Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

So they are taking the elevator to the bottom?
It really is the strangest tale. Sack a coach who was recently re-signed on the back of the President luring a ex coach who has previously walked out the Club. What's more, the old coach, who hadn't tasted success in many seasons then surrounds himself with old boys in the coaching team.
It must be a football horror story in an age of attacking aggressive football for their supporters watching them play.
Meanwhile, they perform worse than the signed and sacked ex coach (putting aside the dead cat bounce at the beginning of season 23) over a decent sample of footy, some 25 odd games.
Did they fall for a guy who handles the media well and can deliver a cliche laden pithy one liner? Did the president go this way to appease the fans? Is it just another bad decision made aby a footy club?
Whatever the reason, let this be a lesson to every other club on what not to do!!

It really is the strangest tale. Sack a coach who was recently re-signed on the back of the President luring a ex coach who has previously walked out the Club. What's more, the old coach, who hadn't tasted success in many seasons then surrounds himself with old boys in the coaching team.
It must be a football horror story in an age of attacking aggressive football for their supporters watching them play.
Meanwhile, they perform worse than the signed and sacked ex coach (putting aside the dead cat bounce at the beginning of season 23) over a decent sample of footy, some 25 odd games.
Did they fall for a guy who handles the media well and can deliver a cliche laden pithy one liner? Did the president go this way to appease the fans? Is it just another bad decision made aby a footy club?
Whatever the reason, let this be a lesson to every other club on what not to do!!

It’s baffling. But I was referring to Ross taking a dig at Fly after our round 3 match, saying they took the elevator instead of taking the steps to the premiership

Ross is still pissy that we didn’t even ask him to apply for the coaching gig

Hard to imagine that he would have ever been asked with Luke Ball on the selection panel.

I remember when Buckley left there were rumours that Ross Lyon would be our new coach. Bloody relieved that never happened!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Bombers win today would be another good result for us.

Assuming we beat WC it would mean they move to 3rd but remain within 4pts and with a percentage currently below even ours.

The teams then positioned 4th to 7th would only be 2pts clear of us in 8th.

^^^this. Everything’s falling our way now. Log jam with top four is ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So, PA get fined $100k for not taking a player off, to be assessed after a head knock.
But AFL ticked off GEE not taking off Cameron, after clear vision of him hitting his head on the ground and being dazed for a few moments.. And clear vision of the doctor on the field contesting a ball-up, telling Cameron he must come off for assessment.. And Cameron clearly telling him to GAGF…

Apparently, a test was found in one of the drawers this morning showing Cameron was not suffering concussion symptoms last night.
But they decided to do a test this morning because, well, just because.. and hey, lucky they did a test because they found he had delayed concussion symptoms..

Fecken Geelong.. how protected and corrupt are they….
Free kicks, no please explain when taking a swipe at umpires decisions, trade corruption.
They are now third on my hate list.

I've watched so much footy this year. Our best is still the best in the comp.

I have to say as I watch more and more games I feel better and better about our chances when the real stuff starts

Giants are in a genuine low patch at the moment

I expect they’ll turn it around sooner rather than later

Remove this Banner Ad

Back