List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs should tee up a sponsorship deal with happy socks for some extra merchandise income. Roll those pink bad boys out for a one off game.

2024 Players

WESTERN JETS

#18​

Robbie Cockerell​

Height: 185cm
Weight: 66kg
D.O.B: 12-06-2006

WESTERN JETS

#21​

Isaac Abbay​

Height: 189cm
Weight:
D.O.B: 17-12-2006

SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS
Riley Collins
Height: 178cm

Weight:

D.O.B: 26-03-2006

Anyone of interest for us in this NT SoO game on Kayo? I assume the VIC team is made up of kids from Vic academies?
Watching the game now
So far Chatfield and Scoble are two player linked to us

2024 Players

WESTERN JETS

#18​

Robbie Cockerell​

Height: 185cm
Weight: 66kg
D.O.B: 12-06-2006

WESTERN JETS

#21​

Isaac Abbay​

Height: 189cm
Weight:
D.O.B: 17-12-2006

SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS
Riley Collins
Height: 178cm

Weight:

D.O.B: 26-03-2006

Who do you think is draftable if any at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who do you think is draftable if any at this stage?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
ATM
Collins is the best chance to get drafted as a small forward role, cracked the dragons side this year which was stacked with talent

Isaac generally plays as ruck and is pretty raw
Haven't seen enough footage of Cockerell to judge yet

ATM
Collins is the best chance to get drafted as a small forward role, cracked the dragons side this year which was stacked with talent

Isaac generally plays as ruck and is pretty raw
Haven't seen enough footage of Cockerell to judge yet
How do we have a dragons player in our nga?

I know the NGA has benefitted us due to a bit of luck, but it seems we put some of the most effort/money into it too IMO. So is it all luck?

I’m all for both the academies to have no restrictions. I mean what it’s a couple of players every year who go top if that. McKenzie & Sanders top 10 over the last two years. Big deal.

It gives clubs incentive to develop the juniors more, it gives fans something to get excited about knowing you’ve got a player pre draft and every player loves it and wants to go to the club they’ve spent their juniors with. It’s a good thing for footy.

Fix the bidding/points BS so teams are paying somewhat market value and then no dramas if you can match at pick 1. Pay up for it.

It’s literally that simple but anyway

I know the NGA has benefitted us due to a bit of luck, but it seems we put some of the most effort/money into it too IMO. So is it all luck?

I’m all for both the academies to have no restrictions. I mean what it’s a couple of players every year who go top if that. McKenzie & Sanders top 10 over the last two years. Big deal.

It gives clubs incentive to develop the juniors more, it gives fans something to get excited about knowing you’ve got a player pre draft and every player loves it and wants to go to the club they’ve spent their juniors with. It’s a good thing for footy.

Fix the bidding/points BS so teams are paying somewhat market value and then no dramas if you can match at pick 1. Pay up for it.

Agreed
The points system should be changed and the discount should drop from 20% to 10%

And/or allow player trades on draft day so if a player is taken, you can trade for them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably need some tightening of the eligibility too. North didn't even know Sanders was meant to be part of their academy right? If they'd got him it would have been pretty farcical. But if clubs genuinely put in the work to bring in and develop more AFL players that does in turn at least strengthen the competition

Probably need some tightening of the eligibility too. North didn't even know Sanders was meant to be part of their academy right? If they'd got him it would have been pretty farcical. But if clubs genuinely put in the work to bring in and develop more AFL players that does in turn at least strengthen the competition
I don't think that's quite how it plays out.

We have non eligible players playing in our development teams to help get enough numbers and I don't think players need to prove their indigenous heritage to be included.

I believe Sanders played in their NGA teams the issue was just around him proving his indigenous heritage to be eligible to be drafted to their NGA

We were lucky/smart in obtaining the region that we did for our NGA. Some teams have sections of the NT as part of their zones so running programs in those areas is a challenge.
It was honestly just such a half baked idea when it was introduced and the constant changing of the rules just highlights it.

Ideally the NGA ruling should be changing to North Academy ruling
So we get access to any player of any ethnicity in our zone :p
They really are going to have to change the Northern Academies soon. They have done a good job but the amount of talent that Gold Coast and Brisbane are getting priority access to at the moment will eventually unbalance the competition far more than it already is.

I don't think that's quite how it plays out.

We have non eligible players playing in our development teams to help get enough numbers and I don't think players need to prove their indigenous heritage to be included.

I believe Sanders played in their NGA teams the issue was just around him proving his indigenous heritage to be eligible to be drafted to their NGA
So he was part of the program as a 'top up' of sorts and they then later found out he had indigenous heritage? Right that makes a bit more sense.

They really are going to have to change the Northern Academies soon. They have done a good job but the amount of talent that Gold Coast and Brisbane are getting priority access to at the moment will eventually unbalance the competition far more than it already is.

The problem with this is, that if we don't have the northern academies then a lot of those players will be lost to NRL and other sports. You need to look at the bigger picture.

So he was part of the program as a 'top up' of sorts and they then later found out he had indigenous heritage? Right that makes a bit more sense.
It's also possible that they knew his heritage but had never got the documents to prove it. Don't know the exact details.

Sanders was part of North Academy for about 4 years I believe

It is probably operating as intended.

Whats our F/S crop looking like for the next year or two?
Next year (2024) we don't have any top talent
2025 is the big big year for us based off what I have seen in the academy games

So fully expect dogs to get future picks next year

Next year (2024) we don't have any top talent
2025 is the big big year for us based off what I have seen in the academy games

So fully expect dogs to get future picks next year
Short of pushing out Bailey Smith or some other big name how do we load up on future picks next year? We've already run down our draft assets for 2024 to get Sanders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back