Official Chelsea FC Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Busquets looked (and still looks at times) very limited as well (almost Belgian in his level of lack of technical ability), up to a point where some still can't admit or recognise the guy's actually (very) good and extremely important and clever.

Better give him a few years. I've hardly seen anything of him so far but many seem to be positive about him.

Busquets looked (and still looks at times) very limited as well (almost Belgian in his level of lack of technical ability), up to a point where some still can't admit or recognise the guy's actually (very) good and extremely important and clever.

Better give him a few years. I've hardly seen anything of him so far but many seem to be positive about him.

To be fair to Busquets, a lot of players are going to look technically limited when they're playing in the same side as Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and the like. Don't think that's why some people don't recognise him as a good player though. I think that stems from the fact that he's seen as a bit a of a play-acter.

Back to more Chelsea-orientated things, I'm really not that excited about the potential Gary Cahill signing. If he wasn't English we wouldn't be giving him the time of day. Don't think he's really Chelsea quality. Hope he proves me wrong though.

I don't mind the Cahill buy. Only 5 million pounds so is definitely worth a punt to see if he can make it at the top. Plus he is 26 so has plenty of football left in him.

The rest of my January wishlist :D

Centre-mid playmaker- Top of the list for mine. We seem lost for creativity too often. Ramires, meireles and romeu are all too similar to play in the one team. All workhouses but lack that x-factor all champion teams have. Need a modric/kaka type.

Another CB and/or RB- if we can get a quality RB Ivanovic can move back to the middle and maybe Luiz to midfield. But we are really lacking some serious speed at the back.

Wide midfielders- maybe we would use them if we had some? Would mean Sturridge could go back to being a pure striker and Mata could possibly have an even bigger impact in midfield

Goalkeeper- Cech has never been the same since his injury and has had plenty of time to get mentally over it. Really starting to cost us lately. However I would say there is a 1% chance we'll replace him.

I don't mind the Cahill buy. Only 5 million pounds so is definitely worth a punt to see if he can make it at the top. Plus he is 26 so has plenty of football left in him.
I like the purchase. Fair enough he hasn't had the best season, but it's hard to be a defender in a rubbish team. The price is right, he's still got a lot of years at the top and he's English.

The rest of my January wishlist :D

Centre-mid playmaker- Top of the list for mine. We seem lost for creativity too often. Ramires, meireles and romeu are all too similar to play in the one team. All workhouses but lack that x-factor all champion teams have. Need a modric/kaka type.
I still think Kaka is worth the punt at 20m. We definitely need a creative mid. Would just be interesting to see how we would line up with one.

Another CB and/or RB- if we can get a quality RB Ivanovic can move back to the middle and maybe Luiz to midfield. But we are really lacking some serious speed at the back.
Happy to just get Cahill as CB replacement for Alex, but agree we need a RB. Ferreira is past it and Bosingwa is a defender who cannot defend. Would love Van Der Wiel. Interesting to see if Sam Hutchinson can come on like we expected him to before his premature retirement. Young, quality CB/RB.

Wide midfielders- maybe we would use them if we had some? Would mean Sturridge could go back to being a pure striker and Mata could possibly have an even bigger impact in midfield
As above, I would love to see some wingers and a creative mid, but we can't fit them all in to our shape. It's pretty evident we're always going to be a 4-3-3. And with a defensive mid that only leaves 2 other mids. Both of whom would have to stay rather central.

Goalkeeper- Cech has never been the same since his injury and has had plenty of time to get mentally over it. Really starting to cost us lately. However I would say there is a 1% chance we'll replace him.
I think he'll stay until the summer but I think we have a big chance of (and I truely hope we do this) bring in Thibaut Courtois as the new No 1. He is still very young but he is a gun 'keeper and could be a quality choice for the next 10+ years. Has all the attributes of a world-class keeper in the making.

Good, important win :thumbsu:. Everyone played pretty well except Bosingwa. His passing was average and his poor defending was easily exposed, including their goal.

Good, important win :thumbsu:. Everyone played pretty well except Bosingwa. His passing was average and his poor defending was easily exposed, including their goal.

Was definitely an important win, but I wouldn't say everyone played well. All the midfielders were guilty of poor movement and defence at times. Meireles was particularly poor I felt. Would make a pass and then just stand there. It's a pity we couldn't break them down better and a couple on the board a bit early as it would have been nice to see a few other youngsters get a run. Chalobah/Lukaku/Bertrand on the bench unable to get a run. Bertrand, I feel, will be looking for a new club in the summer to get more opportunities. It's a shame as I think he is a great footballer, but he is getting past the point of loans.

Definitely need a new RB. Would love the rumours to be true about Krasic. Krasic on the right of midfield with Sturridge on the right of attack would mean there is no need for our RB to bomb forward, thus tightening our defence a bit.

Definitely need a new RB. Would love the rumours to be true about Krasic. Krasic on the right of midfield with Sturridge on the right of attack would mean there is no need for our RB to bomb forward, thus tightening our defence a bit.

Not sure how that would work? Considering AVB appears to be hell-bent on sticking with 4-3-3, Krasic is no CM and definitely won't take Ramires' spot at RCM. If Krasic comes in he'll most likely play at RW and have Studge go to CF unless we change our shape.

As for a RB, well... how long till Ivan comes back? :eek: Bos is immeasurably frustrating.

Not sure how that would work? Considering AVB appears to be hell-bent on sticking with 4-3-3, Krasic is no CM and definitely won't take Ramires' spot at RCM. If Krasic comes in he'll most likely play at RW and have Studge go to CF unless we change our shape.

As for a RB, well... how long till Ivan comes back? :eek: Bos is immeasurably frustrating.

Yeah I did think about that as I was writing it. But I don't like the way we line up in our 4-3-3 at the moment. It is basically a 4-3-2-1 with the 2 wide front men dropping back into midfield/wingers and isolating the CF. And with Torres as a CF he has struggled with this isolation given our passes into him haven't been that great and Studge and Bosingwa have no idea how to cross a ball in off the right. Studge is still a CF playing out of position and it shows in his inability to cross and the fact he always tries to dribble in and make room to push onto his left for a shot.

As much as Iva is our best RB option I'm against using him there as prolonged periods in that position finish with him threatening to leave. He is a CB and wants to play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back