Workshop Non-Footy Designs - A No-Guernsey Area

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, because I'd love to s**t myself constantly when I find a Redback on my $20.
A $20 note is nicknamed a redback though...

Surprised there's no pineapple on the $50 tbh...

92934e7b8710c6ce08bbd15072c48b66

d398a8bafeb70ed9bf1680f59847650d
Can't wait for something like this to happen when Australia becomes a republic

Before the NHL's Minnesota North Stars moved to Dallas, they were strongly considering an alternate uniform set inspired by their then-division's rough and tumble reputation (such that the Norris Division, which they were a member of, was nicknamed the Black & Blue Division). The plan had been to have two black-heavy sets as alternates to their normal, mainly kelly green uniforms, but the NHL told them they couldn't do that, so the North Stars mothballed the designs, but would switch to mainly black uniforms a few years later. Somebody at CCSLC posted a picture of a young Mike Modano with the unused uniform's mockup in the background, and I decided I wanted to see what they'd look like with numbers...
northstarsset.png

...and then I decided I wanted to see what using two-tone green would look like...
northstarsset3.png

northstarsset4.png

northstarsset5.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few years ago, I'd taken apart the Chicago Cubs' walking bear logo and put it together as a standing version holding a bat, a modernization of something they'd used back in the 1910s and 1930s. Decided to tweak it for a full uniform set this time...(edited because I disliked my initial effort at lettering and decided to change it)
cubs16main_1.png

cubs16alt1_1.png

...and having seen people suggest they replace red with brown, I figured I'd see what that'd look like.
cubsbrown16main_1.png

cubsbrown16alt_1.png

...and while I was at it, give sky blue and maroon a shot.
cubsmaroon16main_1.png

cubsmaroon16alt_1.png

Last edited:
ccD1TCY.png

2017-18 home kit concept for the Nix. Since we lost our Stripey kit for this season (and now next season), 2017-18 should make up for the lack-of stripes :) AND HAVE THE A-LEAGUE BADGE ON THE SLEEVES.
Yes, I know the adidas stripes will be on the sides after next season, but meh.

ccD1TCY.png

2017-18 home kit concept for the Nix. Since we lost our Stripey kit for this season (and now next season), 2017-18 should make up for the lack-of stripes :) AND HAVE THE A-LEAGUE BADGE ON THE SLEEVES.
Yes, I know the adidas stripes will be on the sides after next season, but meh.

I like it.
For the away they should lighten up the yellow and shade the black

Damn, this thread's been dormant since April? Huh. In any case, I've been sitting on this for a while, and I'd honestly have preferred to have a few more soccer concepts ready before I released this, but somebody's gotta see it, so I give you Sheffield Wednesday...I borrowed the second logo from here, thought it looked interesting. The home shirt's stripes varied in width because why not, and the dashed bands on the change have the third dash contrasting from the rest, denoting Wednesday as usually seen on European calendars. May as well note that I made this before I found out they'd gone back to an older crest (or that the English leagues were changing their logos)
sheffieldwednesdaykit.png

I've also had some interesting hockey designs in the last month, if I do say so myself, and I'd kicked things off with the NY Islanders. They used to have a patch of four stripes on one shoulder, representing their Stanley Cup wins, and the sleeve stripes are intended to bring them back (and also put them back in navy blue rather than their current royal to differentiate them from the rival Rangers)...the alternate incorporates the four stripes as well, in a more overt manner, so overt I decided against using a proper crest :D
Back to the main jerseys, you might be wondering why the hem stripes don't match the sleeve stripes...short answer, the first draft did, but a number of people thought it was overkill, and wanted to see the sock stripes there instead.
islandersset2.png

islandersalt1.png

Last post before I step away for the moment...the NHL's surviving "Expansion Six" (LA Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars) are celebrating their 50th anniversaries, and IRL the Pens are celebrating by reverting to their old black & yellow uniforms, while the Flyers introduced a one-season only alternate with gold numbers. I figured I'd do some mixing and matching of eras to create four one-off uniforms for the Kings (and opponents). The end result was the LA Kings' 50th Anniversary Series:
Their original striping, but in their 1990s color scheme & crest (vs. the San Jose Sharks...who I've dressed using the last sweater style of the California Golden Seals, the lone Expansion Six team that's no longer with us. Strange, long story where they moved to Cleveland, then merged with the North Stars...and still later, may or may not have been reborn as the Sharks)
kings50thseries70s.png

Kings' 1980s design, but using their 2000s colors and logo (vs. the Vancouver Canucks, in a white/blue/green remake of their infamous Big V uniforms worn early in the 1980s)
kings50thseries80s.png

Kings' Gretzky-era design...but in their original purple & gold scheme, the crest here is also their original crest (vs. the Anaheim Ducks...you may have heard of a jersey they once had that had their mascot breaking out of ice. I have a higher opinion of it than most do...but I decided against that direction precisely because that's what you'd probably have expected ;) this here is their late 90s alt design, in the current colors)
lakings50thseries90s.png

Finally, their early 2000s design, but in silver, with a black yoke trimmed in purple and gold, and using the "Burger King" from their own ugly & short lived alternate as the crest (vs. the Arizona Coyotes, in what is essentially a simplified version of their original primary jerseys...I didn't think I was up to replicating the Kachina striping)
lakings50thseries2k.png

Staying on the ice, in a similar vein to the Isles set, I'd later made one for the Buffalo Sabres.
bufsabresset2.png

bufsabresalt2.png

The alternate is one of those love it-or-hate it deals I specialize in, and I got a request to make an Ottawa Senators version. By my own admission, I'm not a huge fan of the Sens' O, but it was probably the best crest for this.
senatorsalt16.png

I'll admit, I was intrigued enough with the request that I decided to make a Florida Panthers version.
flapanthersalt16.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back