Opinion Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fairly obvious that they're going to pick the Devils as a nickname and wear predominately green, right? It's essentially the same scenario the Crows found themselves in when they picked a very similar nickname and colours to the state team. Creating a state team feel should help ease the whole Hobart v Launceston thing too. How could any young Taswegian not get behind a team that looks very similar to their state team/s and plays in both Hobart & Launceston? I'd imagine they'll also play home games in other parts in Tassie during the preseason.

It's fairly obvious that they're going to pick the Devils as a nickname and wear predominately green, right? It's essentially the same scenario the Crows found themselves in when they picked a very similar nickname and colours to the state team. Creating a state team feel should help ease the whole Hobart v Launceston thing too. How could any young Taswegian not get behind a team that looks very similar to their state team/s and plays in both Hobart & Launceston? I'd imagine they'll also play home games in other parts in Tassie during the preseason.
Yes, it was never going to be anything else. The third ground (used for some pre-season, AFLW, VFL games) will be Dial Park in Penguin. Then there’ll be a decent facility and presence in all three regions of the state.

Funny they mentioned they looked at community forums. Big footy I recon.
They might be referring to the community engagement events led by Jack Riewoldt. After the online survey was done, they ran a series of events in 9 communities across Tasmania to hear about the footy clubs and stories from each community and collect further ideas.

I'd be shocked if it wasn't the Devils, however uninspired it may be

I'd be shocked if it wasn't the Devils, however uninspired it may be

Uninspired? WTF does that mean?
Would you rather something gripping like Blues, or Giants, or Suns?
'Devils' is THE most identifiable name associated with Tasmania, not just in OZ, but AROUND THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!
Next question pleeeease. ;)

Uninspired? WTF does that mean?
Would you rather something gripping like Blues, or Giants, or Suns?
'Devils' is THE most identifiable name associated with Tasmania, not just in OZ, but AROUND THE WHOLE WORLD!!!!
Next question pleeeease. ;)
Tasmanian Tiger would be more identifiable around the world than devils.

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back