Obscure Songs (YouTube Links Only.)

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand why it's obscure, but damned that was hypnotic

Dunno whether some here'd class these as obscure, however I'd imagine most wouldnae heard 'em. Lost classics of oz rock

Lobby and the boyz (love those ol' GTK clips on youtube :D).

My fave Masters Apps toon from their prog period.

The late, lamented Thee Dirty Lovers left this bit o' garage punk trashiness.

Queen's throwaway obscurity, The Hero, released only on the Flash Gordon soundtrack. With its rather inspiring lyrics, the band showcases its potential here as a set-opener, even when past their prime.

Not to be confused with the bloke who played Aunty Jack.

Is that Ginger Baker on drums?

Amazing track.

That's right. Band mate to be Jack Bruce is not on this recording I understand, but at other times he made for a highly talented line up along with Dick Heckstall-Smith and John McLaughlin. Bond himself was a gun on the keys with a great blues voice.

Hope I'll be forgiven for giving them a run with this blues standard.

Not really obscure (it charted in the top 30 here I think, and got some exposure on Hey Hey It's Saturday), plus its from a relatively popular band, but Evidence from Faith No More is a really cool track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was a minor hit in parts of Australia in 1973/74 ish. I remember it from my days in Tassie.

I believe the artist performing it is from Belgium. It was co-written by Englishman Mike Batt.

I've never been able to find much information about it, even the bloke who compiled an exhaustive recording/writing dossier on Mike Batt didn't know it existed.

One of the best bands of the 60s. Might not get MMM airplay but are still pretty well known. Or is it just the circles I move in?

The band is definitely not obscure among lovers of psychedelic rock and the Forever Changes album would be in a lot of top-10 lists by such fans. For this reason I went with She Comes in Colors off the second album. Interesting that it hasn't ever made the play lists of Australia's syndicated dad rock stations for regular floggings alongside the Doors Stones and Hendrix

Thread delivering some gold :thumbsu:

Loved these weirdos. Couple of albums and disappeared. Sich Offnen made it onto a Triple J hottest 100. They have a song Rhinoceros Tap Dance that I cannot find ANYWHERE but would love it if anyone could point me in the right direction. In the meantime, enjoy this

Obscure 80's band that should have been bigger. Some cool stuff

From my youth

Are covers cheating? Here are a couple I like...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back