Obscure Songs (YouTube Links Only.)

Remove this Banner Ad

More 80s Aussie guitar rock. The Proton Energy Pills who were the precursor to Tumbleweed. Soundtrack of my teenage years - takes me back to skateboarding at Prahran Bowl, buying beer with dodgy IDs and making bongs with orange juice bottles.

More 80s Aussie guitar rock. The Proton Energy Pills who were the precursor to Tumbleweed. Soundtrack of my teenage years - takes me back to skateboarding at Prahran Bowl, buying beer with dodgy IDs and making bongs with orange juice bottles.

Haha. Brought back memories of this mob who were out at the same time

Been digging these guys lately. The Miracle Workers - a lot of the 60s revivalist stuff from the 80s left me cold. Aping a sound and look was akin to watching a cover band for me. But the 60s influenced bands that took that influence and went somewhere else with it were great. These guys are definitely the latter.

Haha. Brought back memories of this mob who were out at the same time

My wife wanted to let you know that she bought his on 7" when it first came out. I'd forgotten about them - great stuff. I think I saw them with the Splatterheads one night at the Richmond Club. Great days.

mid 80s Sydney Band. Spy v Spy

mid 80s Melbourne band Paimters and Dockers

(there's a reason no one's ever heard of them but they got a fair bit of play on JJJ at the time.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mid 80s Sydney Band. Spy v Spy

mid 80s Melbourne band Paimters and Dockers

(there's a reason no one's ever heard of them but they got a fair bit of play on JJJ at the time.)

The Spies and Dockers are obscure? I am getting old. Both were great live. The Spies were huge in Brazil. They played stadiums over there I understand.

Time for some more rare (but f**kin' brilliant) heavy psych

BF Trike (BF: big f**king)

Toronto's Bent Wind

Pittsburgh power trio Fresh Blueberry Pancake from their only (and aptly titled) album, "Heavy"

Another band that released only one album, New Joisey's Sainte Anthony's Fyre

Bevis Frond - the vehicle for Nick Salomon, one of the best DIY guys I've heard. From the most acid-drenched, heavy psych to great acoustic numbers.

Rare mid 90's Norwegian Avant-Garde/ Black metal. One of my favourite songs of all time, most unique music I've ever heard. If anyone knows of another band with that intense enigmatic atmosphere, I want to listen to it.

Rare mid 90's Norwegian Avant-Garde/ Black metal. One of my favourite songs of all time, most unique music I've ever heard. If anyone knows of another band with that intense enigmatic atmosphere, I want to listen to it.

Not quite black metal, but certainly full on atmoshere that you might dig

---------------------------

This thread is gold - The few that I've listened to has got me downloading a few albums. Will be sure to check out all the songs when I have more time

Zarrix you want some intense enigmatic atmosphere just listen to the latter stuff from this bloke

few more obscure tunes

Japanese 80's deathrock

awesome local noise rock outfit that called it quits after two records

some nice current day post punk revivalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back