Opinion Nickname

Remove this Banner Ad

There shouldn’t be a public vote. If you give people a chance to troll, then they will, and the stupid turbo chooks will probably get up haha. Remember that British ship that was dubbed “Boaty McBoat face” by the general public.
And the poll run in Darwin asking the public what they should call the NT if it became a state...the winner was Death Star...!

It's ridiculous that they took the name for their character from one of our states iconic animals and now we are they ones that have to pay to use it.
What a twisted world we live in.
What came first? South Sydney Rabbitohs or Bugs Bunny?

Who should be suing who?

Sylvester the cat and Felix the cat become cats and may do double lawsuits against Geelong Cats.

Who owns the Heckel n Jeckel brand? Crows could be in trouble.

Did Frosty the Tiger come before Richmond used Tigers. Kellogg’s can come knockin…

Paddle Pop?

Are Harvey Comics still around? Hot Stuff Demons.

Who owns Skippy?

Roger Moore is dead… but who has the rights for the Saint? (Actually this is the only one that probably breaches copyright infringement of the Saints logo in the 70’s).

Green Giant corn…

….explain this joke pls

(I was unironically endorsing the nickname ‘Tassie Maps’ before being clued on..)

I can't on here, but you're more than welcome to have a Google. It's a wild ride.

The Maps one is funny, but I assume it's also a dying joke considering social beauty standards of the past 25 odd years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devils is the oh-so-obvious choice. Not saying it isn't the right choice but maybe there are other options that I'm just not aware of. I certainly don't like intangibles like the Blues or Power... give me a proper mascot.

Is there any news coming out yet re consultation on the name and jumper?

I'm probably less interested in the outcome and more interested in how they engage the community to come up with them.

I'm probably less interested in the outcome and more interested in how they engage the community to come up with them.
Yes. In November there was a public survey emailed out to all people who had registered as Believers. The survey was all about the identity and values that Tasmanians think should be associated with their footy club.

Throughout December and January, Jack Riewoldt has been hosting public forums in footy communities all over the state to hear about the history of each community and their unique footy stories.

Data from the survey and forums is being collated and it will be used by the board to determine the name, colours, guernsey etc. all of this is going to be revealed at the club’s official launch in early March.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back