Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

A "dont upset Zach Wilson incase hes our future" move if ive ever seen one. Newsflash guys, he isn't your future. The two positions biting the Jets on the ass for not addressing were the same ones as last year. QB and oline. Yes they addressed QB, but not getting a competent backup in was still terrible. Zach needed to be QB3 if he was going to remain on the roster and have a redshirt year. I said all offseason that I thought the oline will have the Jets not meeting expectations this year (even with Rodgers)

Zach sucks, but I think Hackett sucks even more. Wouldnt have a job if not for Rodgers wanting his friend in New York. Who would have guessed run run pass on 3rd and 8 wasn't going to trouble Belichick last week? Game went exactly how you would have pictured pre game.

53 mins ago

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini says that New York Jets head coach Robert Saleh is walking a slippery slope when it comes to backing struggling quarterback Zach Wilson because he risks losing the locker room. There are already rumblings of unrest in the Jets locker room, mainly with members of their strong defense. With Wilson struggling mightily in his third year, tension is building in Gang Green's locker room. The Jets signed veteran Trevor Siemian to their practice squad on Tuesday, but he's far from the solution with future Hall of Famer Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) done for the year. Perhaps the Jets will attempt to trade for someone like Vikings QB Kirk Cousins this fall. For now, New York is rolling with Wilson as the starter for another game in Week 4 against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday Night

Football.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller
Source: ESPN New York - Rich Cimin

At this stage may as well tank the year and aim for one of the QBs in the 2024 draft.

The members of the "strong defense" may want to check their form in the last couple of games - nothing to write home about.

Nah, we've done this enough times, there's no tanking atm.

Talk to em after we get spanked by the Chiefs in primetime next week but it's too early int he season to be thinking about that.

Talk to em after we get spanked by the Chiefs in primetime next week but it's too early int he season to be thinking about that.
The reddit NYJets forum is interesting.

Half want to tank..half want to walk away after a lifetime of disappointment.

One of the funny ones is a guy who got pulled up by a cop
In NJ last week and the officer said “ jets fan hey…Rogers injury is a tragic thing. You’ve got enough problems..I’ll let you off with a warning “ lol

I don't really think there's much choice, we're gonna suck anyway. May as well suck enough to get one of the QBs in what is supposedly a QB heavy draft.

We will get smashed by KC, if we lose to Denver the tank is on.

I can see three potential wins the rest of the year, Denver, Giants and Raiders. Is it worth winning a couple more meaningless games and miss out on a QB in the draft. That's exactly what happened last time when we beat the Rams and Browns in the last 2 games a d ended up with Zach Wilson instead of Trevor Lawrence. I don't really see another option or any point to winning 2 or 3 more games.

I don't really think there's much choice, we're gonna suck anyway. May as well suck enough to get one of the QBs in what is supposedly a QB heavy draft.

We will get smashed by KC, if we lose to Denver the tank is on.

I can see three potential wins the rest of the year, Denver, Giants and Raiders. Is it worth winning a couple more meaningless games and miss out on a QB in the draft. That's exactly what happened last time when we beat the Rams and Browns in the last 2 games a d ended up with Zach Wilson instead of Trevor Lawrence. I don't really see another option or any point to winning 2 or 3 more games.
The fans can endure a tank a thon…I worry important stars of the team crack the shits and want to get out of the Jets circus after this season.

The belief in an AR resurrection akin to Jesus Christ Himself
will be the key.

That’s a lot of games to grind through in misery while dreaming of february 2024 Aaron

Cant stop laughing at the thumbnail to this video

maxresdefault.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) said Tuesday in his appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he's "well ahead of the normal protocols" and remains optimistic that he'll be able to return to action before the conclusion of the 2023 season, Rich Cimini of ESPN.com reports. "There's nothing normal about how I'm attacking this rehab," Rodgers said. "The common practice is about six weeks in a boot, and I was in a shoe in 13 days."

In addition to recovering from the surgery he underwent three weeks ago on his ruptured left Achilles' tendon, Rodgers disclosed Tuesday that he's also dealing with a deltoid issue, which he presumably sustained when he injured the Achilles just four snaps into his Jets debut in the Week 1 win over the Bills. Rodgers is wearing a brace to protect the deltoid, but he otherwise looks to already be making strong progress in his recovery from Achilles surgery, as Cimini notes that the quarterback was "walking briskly" with the aid of crutches prior to this past Sunday's loss to the Chiefs. Rodgers will move his rehab to California for the next two weeks before rejoining the Jets following their Week 7 bye, but the 39-year-old is still facing an uphill battle to play again this season, even if New York qualifies for the playoffs and makes a deep run. A typical recovery from an Achilles' tendon tear is 6-to-9 months, and while Rodgers is optimistic he'll be able to beat that timeline, even a four-month recovery would keep him out until mid-January.

Vera Tucker out for the season.... the hits keep coming :(
That's a very tough blow, losing one of your best O-linemen. The only thing to remember is that injuries plague every team in the NFL, and all of us will lose some of our best players as the season goes along. There's plenty of hope for you yet. :)

I may be a Dolphins fan but I'm really enjoying the little renaissance that the Jets seem to have going on this year. Zach Wilson has definitely made a few strides in the off-season, and your defense on a good day is a match for any team in the NFL. Jets fans have waited a long time to have a team that gives them a bit of hope on Sundays, and I love seeing it!

That's a very tough blow, losing one of your best O-linemen. The only thing to remember is that injuries plague every team in the NFL, and all of us will lose some of our best players as the season goes along. There's plenty of hope for you yet. :)

I may be a Dolphins fan but I'm really enjoying the little renaissance that the Jets seem to have going on this year. Zach Wilson has definitely made a few strides in the off-season, and your defense on a good day is a match for any team in the NFL. Jets fans have waited a long time to have a team that gives them a bit of hope on Sundays, and I love seeing it!

Has felt like the same thing the past few seasons, off season hope then injuries ruin everything.

I've been really impressed with Zach over the last few weeks. Not necessarily for his play, which still isn't great (although it's improving), but for his mental resilience and fortitude. He's been on the receiving end of an incredible amount of hostility and criticism, and you would have to be a very strong person to put up with all of that, and keep on doing your job and improving. I hope he's enjoying proving all the naysayers wrong!

I hope you're enjoying the victories too. The Jets are a fun team to watch again, win or lose. :)

Simms throwing it out there that he doesn't know if he could tell Zach to sit if the Jets are a playoff team when Rodgers is ready to return is borderline insane.

I'm happy for Zach too that the team is winning but come on man 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

Back