Mega Thread Official 2012 Free Agency discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks silly in a brisbane jumper. lol

Moloney%20-%20a.jpg

To be fair. It's a silly jumper.
Mainly just the paddlepop, which most Lions supporters agree needs to go (2013 could be it's last year, finger's crossed).

The colours are fine obviously.

Mainly just the paddlepop, which most Lions supporters agree needs to go (2013 could be it's last year, finger's crossed).

The colours are fine obviously.

I agree. Loved the outfit you wore during the threepeat days. The Paddlepop being used to break the blue and Maroon looks ridiculous, creates a really weird looking border. Also if you don't go back to that, I'd love to see you guys go with the fitzroy heritage jumper you wore earlier in the year or some variant of it.

It was reported in the HUN today that Port are cooling on the idea of picking up free agent Carlton defener Jordan Russell. Before the fee agency period started he was the FA I was hoping most that we might pick up as he's a very capable and reliable defender. What do others here think of him?

Surjan delisted by PA today.

Nuggety back pocket, good shutdown defender.

Please can we?

Barty may never play again, leaving us with just Tynan on the smalls.

DFA may impact on Moloney's compensation (does it?), but otherwise we could go for him late in the draft ala. Sellar or in the PSD.

Can't comprehend why he's been delisted if not injured.

Barty may never play again, leaving us with just Tynan on the smalls.

This is the concern, and the main reason I was interested in Russell. Surjan's 179cm would probably make him a more suitable replacement than Russell at 188cm. I'm just not sure I rate Surjan all that highly as a player

I have a feeling Rivers will be back in the red and blue next year

Seems that way, the geelong deal sounds like it's all but fallen apart and I'm not sure there are many other clubs that want/need him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want Dawes. His decent football(it wasn't better than decent) was played in a completely dominant side with opposition defenders trying to stop a rampaging Cloke. By the end of this season he couldn't take chest marks. Martin has been average forward thus far, but can play anywhere and has more upside IMO. Wellingham is a good player but I wouldn't be giving up pick four either. Really hope we land him, he's pretty good.

Look how bloody happy Beamer looked, something serious must have happened to make him want to leave

Wrong way round. Neeld wanted him out and Beamer wasn't getting another contract. He knew this early, his manager hawked him around and he eventually sucked in Crazy Vossy.

I'm locking up the first of the Mega Threads as FA 2012 comes to a close.

Final FA Ledger:

IN: Byrnes (UFA - Geelong)

OUT: Moloney (RFA - Brisbane), Rivers (UFA - Geelong)

AFL: 2012 Free agency moves & offers
mockup_AFLCtlGalleryLibraryForNews.png

Our compo will be announced shortly and there is a discussion thread here so feel free to celebrate/vent.

We'll open a new Delisted FA thread closer to the date.

AFL: Players stranded as FA ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back