List Mgmt. Next Generation Academy List

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on this, what’s the go with Geelong supporters, whinging and moaning about Marra, did they have him in their academy or something at one stage?
He lived in a south west vic coastal town which instantly equates to Geelong is his home town even if it’s 200km away from his actual hometown.

If changes do ago ahead regarding the tier system that was proposed then that bodes well for us landing Kobe Williams if he nominates us instead of Hawks as he has been in our academy for awhile it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just on this, what’s the go with Geelong supporters, whinging and moaning about Marra, did they have him in their academy or something at one stage?
Geelong thinks they own the South west. They play AFLW games in Warrnambool and have a Pre-Season training camp down here too. This is what I don’t understand about supporters wanting to give up games in Ballarat, other clubs are actively working in our backyard and people want us to do less for our Next Generation Academy area.

It appears to be a complete fallacy based on him attending a few clinics as a 12 year old.

The NGA zones were announced in February 2016, which included the Warnambool region for us. Jamarra was 13 at the time of this announcement, and my understanding is that he was part of our development squad from early on. There was no such thing as any zones or academies prior to 2016 under which Geelong would have had claims to him (mind you as someone younger than 13 years old even if they did somehow have it) or the region.

Geelong fans point towards some podcast (below, 12 minute mark) where Matthew Stokes was whinging about him being taken off them because he was supposedly being involved in their "aboriginal programs since he was about 12" (i.e. 1 year before the zones were announced, and whatever these programs were they never had anything to do with any bidding rights). The article I linked further down mentions Stokes himself only met him when he was 15 years old so I would guess he is talking out of his arse, purely because Geelong for some reason feel entitled to all of western Victoria.

A interesting little note

Generally

AFL website releases the NGA pool for it's year well before May

So wonder if things are changing for the NGA this year since they haven't released the data yet

Remove this Banner Ad

Back