O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What an underwhelming day.
Yes it's easy to complain but from the games to the weather it's all just flat for local o & m footy, sadly just a few years ago it was " the best game in town "
Hopefully somewhere the wheel turns and it's atleast competative in the near future.
Unfortunately I think we will all be wondering who will Albury beat next year.
It's interesting that not only is no other club in the hunt , but it's going to cost the other 9 clus money. By BBM the small crowd means less $ to all clubs , or so is inferred . Even with rain a myrtleford v raiders GF would have filled the place.

It's interesting that not only is no other club in the hunt , but it's going to cost the other 9 clus money. By BBM the small crowd means less $ to all clubs , or so is inferred . Even with rain a myrtleford v raiders GF would have filled the place.

This is what football has become. Eight grand finals for six flags or whatever it is in the last decade... Country football has changed. Sustainability and equality have taken too long to be implemented and will allow the JFNC to continue to their dominance. If six in a row is what they are aimed upon and that costs other clubs money, i dont think they will care all that much. It doesn't affect them.

Although in those conditions to have 26 scoring shots, against the best defensive team in the league, and win by 40 points i think this maybe the best side ever assembled outside of the state league. (and maybe better than some state league sides)

Yes I understand the continual negative comments towards the success of the Albury Tigers .... but if was your club achieving this , would you be complaining !

I remember the Wang Rovers winning some 7 out of 9 flags in the seventies and everyone had nothing but admiration for them .....
Albury have put in place a progressive business plan and with the success they have built a unreal culture within the club. Thats one reason why their top 8 players stay at the club,,,,,, like its not as if they are turning over top recruits every season and paying big match payments to recruit for the next season ,,, really they only recruited 2 high profile players in Crossy and Mellington this season . Another huge benefit of having so many guns is the fact that these guys set a example to the up and coming youngsters both on and off the track ,,, eg,, Elliot Powell ,, has declared that his incredible development has been because of these older gun players helping him on the track, becoming much fitter etc etc.
Even the Albury reserves grade made the GF again,,, and that is after loosing a number of good players that couldnt get a crack in the senior side, so they leave to play seniors in the nearby Hume League or other minor league and get paid $ 150 plus a game.
I hear so many comments about Col Joss ,,, well he and his support to the Tigers is to be commended , but its not all about him ,, its about all people involved with the club and their committment to it.
Im not a Tigers supporter, but I do say ,, give credit where credit is due... their achievements in this day and age are nothing short of exceptional .
Must also comment ,, well done to Wodonga and Myrtleford on their improvement this season... great efforts.

Yes I understand the continual negative comments towards the success of the Albury Tigers .... but if was your club achieving this , would you be complaining !

I remember the Wang Rovers winning some 7 out of 9 flags in the seventies and everyone had nothing but admiration for them .....
Albury have put in place a progressive business plan and with the success they have built a unreal culture within the club. Thats one reason why their top 8 players stay at the club,,,,,, like its not as if they are turning over top recruits every season and paying big match payments to recruit for the next season ,,, really they only recruited 2 high profile players in Crossy and Mellington this season . Another huge benefit of having so many guns is the fact that these guys set a example to the up and coming youngsters both on and off the track ,,, eg,, Elliot Powell ,, has declared that his incredible development has been because of these older gun players helping him on the track, becoming much fitter etc etc.
Even the Albury reserves grade made the GF again,,, and that is after loosing a number of good players that couldnt get a crack in the senior side, so they leave to play seniors in the nearby Hume League or other minor league and get paid $ 150 plus a game.
I hear so many comments about Col Joss ,,, well he and his support to the Tigers is to be commended , but its not all about him ,, its about all people involved with the club and their committment to it.
Im not a Tigers supporter, but I do say ,, give credit where credit is due... their achievements in this day and age are nothing short of exceptional .
Must also comment ,, well done to Wodonga and Myrtleford on their improvement this season... great efforts.
Just choked on my Webster pack !!!

Yes the tigers player do still have to train and play to high standards so yes credit to them for doing that.
Yes only a couple of high profile recruits THIS YEAR.
Yes many have stayed on the list and in the region for multiple years.
If only every clubs players could find such prosperous employment and not worry about match payments so they can focus on football we'd all be a touch more excited with the local comp.
But as you said we should just try a little harder and not complain.

Pretty classy by the Tigers player sticking his old fella out on the back page of the Border Mail today. Obviously keen to be seen as a family club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a report on 2ay, where they apologise. $500 fine, police issue criminal breech and looking at security footage from hospital for another incident that night.
O & M to make full statement this afternoon.

No but the Base Hospital incident is a fairly large issue! More so then the Fevola out drinking before an inter league game.

I was attempting humour with "not a big issue " refering to the offending item in photo. I do think it's wrong.
As for hospital, I've got no details other than what I stated.

I was attempting humour with "not a big issue " refering to the offending item in photo. I do think it's wrong.
As for hospital, I've got no details other than what I stated.
And by no I agree that it wasn't large! I'm sure the short jokes will flow thick and fast.

You certainly can't blame a team for celebrating a flag and celebrating it hard it is of course the ultimate goal of any team but carrying on like that in public is completely out of order. Have heard a video of the incident has been posted online but can't bring myself to watch such stupidity. Any word on possible sanctions from either the league or the law?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back