Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Better to has issues at this time of the year than later towards the finals …I’m not completely sold on Syd just yet
True. People overreact to form fluctuations at this stage. You just need to be in the pack and I'd say when Collingwood win that top 8 will be that pack. But yeah my point was that we might be seeing Geelong aren't that great, but are the teams ranked 2-8 really much better? Of course the myopic focus will always be contained to our own form. I like to have a wider lens.

True. People overreact to form fluctuations at this stage. You just need to be in the pack and I'd say when Collingwood win that top 8 will be that pack. But yeah my point was that we might be seeing Geelong aren't that great, but are the teams ranked 2-8 really much better? Of course the myopic focus will always be contained to our own form. I like to have a wider lens.
We had a similar period in 2022 which gives me a bit of pause to ask if we have really do have issues…as you said form will fluctuate at times and really if we apply our results to that of the rest of the league with a 14 points loss total while sitting second on the latter im not too concerned tbh

Things will change if we have a bunch of losses in a row but when was the last time the cats lost 4 in row? At best we win the next two weeks at worse we lose one more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back