Our precious Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Freshwater

Premiership Player
Oct 30, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
how did you all feel about wearing that under 9s guernsey on Saturday? I thought the idea of cartoon characters on footy jumpers went out in the 90s. I was disappointed after fight to get the hoops back. Actually I was embarrassed to have such a juvenile jumper. I know we voted on it last year, but I thought that would be training or NAB cup only.

Hated it

Reminded me of the paddle pop lion guernsey Brisbane wore

I don't mind the white kit occasionally but keep us out of that red one :mad: Every H and A game we've played wearing red we have gotten belted, only recall us wearing it against WCE, Norf and Freo

There's a reason I didn't vote on any of the jumpers last season. Looks horrendous. How many of these do they actually sell to make it a worthwhile exercise?

Looked like the greatest strip ever worn in comparison to the one hawthorn wore on the weekend.... what on earth was that! Thought i was about to watch figure skating.

Hated it

Reminded me of the paddle pop lion guernsey Brisbane wore

I don't mind the white kit occasionally but keep us out of that red one :mad: Every H and A game we've played wearing red we have gotten belted, only recall us wearing it against WCE, Norf and Freo

Can we get the red shorts with the traditional blue jumper occasionally? ;)

We aspire to be like the Collingwood's of this game, so the first step should start with emulating their stand when it comes to their 'prison bars' and we make our 'hoops' sacrosanct.

logo.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are hoops for a reason and should remain like that.

Only Geelong, Footscray and Adelaide are known for their hoops, similar to Collingwood, North and Hawthorn with their stripes. After years of stuffing around with their jumper, St Kilda went back to their historical roots and gone back to the large stripes of like 7-8 years ago.

It was revolting, and I told them as such when they put it to a vote. There needed to be a 'None of the above' option.

We voted to bring the hoops back, don't desecrate them for the sake of selling a few more replicas.

Leave the clipart Dogs to the training jumpers.

Please everyone, ring the club and email the club, they won't know otherwise. Most o the crew I speak to hate these type of guernseys but are silent and don't arc up.

When I saw that jersey online, I honestly thought that one (only that one) looked pretty cool. Then I saw it being worn on the weekend and totally changed my mind. Looked awful.

That is true Beasley, but this is our joy, and the world needs joy. And this club doesn't play at its spiritual home any more, it's changed its song,it's changed its name even! Sometimes all we have left is the Guernsey. And it's a great guernsey with tradition and history. Its one of the most important symbols of our past. We must respect it more and put a greater price on its use.

It was revolting, and I told them as such when they put it to a vote. There needed to be a 'None of the above' option.

We voted to bring the hoops back, don't desecrate them for the sake of selling a few more replicas.

Leave the clipart Dogs to the training jumpers.

The bulldog shop called, your Honeychurch 22 Guernsey from the weekend is ready to be picked up

I bought one. Don't mind it and wouldn't be against using it in the NAB Cup from now on.

Don't really like it being used all the time though, as has been said we fought for the hoops and only the hoops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back