Obscure Songs (YouTube Links Only.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawkwind were/are an awesome band. Silver Machine made it to number 3 on the charts in England. More proof that the 70s was the greatest period in human history.

Keeping the thread going, another 70s rocker. Dust featuring a pre Ramones Marc Bell.

Bad Brains are a great band but if you want go obscure for Afro-American punk try Death. They were around before punk broke in the mid 70s, self released their own records, were into the Stooges, MC5, Alice Cooper and all of the other pre-punk giants and released some killer tracks.

Hawkwind were/are an awesome band. Silver Machine made it to number 3 on the charts in England. More proof that the 70s was the greatest period in human history.

One look at this clip and you'll know exactly why.......:)

Obscure songs?

Underrated and ahead of his time.............Nash the Slash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Freeloaders - Something for Nothing. I saw this band dozens of times often to bugger all people. Sadly both guitarists are now dead. Guy Lucas was a great singer, songwriter and guitarist. He also used to mix bands (like my bands) for next to nothing. Sean Greenaway was in God - you still hear My Pal at the footy quite a lot.

Finnish Christmas song. It's a collaboration of the biggest names in Finnish rock and metal music. I think it's quite good but 2 of my favourite bands are represented so I'm a bit biased.

Who is singing when

0:15 JP Leppäluoto (Harmaja, Charon) 0:30 Ville Tuomi (Suburban Tribe, Leningrad Cowboys) 0:44 Ilja Jalkanen, voice only (Kiuas) 0:53 Pasi Rantanen (Thunderstone) 1:15 Antti Railio (Voice Of Finland 2013) 1:30 Kimmo Blom (Urban Tale) 1:45 Tommi ”Tuple” Salmela (Tarot) 1:55 Tony Kakko (Sonata Arctica) 2:55 Marco Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot) 3:11 Ari Koivunen (Amoral) 3:20 Jarkko Ahola (Teräsbetoni, Ahola) 3:35 Antony Parviainen (Machine Men) 4:00 Marco Hietala (Nightwish, Tarot)

Lyrics and translation

Bad Brains are a great band but if you want go obscure for Afro-American punk try Death. They were around before punk broke in the mid 70s, self released their own records, were into the Stooges, MC5, Alice Cooper and all of the other pre-punk giants and released some killer tracks.

Isn't there a recent doco on these blokes? Good s**t indeed

I've been getting into some pretty obscure 70's and 80's funk/disco jams lately....

Whaddaya mean lately Krisholio you funkster :D

This 'un's very obscure. Top Dollar from Endless Boogie put me onto this twisted psych curio. Coming on like a demented Scott Walker, on Reachin' he lays down an album chronicling the disappointments of his life in a psychedelic, lounge-rock kinda way. Managed to download it off the interwebz. Love it to death

Yep, there sure is a doco on Death - mate I go to the footy with saw it and said it's great if a little sad.

Anyways back on track

Some more 90s underground Aussie rock.

Brother Brick out of Sydney. Super live band.

One of my favourites of theirs - that's protopunk 101 for mine. Lemmy's bass playing is awesome on it.

Now for something really different but fantastic all the same. This is Jimmy Hart, the Mouth of the South off the wrestling with his call to arms "We Hate School". Featuring the First Family with Koko B Ware on guitar, the Iranian Assassin on drums and the Super Destroyer on bass. Should have been the number one everywhere. Memphis wrestling was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back