NFNL 2024 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

North lose their 3rd game at home.

Must have had a dozen out
I think Nth have been over rated……..I thought they would be better….In reality though, it’s a one horse again.

Great win for Mont they were in total control - Holmes & Brown in the same team adds a lot.
Heatley has been kicking bags against weaker sides but only the 1 goal
Mont will be there as always and Nth will be in the top 5 simply because the drop off is that significant
Someone posted the other day that DIV1 standard/class has dropped - couldnt agree more
I said that but agree with the reply, the points system has an effect on that. You can’t just go an pick up 10 players in an off season anymore.

I dont reckon the Slime will make the 5 - Their next 3 weeks will tell.
For me Bergs, Mont, bridges, yules and Nth - Just an opinion
They have Hurstbridge, Mont, Macleod and West in the next 4 weeks. They win 2 of them easily.
North have Eltham, Banyule, Hurstbridge and Heidelberg in the next 4 weeks. If they don’t pull there finger out it could be season over or close to it in 4 weeks time.

North won’t play finals. Too undisciplined and based off enough evidence now i don’t think they are good enough.

I respect you putting a big call out after round 6, most sitting on the fence. It would be probably the biggest failure in the last 3-4 seasons of div 1 if they didn’t make finals.

I think they have too many good footballers to miss. The answer will be there in 3 weeks. Eltham, Bridges, Yules before we hit halfway. 6-3 and the top 3 is alive and noise is gone.
Go 4-5 and they will have to scrap to finish in the 5.

I respect you putting a big call out after round 6, most sitting on the fence. It would be probably the biggest failure in the last 3-4 seasons of div 1 if they didn’t make finals.

I think they have too many good footballers to miss. The answer will be there in 3 weeks. Eltham, Bridges, Yules before we hit halfway. 6-3 and the top 3 is alive and noise is gone.
Way to early to be writing off the dogs, could easily be the type of team who get on a roll and win the last 10 games.

northen depth may be the doggies biggest issue, another 7 goal lose in the 2’s and only the one win for the season over a terrible Bundoora side.
Definitely not writing them off but if they finish 4th or 5th can’t see them winning the flag

northen depth may be the doggies biggest issue, another 7 goal lose in the 2’s and only the one win for the season over a terrible Bundoora side.
Definitely not writing them off but if they finish 4th or 5th can’t see them winning the flag

True, reserves have been poor. I think the big part about this season is north is behind the eight ball but is anyone ready to pencil another team or two to take hold of second + third spot and then go deep in finals. Banyule great start to this year, Faulted in 2nd half of last year though. Mont will be around the mark (serious finals demons though which even the most Loyal mont follower know they exist.) Bridges looking solid but only 1 feature on the big stage last year was met with a 10 goal defeat. Any scars from that? And then Greensborough who credit due started well, but suddenly looking a bit Shaky. Not convinced anyone outside of the tigers is running on all cylinders. As much as the perception is, standard has dropped. 2nd - 6th is an absolute lottery which is a good thing.

I think anyone who checks Live scores on a Saturday would see most games are well and truly alive up until 3/4, early into the 4th. Bridges/macleod the only game I can recall that was lights out at quarter time.

Look in the Southern/Eastern leagues- 15 goal results everywhere.

EDFL premier on the weekend- 1ST V 2ND-
146-13!

Think the north League going alright

Last edited:
Curiosity got the better of me. Had to look it up.

60 + point wins through the first 6 rounds of each Premier divisions

ESSENDON DISTRICT- 8
EASTERN- 8
SOUTHERN- 13 (5 of them 100+ points)
NFL- 3

Fixture plays a little part of course but still paints a picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Curiosity got the better of me. Had to look it up.

60 + point wins through the first 6 rounds of each Premier divisions

ESSENDON DISTRICT- 8
EASTERN- 8
SOUTHERN- 13 (5 of them 100+ points)
NFL- 3

Fixture plays a little part of course but still paints a picture.
how many 60+ point wins against teams that aren't currently sitting last?

bloody hell it's hard watching highlights of west preston v bundoora. both teams white with a blue V and west preston's blue shorts half the time look like bundoora's navy at the bottom of their jumper.

bloody hell it's hard watching highlights of west preston v bundoora. both teams white with a blue V and west preston's blue shorts half the time look like bundoora's navy at the bottom of their jumper.
One of the things the VAFA do at the start of every season is produce a list of all clubs, and who they clash with. Then there's no decisions to be made of who does what. They're the rules and you can plan the clashes out a long time in advance. Granted they have a lot more clubs and divisions but it's a system that seems to work well.
Might be something for the NFNL to have a look at, as it wouldn't take too long in each grade I wouldn't think.

Every local footy league should do something similar - it's very common to see clashes, and even worse when you're trying to watch the video footage.

(Sometimes it might be as simple as the home team wear white shorts, and the away team black shorts, but I'm sure some old timers may struggle to get their heads around that)

Every local footy league should do something similar - it's very common to see clashes, and even worse when you're trying to watch the video footage.

(Sometimes it might be as simple as the home team wear white shorts, and the away team black shorts, but I'm sure some old timers may struggle to get their heads around that)
That’s exactly what should happen half the time. If a home team has a predominant white jumper, then wear white shorts. The West vs Bundoora game is the perfect example. West wear white and Bundoora blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back