No Oppo Supporters Non Bulldog Footy Talk - Bulldogs only - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve just not been able to lure anyone decent there with their cap space and now have the worst performed mature players in the comp. McDonald and Simpkin just give them nothing.
You don’t consider Jared Polec a big fish?

Seriously pulling that trade off and getting Jasper Pittard as the steak knives was a masterclass in list management we other small clubs could learn from.

You don’t consider Jared Polec a big fish?

Seriously pulling that trade off and getting Jasper Pittard as the steak knives was a masterclass in list management we other small clubs could learn from.

How many flags for us if we could pull off something like the Polec/Pittard/Tarryn Thomas summer of 2018?

If the AFL throw more picks at North I’ll be ropable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's always interesting to me that they'll sling North some assistance but at the other end of the scale, Geelong's continued dominance save for last year (which was just to throw people off the scent) is fine.

Bowes, Cameron, Bruhn, Henry and all the other cosy little deals (and how they can keep everyone) just waved through. 🤔

And their opponents rarely are.

It’s so frustrating, I feel like they get really lucky with teams butchering opportunities when they play them. Probably credit due to them somehow but I don’t know how they hex opposition forwards to kick the ball poorly.
be interesting to see where their oppos take the majority of their shots from

It's always interesting to me that they'll sling North some assistance but at the other end of the scale, Geelong's continued dominance save for last year (which was just to throw people off the scent) is fine.

Bowes, Cameron, Bruhn, Henry and all the other cosy little deals (and how they can keep everyone) just waved through. 🤔

Maybe (okay, definitely) it's because I hate Geelong, but there is something NQR about Geelong's continued success with a bunch of players in their mid thirties and others that always seem to be considerably better than they should be. I'd like to know what their secret sauce is.

Bowes, Cameron, Bruhn, Henry and all the other cosy little deals (and how they can keep everyone) just waved through.

Would be amusing if they were ever found to have accounting irregularities wouldn’t it?!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many flags for us if we could pull off something like the Polec/Pittard/Tarryn Thomas summer of 2018?
If only. We put ourselves right in the mix with the Rawlings/Street/Koops/Morgan/Veale off-season. Stunned that didn’t net us a flag but footy’s a funny game like that.

Maybe (okay, definitely) it's because I hate Geelong, but there is something NQR about Geelong's continued success with a bunch of players in their mid thirties and others that always seem to be considerably better than they should be. I'd like to know what their secret sauce is.

Brown paper bags a big part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There should be zero concern that we made the wrong move letting Lewis Young go.

It’s a conundrum isn’t it.

Geelong or Carlton. Ugh.

Sometimes it’s just better to watch neutrally without hoping either of them win.
I can’t stand Geelong for obvious reasons, but have found myself barracking for them in this one. They are so well coached & everyone knows their role & plays it (that’s not a comment on anyone else by the way). I suffered so much as a young footy fan watching the Cats beat the Dogs in every final, having all my mates as Cats fans. But, the Blues just suck in all ways. There is nothing redeemable about them except for the supporter that used to give such great info.

Also, how good is it that Norf are even worse?

Carlton fans on twitter were talking about how amazing it would be after they win this week that they’d be flag favourites…they are about to end the round sixth on the ladder.

Same with Lipinski. They both still have the same issues, not awful players but never going to be top players that will make us look silly

Yeah, players like Lippa and Lewie will always have the same flaws as players that hold them back that they'd always had while playing for us.

Is it wrong that I’m starting to like Jeremy Cameron? I mean, he did help us make the GF in 16.

Lachie Sullivan to debut for Collingwood this weekend.
Good on him.
We can always argue whether we should have drafted him ourselves but that's ancient history now and no longer relevant.

The important thing to note here is that players who come to Footscray VFL for a second shot at the big time do often get drafted. Just that it's not always by the WB.

So hopefully we'll keep attracting them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back