Summer Olympic Sports in between Olympics thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. What do you do with that line-up? Oboya ran well but faded, Beer was superb. Yukich ran okay, but faded at the end because she had to do too much early.
Cant do much if they are the best 4 avialable. Might change it based on who the matchups are in the repechage to make sure get a top 2.

The 4x400m girls like the mens 4x100m w had the 11th fastest time.

Belgium and Netherlands were faster and didnt auto qualify. Netherlands will add a couple of more runners tomorrow and go faster.

The Oz girls were 0.80 faster than 12th fastest so looking good to qualify in the repechage tomorrow if they put Bek
lgium and Netherlands in different heats

Last edited:
Did a quick check - I think the Aussie girls in the 4x1 may have broken their National record (the same 4 set it a month ago).
Yeah its anew national and area record by about 0.10.

Mens 4x400m are officially 15th fastest, but USA won their heat but got disqualified as they ran in the wrong order to their official list they handed into officials.

Will need to improve a fair bit to get 1st or 2nd in one of the 3 repechage heats tomorrow.

Given 14 qualify for the Olympics here, I dont think they will get a 15th or 16th world ranking place spot for Paris.

Look I loved her on the track and she seems lovely but Dafne Schippers may be the worst commentator I’ve ever heard.

She is not good. Her English is too poor to articulate any expert comments she might have. Whoever hired her should be asked some tough questions as she adds no value whatsoever.

World Athletics SHOULD have a sprinter to commentate on a sprint meet like this with their normal two female commentators being former distance runners, but one who speaks English better (and maybe does some research).

Tamsyn Lewis - who used to do some commentary for World Athletics - would have been far better.

Where is Rohan?

He hardly ever bothers to show up for relay camps or relay teams.

Earlier this year he said World Relays were a priority. Then during our season commentators said he was re-considering as he had a chance of a DIamond League invite around same time.

But he was still underdone due to injury at our nationals & I never expected him to contribute here (or get that DL invite confirmed).

Would rather have a committed team of athletes, rather than adding one who usually can't be bothered.

He hardly ever bothers to show up for relay camps or relay teams.

Earlier this year he said World Relays were a priority. Then during our season commentators said he was re-considering as he had a chance of a DIamond League invite around same time.

But he was still underdone due to injury at our nationals & I never expected him to contribute here (or get that DL invite confirmed).

Would rather have a committed team of athletes, rather than adding one who usually can't be bothered.
I heard him say he wanted to run relays but didnt here his comments about pulling out for a Diamond League opportunty(s).

Aussie mens 4x400 messy.

I expected Beck to run about 0.7 faster than his split. He got mixed up in some congestion which shouldn't happen to such an experienced athlete even if our 4x4 runners rarely get a chance to race this event against quality opposition.

Hopefully the boys can go faster tomorrow as they will probably need a sub 3-03 to have a chance of getting to Paris.

Our fastest man - Reece Holder - was injured during nationals which was a big loss to the team. And our best for the past decade - Steve Solomon - has been AWOL since 2022 Comm Games. He did run a race (slow) in the US a week or so ago, so perhaps he could be added if he gets back to near his best (and if the guys can qualify).

Cooper Sherman - our big improver this year - is over in the Bahamas but didn't run this morning. He might have an injury niggle.

So - with all that to consider - the boys didn't do too badly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tomorrow's start-lists (with major competitors listed):

M4x1 R3 AUS vs RSA BEL TTO
W4x4 R3 AUS vs BEL CZE ESP
M4x4 R3 AUS vs NED CAN BRA

W4x1 F AUS (lane 8) vs EVERYONE

Another great morning of entertainment just about to start - Aussie teams start racing in about an hour.

I think you copied my post from the World Indoors.

I've criticised many of the female co-commentators on World Athletics feeds over the years. Not for their poor English (although they sure have problems pronouncing names that aren't in the British teams).

But yes - after a poor effort in Edinburgh, they should have urgently been seeking a better female sprinter for commentary.

A bunch of faster times in those 'second chance' repechages than yesterday's Aussie record that got our girls into the final.

Hopefully our team can improve too as 2nd change yesterday was slow.

What was Sherman doing in the mens 4x4? Went out way too hard in the first 200. Was always going to fall a long way behind in the last 100.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back