Old School Footy Theme Music...

Remove this Banner Ad

windogs

Rookie
Oct 6, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
G'day, I was hoping that someone here might be able to help me out.

I'm trying to find the song that Channel 7 used to use during their highlights and intros. They might well still use it as they go to and from ads during that "Footy Flashbacks" show that is on the weekends.

It is a kinda rollicking orchestral number, I'm sure it is very recognisible to you all... I don't think it has any words, but once you hear it, you know that it is all about sport.

It is possible that it came from coverage of other sports in America, but my searching so far has not gone too well.

Obviously very hard how a song sounds in words.... :eek:

Anyway, I'd really appreciate any tips or suggestions that people might have. Thanks a lot!

I always loved the music before "The Winners" on the ABC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha. Check out some of the live clips of the same song...

Quite strange to see it being played to a live audience! I mean, when I hear it all I can think of is being a kid with my arse parked on the floor in front of the TV recording the Saturday replay on the VCR. Yet here are some old rockers belting it out to a crowd and loving it!

Here's a few old-school themes.
:diamond: 1979 VFL Theme: "Up There Cazaly" - Click here
:diamond: 1980 VFL Theme: "One Day in September" - Click here
:diamond: 1981 VFL Theme: "There's a little bit of Cazaly in us all." - Click here
:diamond: 1984 VFL Theme: "Our Australian Football" - Click here
:diamond: 1985 VFL Theme: "When The Outer Roars" - Click here
:diamond: 1988 VFL Theme: "We'll Be There" - Click here

Former Australian champion Dave Russell at one point used to enter the ring to this music.
He was extremely popular and his entrance to this music used to whip the crowd into a frenzy.
Great days ...
Reminds me of Chris Conroy's World Of Boats that used to be on tv in the 80s!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back