Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

if the right deal came up for us - is Grundy worth giving a crack at all?
My view would be no.

Grundy's a ruckman, and only a ruckman: as Demons found, not a forward of any nature. Therefore, he cannot co-exist with Briggs.

So, us getting him would screw over Briggs who's younger and home-grown; and honestly, he's almost been the find of the year (along side Toby Bedford). I just could only see negative things coming from it.

If Flynn goes, we just need to look at what our backup-ruck situation is.

My view would be no.

Grundy's a ruckman, and only a ruckman: as Demons found, not a forward of any nature. Therefore, he cannot co-exist with Briggs.

So, us getting him would screw over Briggs who's younger and home-grown; and honestly, he's almost been the find of the year (along side Toby Bedford). I just could only see negative things coming from it.

If Flynn goes, we just need to look at what our backup-ruck situation is.
I doubt we lose Flynn

I think there's a huge chance we do.

Usual ruck merry-go-round, and since he's UFA, he won't cost any side a pick.

It will be a case if he's only going to be #2 in another side, that he might stay here. If a club offers him a #1 ruck role, I suspect he jumps at that.
Yes, exactly, and I don’t think he’s shown enough to be 1st ruck on a full-time basis yet … so he stays and builds another couple of years playing a few games a year for us

I think there's a huge chance we do.

Usual ruck merry-go-round, and since he's UFA, he won't cost any side a pick.

It will be a case if he's only going to be #2 in another side, that he might stay here. If a club offers him a #1 ruck role, I suspect he jumps at that.
He'd have to be a Port Adelaide candidate given his UFA status.

Edit: I take that back, seems like they're sweet on Sweet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson Hately delisted. Geez, what a poor decision that was to head back to Adelaide. He was going ok at the Giants.

Last edited:
You want to talk about officiating, have a look at this first quarter of the Carlton v Brisbane Prelim. Lions being absolutely reamed, particularly by our old mate VFL Stevic.
They could still win this but gee Brisbane are the closest thing to flat track bullies we have in the AFL atm.
Don’t want to put pressure on first and foremost. If your captain is Zorko it’s no real surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back