Resource Noobermensch's Player Compilation Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon Darcy Wilson will shine at the Combine, looks a hell of an athlete. Has the footy ability to go with it too.

The way Joel Freijah moves and his body/posture reminds me of Marlion Pickett.
Freijah reminds me a lot of Nic Martin. He's very outside, plays wing, tall and rangey, fantastic decision making and kicking to advantage.

I've got the BOG Freijah game incoming. Its impressive.

Joel Freijah's player of the week performance in round 4 of the Talent League vs the Stingrays.

Just love that his natural instincts are to assertively attack the game and take the damaging option. Decision making and kicking to advantage are standouts. Only criticism is that his work around stoppages is pretty average to my eyes. Lacks natural craft, seems to float around waiting for something to happen, but then not everyone has to be a clearance beast.

A pair of quiet performances in the Academy game for two guys projected as top 5 picks in Ashton Moir and Zane Duursma.

Zane was the more disappointing of the two. Moir worked hard all game and applied a ton of forward line pressure, he just had one of those games where the ball didn't bounce his way and he miss judged some high balls. Zane Duursma was practically anonymous, although he did kick a nice running goal.

I had intended to do a video for Daniel Curtin as well, but he just wasn't involved enough to make it worth while.

Two of the more impressive efforts from the Academy game.

Darcy Wilson worked up and down the wing all game. Great tank and able to find space in a game where that wasn't easy.

Nathan Philactides, started hot in Q1. Showcased his rebound and run off the back line.

Isaac Kako, Mo Taha and Ryan Eyre for the Cannons if you want mate

bloody ripper effort though
For you mr Yoda, and for the blitzers as well. I'm cheating a bit here as this was a huge blowout against inferior opponents so both Taha and Kako had an absolute day out.

For you mr Yoda, and for the blitzers as well. I'm cheating a bit here as this was a huge blowout against inferior opponents so both Taha and Kako had an absolute day out.

They don't usually dominate that hard in the CTL, NT are just super weak, but guys like Naim, Tahz and Kako fed on their dying corpse that game

Compilation of Daniel Curtin’s dominating performance on the weekend.

With the qualifiers that its only one game, and its WAFL Colts not seniors… this was the most impressive individual performance I’ve seen from this years crop to date. Moved onto the ball for the first time this season, it took him a quarter to find his feet, but then for the last 3/4’s of the game it felt like every single stoppage he got first hands on the footy or tackled the opponent who did. His combination of stoppage work, size (195cm) agility to evade traffic, and excellent kicking skills were really something to see.

Compilation of Daniel Curtin’s dominating performance on the weekend.

With the qualifiers that its only one game, and its WAFL Colts not seniors… this was the most impressive individual performance I’ve seen from this years crop to date. Moved onto the ball for the first time this season, it took him a quarter to find his feet, but then for the last 3/4’s of the game it felt like every single stoppage he got first hands on the footy or tackled the opponent who did. His combination of stoppage work, size (195cm) agility to evade traffic, and excellent kicking skills were really something to see.

I watched the first half of this game the other day to see Curtin play mid. Really didn't need to because you have done all the hard work right here!

Agree he was slow to start but definitely built into it in the 2nd quarter. Intriguing prospect

Rocking the best mullet in the business, here's Koltyn Tholstrup playing WAFL seniors for Subiaco.

Reminds me a lot of Cam Zurhaar. Mid sized forward who’s never met a contest he didn’t want to smash into full force.

Rocking the best mullet in the business, here's Koltyn Tholstrup playing WAFL seniors for Subiaco.

Reminds me a lot of Cam Zurhaar. Mid sized forward who’s never met a contest he didn’t want to smash into full force.

You’ve basically compared Tholstrup to a Staffy.

A tornado made out of bricks.

Tholstrup doesn’t look like a 1st rounder to me. Yet to see any signs of real class from him, and it's not like he is a great athlete either.

Tholstrup doesn’t look like a 1st rounder to me. Yet to see any signs of real class from him, and it's not like he is a great athlete either.
Surely he gets into the first round on the strength of that mullet alone??

Mitchell Edwards with a huge performance for Peel Thunder in the WAFL Colts against Swan Districts.
17 disposals
7 marks
47 hit outs

Certified long boi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clay Hall looks like he'll be a player who will be really highly rated by Bigfooty folk (190cm inside mid omg!), but not rated as highly by recruiters imo.

Lacks a bit of hurt factor and class, and looks a bit limited athletically.

Mitch Edwards though....huge upside

Last edited:
If I may make a request mate, I'd like people to see a package of Subiaco midfielder Oscar Dees (number 22), who picked up 24, 28 and 12 disposals in the first three games before rejoining Scotch College in the PSA.

The reason why I ask is that he, in my view, was an obvious selection candidate for WA 18's this year...yet he isn't in the squad.

Maybe some other posters here can watch a package and figure out why.

What I see is a very composed inside extractor, who makes good things happen when he get's the ball.

I reckon it's players like that who could do with some exposure. The other 24 players on either side of him in the WA 2005 DOB list made the squad. How is it that one player is so misplaced?

Last edited:
If I may make a request mate, I'd like people to see a package of Subiaco midfielder Oscar Dees (number 22), who picked up 24, 28 and 12 disposals in the first three games before rejoining Scotch College in the PSA.

The reason why I ask is that he, in my view, was an obvious selection candidate for WA 18's this year...yet he isn't in the squad.

Maybe some other posters here can watch a package and figure out why.

What I see is a very composed inside extractor, who makes good things happen when he get's the ball.

I reckon it's players like that who could do with some exposure. The other 24 players on either side of him in the WA 2005 DOB list made the squad. How is it that one player is so misplaced?
I'm probably going to be prioritising making vids from the Academy game for the next couple of days, but I'll get something done on Oscar Dees early next week for you.

First video from today's AFL Acadamy game vs Carlton VFL - who else but Harley Reid!

Opinions may vary but I thought he was excellent. Clean, relatively neat with his disposal, and took the game on to generate run for his team. One big highlight was him going back with the flight and doing a Jonathan Brown attempt.

Zane Duursma from the AFL Academy game yesterday.

Didn't get a heap of it, but did some nice things.

This thread is brilliant!
Any chance of Will McCabe’s game for SA U/18’s vs Swans/Giants academy?
Only saw the last half but he was dominanting.
Cheers

This thread is brilliant!
Any chance of Will McCabe’s game for SA U/18’s vs Swans/Giants academy?
Only saw the last half but he was dominanting.
Cheers
I'm happy to do any game if there's available coverage. I assume there's a replay of that game on the AFL site somewhere?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back