O&M 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

GRAND FINALS this Sunday and it seems none of us could give a toss.

Here's what I'm hoping happens this weekend...

Thirds
A close contest where both teams are a chance of winning half way through the last quarter. Yarra winning in a close game!

Reserves
Hoping Yarra kick the first 5 goals and Albury don't get any closer to them than that all day. Yarra by 42 points.

Seniors
Lavi punch the living sh!t out of the albury boys early on and they never recover. Panthers take a 21 point lead into the final quarter, kick the first 2 and it starts to bucket down. Lavi by 27 points.

Here's what I think will happen this weekend...

Thirds
A close contest early in slippery conditions. As the ground dries up a bit Yarra start to take control and dominate. Yarra by 51 points.

Reserves
Albury to be in control from late in the 3rd quarter. End up winning by 27 points.

Seniors
Albury to simply keep Lavi at arms length for the first half and then put the foot down in the 3rd quarter and draw away to a 72 point win. One of the albury co-coaches to say something like "there's a lot of negative things said about our footy club by lots of people and I think it's unwarranted"

Last edited:

Thirds
A close contest where both teams are a chance of winning half way through the last quarter. Yarra winning in a close game!

Reserves
Hoping Yarra kick the first 5 goals and Albury don't get any closer to them than that all day. Yarra by 42 points.

Seniors
Lavi punch the living sh!t out the the albury boys early on and they never recover. Panthers take a 21 point lead into the final quarter, kick the first 2 and it starts to bucket down. Lavi by 27 points.

Thirds
A close contest early in slippery conditions. As the ground dries up a bit Yarra start to take control and dominate. Yarra by 51 points.

Reserves
Albury to be in control from late in the 3rd quarter. End up winning by 27 points.

Seniors
Albury to simply keep Lavi at arms length for the first half and then put the foot down in the 3rd quarter and draw away to a 72 point win. One of the albury co-coaches to say something like "there's a lot of negative things said about our footy club by lots of people and I think it's unwarranted"
I think you could be spot on with all 3 games.

Thirds

Reserves

Seniors
Lavi punch the living sh!t out of the albury boys early on and they never recover. Panthers take a 21 point lead into the final quarter, kick the first 2 and it starts to bucket down. Lavi by 27 points.

Thirds

Reserves

Seniors

I think your spot on in your introduction, no one gives a toss!

Who's coaching your beloved pies next year macgyver??
Sorry old mate hadnt been on for a while, but the Stoney signing did suprise me a little. Alot of positive comments comming my way from peoplearound already so obviously a good start.
3rds wont be as one sided as most think. Wangs boys have realy taken it to a new level once lads stopped playing up in 1s and 2s, having the same group together afew weeks has had a profound effect. Yarra are an awesome machine and most likely take home the cup, but should be a good contest.
Anyone else hear Grinter is going to get the scissors out sunday morning and cu the cast off to play the two?
Not going to comment on ones as none of us realy care as the true grandfinal was the prelim.

Due to the Albury domination & the weather I'm struggling to see the crowd being more then 4000 today. Hopefully I'm wrong

Very small crowd in atm. Cant see to many braving the cold to drink jars on the hill, your 4000 estimate could be about right.
Solid Yarra thirds win, handled the wet like pros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thirds

Reserves

Seniors

Thirds

Reserves

Seniors
Pretty close!!!

Mate they had about nine dudes sleeping in banana lounges that day... we will be good next year, but us realist dont even cling to that

What an underwhelming day.
Yes it's easy to complain but from the games to the weather it's all just flat for local o & m footy, sadly just a few years ago it was " the best game in town "
Hopefully somewhere the wheel turns and it's atleast competative in the near future.
Unfortunately I think we will all be wondering who will Albury beat next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back