List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Why couldn't the club follow the Bombers lead and publish the relevant ages, NGA eligibility and F'S's in the pipeline?...

ACCELERATION GROUP​

NAMEAGE AT END OF 2023PARENTS/GUARDIAN/NGA
Carlos Egan19NGA
Ayui Makieng19NGA
Reuben Rode19NGA
Matthew Foley19NGA
Luca Alessio19Steve Alessio
Amin Naim18NGA
Mahmoud Taha18NGA
Shane Clough18NGA
Will Hamilton18Paul Hamilton
Luke Barnard18Paul Barnard
Ryan Eyre18NGA
Noah Caracella17Blake Caracella
Jayden Ngyuen17NGA
Khalil Kaakour17NGA
Isaac Kako17NGA
Alex Alessio17Steve Alessio
Adam Sweid16NGA
Divjot Singh16NGA
Huss ElAchkar16NGA
Tristan Leeds16NGA

FLIGHT SQUAD​

Alijah Davey16Alwyn Davey
Mara Lovett-Murray15Nathan Lovett-Murray
Aidan Ramanauskas15Adam Ramanauskas
Logan Daniher15Chris Daniher
Taj McPhee15Adam McPhee
Koby Bewick14Darren Bewick
William Hird14James Hird
Max Alessio14Steve Alessio
Thomas Caracella14Blake Caracella
Taitum Dempsey13Courtney Dempsey
Cove McPhee13Adam McPhee
Lucas Ramanauskas13Adam Ramanauskas
Rylan Johnson12Mark Johnson
Noah Peverill12Damien Peverill

BABY BOMBERS (BOYS)​

Jacob Lloyd11Matthew Lloyd
Lenny Solomon11Dean Solomon
Cruz Davey10Alwyn Davey
Connor Stanton10Brent Stanton
Harlan Ryder10Patrick Ryder
Edward Mercuri9Mark Mercuri
Bohdi McPhee9Adam McPhee
Aidan Stanton8Brent Stanton
Henri Mercuri7Mark Mercuri
Mekhi Dempsey7Courtney Dempsey
William Howlett7Ben Howlett
Joshua Ramanauskas6Adam Ramanauskas
Roman Hocking3Heath Hocking
Wolf Watson3Jobe Watson

Is that best practice?

Or is it ****ed?

I tend to agree

I mean, if the kids are good enough, they're gonna have enough pressure on them -

What if they don't want to be footy players? Why would you be listing the 3 year olds?
We've got a list on here because it's no secret that these kids exist. It's not complete and isn't fully accurate. The club having a list is better

We've got a list on here because it's no secret that these kids exist. It's not complete and isn't fully accurate. The club having a list is better

yeah but this is a nuffy footy message board - anyone outside of this nuffyness is going to be ignorant to that list

publishing it on their website is going to be exposing to quite a few more people

I mean, sure, it's not like they are shooting bambi, but I think it's a bit much - atleast wait til they are old enough to be joining in on the academy training if they've shown interest/potential

I tend to agree

I mean, if the kids are good enough, they're gonna have enough pressure on them -

What if they don't want to be footy players? Why would you be listing the 3 year olds?
I heard that Wolf Watson was training the house down already, looks like a great prospect.

And I suppose you already knew he was actually showing promise on the football field?
Nope... I leave watching the juniors to others. I'm just responsible for maintaining the board's list of eligible fathers & sons, and even then I don't attempt to track those eligible through SANFL clubs.

It's missing players who are eligible via the SANFL rule, and those whose eligibility year changed as a result of the AFL shifting the cut-off date for eligibility. I'm reasonably sure we've got most (if not all) of the eligible sons listed.

... It's the best I can do, given the information available to me.

yeah but this is a nuffy footy message board - anyone outside of this nuffyness is going to be ignorant to that list

publishing it on their website is going to be exposing to quite a few more people

I mean, sure, it's not like they are shooting bambi, but I think it's a bit much - atleast wait til they are old enough to be joining in on the academy training if they've shown interest/potential

They could hide the page away and not promote it so only the nuffs know it's there

The club doesn't even have an internal list given that they didn't realise Max Michalanney was eligible originally
I'm sure the club has a list of AFL father/sons, but identifying all the potential SANFL father/ sons would be tricky. Jim Michalanney remarried and had a 2nd family relatively late in life so his boys slipped under the radar cos I'm sure no one was considering players from that far back.

The club doesn't even have an internal list given that they didn't realise Max Michalanney was eligible originally
images
yikes

I'm sure the club has a list of AFL father/sons, but identifying all the potential SANFL father/ sons would be tricky. Jim Michalanney remarried and had a 2nd family relatively late in life so his boys slipped under the radar cos I'm sure no one was considering players from that far back.
Well, it's their job. We're a professional football club

Well, it's their job. We're a professional football club
Well it's not like there would be a ready resource they could access to find out. Personal details like children are just that, personal.
Fairly reasonable to assume most men in their mid 60s+ won't have teenage children. However, I'm sure they do keep track of former AFC players who met the 100 game qualifier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's not like there would be a ready resource they could access to find out. Personal details like children are just that, personal.
Fairly reasonable to assume most men in their mid 60s+ won't have teenage children. However, I'm sure they do keep track of former AFC players who met the 100 game qualifier.
It would be a project to outsource

Would be exceptionally easy, albeit time consuming.

It's a dotting the i's thing
A bit like the rules themselves back in the day that we agreed to without really digging into the impact

A bit like the rules themselves back in the day that we agreed to without really digging into the impact
Can't see ex Crows player father/son's falling thru any cracks .....however, I can certainly understand Michalanney falling thru ....SANFL player, late life baby on 2nd marriage ect

Although you might have thought some ex Norwood team mates ...or Michalanney himself might have alerted the Club

That said, he was known in his Draft Year

Can't see ex Crows player father/son's falling thru any cracks .....however, I can certainly understand Michalanney falling thru ....SANFL player, late life baby on 2nd marriage ect

Although you might have thought some ex Norwood team mates ...or Michalanney himself might have alerted the Club

I suspect/hope that was the case.

What’s that, Skip?

Our father/son eligibility rules will have a black hole between when SANFL games played stop being tallied and our AFL team has actually played 100 games, therefore created even the possibility of any player notching 100 on their own?

Sounds good to me - where do I sign?!

What’s that, Skip?

Our father/son eligibility rules will have a black hole between when SANFL games played stop being tallied and our AFL team has actually played 100 games, therefore created even the possibility of any player notching 100 on their own?

Sounds good to me - where do I sign?!
Fixing this hole was one of the recommendations of the AFL's Father/Son review, following the Bryce Gibbs debacle. It would have made Gibbs eligible as an Adelaide F/S.

In true AFL form, the AFL chose to completely ignore the recommendation, giving us the Grandfather Rule instead.

Instead of addressing the 4-5 year black hole, during which it was impossible for any player to qualify for F/S status, either through the SANFL or AFL rules, they removed the 20-year window for the SANFL player eligibility. This meant that players who started their careers before 1971 were now eligible under the F/S rule, but by that time these players were more likely to have grandsons looking to get drafted (hence the Grandfather Rule). The number of F/S players who became eligible as a result of the Grandfather Rule: 0.

Here's an AFC media release from when the AFL announced the rule change:
Crows miss out in father/son changes

I remember the discussion started on here with someone suggesting Max might be a father son. At one point I emailed the club asking if he was but got no reply. A couple of months later the club had an article about potential father son Max.

Drawing up a list of qualifying SANFL fathers shouldn't be too hard, but what children they have and continue to be born going forward? Less straight forward, particularly when there isn't a direct link of those people to the club. How long/ often do you contact people and ask if they have had anymore kids. Youd probably need to rely on individuals letting the club know if they have kids and are playing footy.if they choose not to that would be their choice, Easier with ex AFC players cos there would already be connections.

Are you saying the club was lying / bending the truth in this article Crows welcome sons of greats to West Lakes

where they pump themselves up about Max and father son:

Crows Academies manager Jarrod Meers said this activation highlighted the significance the Club put on its Father/Son program.

“Many would have seen over recent times that we have placed a significant focus on bolstering strong Father-Son tradition and Crow Academies activations,” Meers said.

“We see this as an extremely important part of the Adelaide Football Club and the continuation of building the history of the Crows.”

This group of Father/Son prospects follows a successful period in the blossoming program, which helped Max Michalanney be drafted to the Club and Tyler Welsh be signed as a SANFL player in his draft year.

Are you saying the club was lying / bending the truth in this article Crows welcome sons of greats to West Lakes

Crows Academies manager Jarrod Meers said this activation highlighted the significance the Club put on its Father/Son program.

“Many would have seen over recent times that we have placed a significant focus on bolstering strong Father-Son tradition and Crow Academies activations,” Meers said.

“We see this as an extremely important part of the Adelaide Football Club and the continuation of building the history of the Crows.”

This group of Father/Son prospects follows a successful period in the blossoming program, which helped Max Michalanney be drafted to the Club and Tyler Welsh be signed as a SANFL player in his draft year.

Max was part of the program.

I'm not saying anything.

It's known to everyone that the club had no idea and that the fish jumped right into the boat. All's well that ends well.

Jim has two children from his first marriage and three boys, including Max, from his second.

He has asked Max if he feels a bit funny having a dad who is a bit older, but his son is not fazed.

“I love footy, I love watching him,” Jim says.

“I’m grateful that I’ve got these boys as an older parent, it’s kept me a lot younger and interested in footy and what they do.

“It’s just worked out that he falls into that (pre-1991 eligibility) category, which is good.”

Max adds: “To me he’s just a normal dad.”

“I’m thankful to have him supporting all my games. No one says anything.”

Max joined the Crows’ academy this year after player manager Peter Rohde alerted the club to his eligibility.

Thanks Peter Rhode

Tregenza played some games for Glenelg under 16’s last year getting in the best players for a few games Not sure how good he is and where he plays but would assume if like dad would be a midfielder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back