The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know why Fox Footy dont show the onscreen graphic for the scores in the concurrent game on the 4k channel?

They show it on the HD channel.

Seems an odd choice.

As far back as I recall, theyve never shown it on the 4k version of games.
Don't know for sure, but I know on the HD channel they don't just show the score of the other game, they also show what channel it's on; either 504 or 503.
For the longest time, Foxtel has been hiding the channel numbers of their UHD channels, so if they started showing the scores on the 4K feed, but not what channel the game's on, people might ask the question "Where can I watch this other match in 4K", which Foxtel didn't want to answer.

Don't know for sure, but I know on the HD channel they don't just show the score of the other game, they also show what channel it's on; either 504 or 503.
For the longest time, Foxtel has been hiding the channel numbers of their UHD channels, so if they started showing the scores on the 4K feed, but not what channel the game's on, people might ask the question "Where can I watch this other match in 4K", which Foxtel didn't want to answer.

Wouldn’t even care, if it shows the HD channel number, you’d change to that and hit the pop up to go to the 4k channel.

I'm a big Kane Cornes fan, have been since he did the Fri morn show on SEN, his Mean Tweets segment was gold.

But put it this way, I'd have blokes like Kane Cornes and David King before Darcy that's for sure.

I don't think King is that well liked but he knows his s**t and like Cornes always has an opinion. King actually did a sportsman's day at my local cricket club recently, very well received and then he put his payment on the bar for the boys on the way out, great effort.
Cornes and King do probably the best analysis in the AFL, Montagna tries but he is more basic. First Crack is so much better than AFL 360, which is totally uninspiring and the opposite ro insightful and would be better served being broadcast on Sunday evenings it's that dull.

Sometimes basic is better, it's not a game that needs over explaining at times.

I'm kind in the boat of being over King. That said i'd still watch first crack over the slop that is 360

Disappointing to hear Lyon and Brown after the Adelaide-Essendon game mention that they 'noticed a few things' last week with Rachele but elected not to mention them on the broadcast because he's a young player.

Nothing personal against Rachele, but this is a professional sport and commentators need to do their job and provide viewers with the full picture. Leave the nice stuff to Seven.

Disappointing to hear Lyon and Brown after the Adelaide-Essendon game mention that they 'noticed a few things' last week with Rachele but elected not to mention them on the broadcast because he's a young player.

Nothing personal against Rachele, but this is a professional sport and commentators need to do their job and provide viewers with the full picture. Leave the nice stuff to Seven.
Well.. did they actually mention the 'few things' they noticed tonight?

Wow that’s pathetic by them

Is it normal for others/some/most people, to have about 70% blurred and very substandard visual quality with kayo?
Previous years have been ok but not what you want.
This year is like watching through glasses with grease on them.
Buffering?
We have a big internet plan.
Location? We're in Hurstbridge which is hilly, but has been ok , but not what the $$ justify.
This year is constantly blurred, and at least every 30 minutes just a spinning wheel.
So I have to stop and restart.

Any idea, advice or opinions appreciated

Is it normal for others/some/most people, to have about 70% blurred and very substandard visual quality with kayo?
Previous years have been ok but not what you want.
This year is like watching through glasses with grease on them.
Buffering?
We have a big internet plan.
Location? We're in Hurstbridge which is hilly, but has been ok , but not what the $$ justify.
This year is constantly blurred, and at least every 30 minutes just a spinning wheel.
So I have to stop and restart.

Any idea, advice or opinions appreciated
Mine is often blurry, which is very frustrating after always having a perfect picture with FOXTEL prior to switching to streaming. I sometimes switch to the Seven coverage, which means putting up with ads when you're paying up for Kayo, and you don't always have the option of switching over to Seven. No solutions though, sorry.

Mine is often blurry, which is very frustrating after always having a perfect picture with FOXTEL prior to switching to streaming. I sometimes switch to the Seven coverage, which means putting up with ads when you're paying up for Kayo, and you don't always have the option of switching over to Seven. No solutions though, sorry.
Thanks for the reply..
That is the feedback I've gotten from 3 others I know locally.
I might call Dwayne on SEN and ask why the product is so terrible!
Maybe we all should!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayo has nearly halved the HD (1080) bitrate since it began broadcasting.

Now at 6499kbps for their HD coverage, it's no wonder that for a fast-moving game such as AFL that the images look like a blurry mess.

I remember Ch 10's HD images. Damn we've gone backwards with Kayo (and Ch7).

Would like every Fox commentator to listen, and watch what happened when Denver defeated the Lakers with a buzzer beater today.

Apart from a brief comment - "THE NUGGETS HAVE WON!!", there were 30 seconds where the 3 commentators - 1 main commentator and 2 analysis - said NOTHING.

They let the crowd and players do all the talking. We can see what's going on.

How I wish Fox broadcasts changed from commentators competing for air time with their constant noise.

Can say the same for Ch7.

I don't like listening to the game on mute. I also just can't listen to Underwood. It's horrific.
sync it with SEN.
It's not always a great alternative, but it's better than most of the commentators on TV.

sync it with SEN.
It's not always a great alternative, but it's better than most of the commentators on TV.
If it's a Cats game I do. If it's other teams that I'll dip in and out of I just don't bother.

Super Saturday is garbage.

There's next to no pre game or post game for the first 2 games, followed by an hour worth of crap on the night game which is already covered by 7...

If you have exclusive rights to the first 2 games would it not make sense to highlight them at least?

They had Geelong v Carlton today exclusive on FOX. They did 4 minutes of pre game and 1 minute post game. What on earth was the point.

Once that's done we've got the very unfunny wrap up by the worst line up in football for 20 minutes including Brereton & Betts. Weow. (Reiwoldt is not included. As much as I hate him, he's excellent on TV)

Once that's done we've got the very unfunny wrap up by the worst line up in football for 20 minutes including Brereton & Betts. Weow. (Reiwoldt is not included. As much as I hate him, he's excellent on TV)

Everytime I see Eddie Betts on TV he's aged another decade. He looks straight out of a photo from the 40s.

They had Geelong v Carlton today exclusive on FOX. They did 4 minutes of pre game and 1 minute post game. What on earth was the point.
Because they schedule the games with 5min between finish and the next one starting.

They have multiple channels and a streaming service. They paid a squillion for the rights. They can walk and chew gum at the same time.
This. Have complete self-contained coverage on Kayo and use the other Fox Sports channels (e.g. 507) so Foxtel viewers can watch 'overflow' pre-/post-game coverage if they want.

We know they do proper pre- and post-game coverage. Even as recently as three weeks ago, the Magpies V Hawks match was on both 504 & 503 from part way through. On 503, the coverage continued until the song was sung in the rooms, whereas 504 they went straight to Bounce.

I'm not expecting TNF/FNF-style extended coverage for every game, but from the teams running through the banners through to the winning team singing the song in the rooms should be the minimum.

They have multiple channels and a streaming service. They paid a squillion for the rights. They can walk and chew gum at the same time.
I agree, but they want people to stay on the linear channel and watch every game.

In an ideal world, 504 would take the games back to back to back, with 503 being used for the pre/post game that overlaps with live play (and Kayo being able to stay on the one game from pregame to post game). Bare minimum should be 30min before every game, and at least 15min postgame including the song. Not sure why they can't sort this out.

Sometimes basic is better, it's not a game that needs over explaining at times.

I'm kind in the boat of being over King. That said i'd still watch first crack over the slop that is 360
first crack should be for at least 2 hours so they can spend more than 5 minutes on each game..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back