O and M 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Heard from a good source that Albury got wind of the raiders trying to recruite the 3 vlf players and offered them more $$$. So my question to you Albury bums is are you sure u dont pay big money? and do u really need to stoop that low and try n steel other teams recruites. For the record they had all verbally agreeded to play at raiders before Albury stooped so low.

Heard from a good source that Albury got wind of the raiders trying to recruite the 3 vlf players and offered them more $$$. So my question to you Albury bums is are you sure u dont pay big money? and do u really need to stoop that low and try n steel other teams recruites. For the record they had all verbally agreeded to play at raiders before Albury stooped so low.

Bad by Albury if true. That's the forth club I've heard of offering more than Raiders for these Recruits, So credit to them. Wodonga picked up another onballer missing a good quality Foward still but having Ben Hollands back fit will be a plus.

Any news down Myrtleford or Corowa way?
What clubs are playing intra clubs against who?

You're full of crap mate. Stop trying to pass the buck on after the 120k splurge the Raiders spent on 3 players. If you do go for Raiders I suggest you cop it sweet as you deserve any criticism that comes your way.

Bad by Albury if true. That's the forth club I've heard of offering more than Raiders for these Recruits, So credit to them. Wodonga picked up another onballer missing a good quality Foward still but having Ben Hollands back fit will be a plus.

Corowa has picked up a few

Not sure about Myrtleford, lost Coombes which will hurt but i think they are on the brink of announcing a few signings.

Besides the years when spargo coached and they bought every premiership, i can remember when albury were the joke of the o and m and once joss realises it would be better to invest in his and his families future instead of propping up the footy club year after year. It wont be long before albury is again the laughing stock of the league and community. untill then enjoy your well paid success you tossers

When were Albury the laughing stock? Premiership wise they are the most successful team in the history of the O&M. I think people need to keep there posts on here informative and not resort to petty insults.

I dont see how calling up players wishing to leave the club is bad? I am pretty sure most clubs would do that. Especially a player whom is young and still breaking into a good team. If all four called then it may be a bit far, but I don't see it as such a big deal like some on here are making it.

a bit of jealousy here i think. im not even from albury and all i hear about on here is people whinging about albury buying recruits and 'not giving anyone else a chance'. What do you expect them to do? say 'we have been successful so we will stop doing what works and give other clubs a chance to win a flag'. Why don't clubs start looking at what Albury do and find out how they can do it better. You don't see Central District in the SANFL letting people catch up to them just because they have played in the last 12 grand finals?? and clubs don't expect them to, they just have to figure out a way to match them and beat them.

a bit of jealousy here i think. im not even from albury and all i hear about on here is people whinging about albury buying recruits and 'not giving anyone else a chance'. What do you expect them to do? say 'we have been successful so we will stop doing what works and give other clubs a chance to win a flag'. Why don't clubs start looking at what Albury do and find out how they can do it better. You don't see Central District in the SANFL letting people catch up to them just because they have played in the last 12 grand finals?? and clubs don't expect them to, they just have to figure out a way to match them and beat them.

amen. find a way to better them, or be prepared to be second rate for many years to come. because thats what every other side in the O&M is at the moment.

amen. find a way to better them, or be prepared to be second rate for many years to come. because thats what every other side in the O&M is at the moment.

So you could say that a certain footy administrator that was at albury is trying to do the same thing at raiders now?
Is he the brains behind it all?

your probably right about them being at the top for a long time to come. That is unless the league decides to put some things in place to make the comp a bit more even. That would be interesting.

First bit of news out of Lavington in today's paper -does anyone know anything about Sam Harris?Another runner would suit their game plan I guess.That was Mitch Palmer next to him so there's another runner.Cool singlets they had on-looked good.:thumbsu:

Why? Are you a past player that couldnt make the grade?

Not really sure what relevance this has but always have been an Albury man..

In other news, Lavington should probably slow down their recruiting of non-lavington locals. Their ex-coach might disapprove and go public about the matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Name names mate or dont even bother putting this dribble on here.

Dont think albury calling jack andrew to try and get him to stay should cause any problems, 19-20 year old who is breaking into a top side i thought would be worth trying to keep.

Also winning two premierships by less than 2 goals both times shows that albury have been more than tested in the last couple of years, and it would be very foolish to think they could contest for the premiership again without having to recruit like every other side does, in every competition in australia.

Anyway 2012 looking like a good season coming up with some real quality players being picked up by both wodonga sides, henneman to corowa and lavington set to improve on last year and really push for a premiership.

Not really sure what relevance this has but always have been an Albury man..

In other news, Lavington should probably slow down their recruiting of non-lavington locals. Their ex-coach might disapprove and go public about the matter.

Did it well, didn't he? seemed to rattle our man's cage.

your probably right about them being at the top for a long time to come. That is unless the league decides to put some things in place to make the comp a bit more even. That would be interesting.

Any thoughts on what could be done?

Salary Cap? Proven not to work and can easily be manipulated with jobs or outside bonuses.

Points System? Most tansparent but surely would weaken the overall strength of the competition.

Any thoughts on what could be done?

Salary Cap? Proven not to work and can easily be manipulated with jobs or outside bonuses.

Points System? Most tansparent but surely would weaken the overall strength of the competition.
My thoughts are that good luck to any club recruiting outside of the league-free for all as all it does is improve the standard of the league.Maybe somehow cap via a points system recruiting from within the league.As previously stated I think that is the main issue with Albury-that they have through their resources attracted 7 or 8 Premiership players from within the competition.
How Corowa would love Shaun Daly at the moment or Nth Albury Joel Mackie or Myrt Andrew Carey .I don't want to go into why they left just stating that this I feel is what hurts clubs.It could still happen but cap it so as club's get reward for investment.

My thoughts are that good luck to any club recruiting outside of the league-free for all as all it does is improve the standard of the league.Maybe somehow cap via a points system recruiting from within the league.As previously stated I think that is the main issue with Albury-that they have through their resources attracted 7 or 8 Premiership players from within the competition.
How Corowa would love Shaun Daly at the moment or Nth Albury Joel Mackie or Myrt Andrew Carey .I don't want to go into why they left just stating that this I feel is what hurts clubs.It could still happen but cap it so as club's get reward for investment.

Players need to be rewarded for staying with clubs, either that or clubs need to be compensated for losing players. As well as the ones mentioned above, North would love to have Mark Bush. You can never blame a player for moving onto a better opportunity, its just some clubs cannot provide players with those opportunities. Unfortunately as Albury grow, the others are left behind with no way of catching up, and with that have trouble attracting any new players.

I dont think you can monitor a salary cap and also agree that a points system might make it tough to compete with the GVFL, Bendigo FL (etc) if they put a limit on quality players from outside the league. The idea of a points system and transfer fees for clubs recruiting oppositions juniors appeals. Lets say Albury had to pay $10,000 for each of the mentioned players. The might have found the money, but at least the club involved would have been in a position to replace them or spend the $$ on developing more jnrs.

When were Albury the laughing stock? Premiership wise they are the most successful team in the history of the O&M. I think people need to keep there posts on here informative and not resort to petty insults.

Short memory.

Like every other club, they've had periods when they were crap.

The early Noughties springs to mind, couple of 100+ point losses in amongst that period.
Someone with a better memory than either of us may be able to pinpoint that a bit better.

Just being informative.

I see in the paper the other a small article about North's recruits. Not really the big names other clubs are announcing. Popko may be leaving as well. How will North fare next year?
Any updates on numbers getting to everyones respective pre season trainings?

CHB12, can you expand on who Corowa have picked up

Thanks

Short memory.

Like every other club, they've had periods when they were crap.

The early Noughties springs to mind, couple of 100+ point losses in amongst that period.
Someone with a better memory than either of us may be able to pinpoint that a bit better.

Just being informative.

For memory:
94 made finals
95-97 premiers
98 - made finals
99 lost grand final
2000 they lost in the qualifying final
2001 is the year you are thinking of, they finished 9th
2002 Spargo returned and the went out in straight sets in the finals
2003-2008 Hodgson and Carroll coached, made the finals once i think, but mostly finished 6-7th
2009-2011 - premiers

Hardly the laughing stock of the competition. One poor year in which they didnt even win the wooden spoon and a handful just outside the finals

I think talk of a salary cap or points system is the wrong thinking because unless the whole VCFL adopt the same plan then it will ultimately weaken the league.

I think there should be a system where clubs are rewarded for players gradutaing from their own under 18 program into senior footy. In what form this reward would take place i'm unsure...

How many of Albury's premeirship side played 3rds at the club?

I think talk of a salary cap or points system is the wrong thinking because unless the whole VCFL adopt the same plan then it will ultimately weaken the league.

I think there should be a system where clubs are rewarded for players gradutaing from their own under 18 program into senior footy. In what form this reward would take place i'm unsure...

How many of Albury's premeirship side played 3rds at the club?

The problem with that sort of system though is that it would disadvantage areas without tertiary education options. Alot of good younger players already leave clubs because they are moving away for uni.

Looking at Alburys team:
gaylard, duck, o'connell, packer, mitchell, l.daly, milne and merkel all played 3rds. Fowler debuted in the seniors at 15 I am pretty sure too. Then guys like Yates, Maher, Bush have been at the club for 5 years or so.

Could anyone do that for yarra for a comparison?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back