Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

3-3 after that start is immense. We would've been happy with that if Rodgers had been playing.

Next 3 are Giants, Chargers and Raiders so hopefully we can go 2-1 before a couple of tough games @ Buffalo and vs Miami.
It’s frustrating to try and block out the “ what if AR never got injured “ thoughts vs the current run of reasonably good form. Not to mention the endless Rogers updates on how quick his recovery is going and fantasies about a January return.

It’s a roller coaster of emotions following this team.

Jets fan are tortured week after week while screaming at the tv lol

Michael Carter cut... I know hes had some drops but this feels like a bit of a scapegoat move to try and prove they are holding people accountable to the masses.

Lazard, Cobb and Cook would have been the first three on my chopping block. We all know Lazard and Cobb are only untouchable coz they are Rodgers buddies and Cook only survives coz the front office was dumb enough to pay him what they did and it would be a declaration that they ****ed up.

Lets not mention Hackett. The Bills moved on from their OC, Todd Downing is on the Jets staff and hes called plays before. Rodgers buddy though so Hackett is also untouchable. smh.

Anyway, should mean Abanikanda gets some snaps this week at least.

Last edited:

Thank god that's over but are Boyle/Siemian really going to be better? Obviously you can't plan around Rodgers only playing 4 minutes this season but they needed a competent backup going in and even after the injury they didn't do anything make changes. Another debacle of a season for the same old Jets.

I can't watch this s**t anymore, the offense has been non-existent since the Philly game. It's excruciating trying to watch, I'm just hoping they invest in the Oline over the offseason (it's been an issue since the Sanchez days) and Garret Wilson/Breece Hall/Sauce Gardner don't start demanding trades.

I can't watch this s**t anymore, the offense has been non-existent since the Philly game. It's excruciating trying to watch, I'm just hoping they invest in the Oline over the offseason (it's been an issue since the Sanchez days) and Garret Wilson/Breece Hall/Sauce Gardner don't start demanding trades.
Garrett Wilson has regressed, he's dropping easy catches now.

He's playing injured (made him throw a week or so ago with an injured elbow wtf) but also probably playing with little enthusiasm seeing what a shitshow the offense is. Half the time he's probably not expecting the ball to be delivered correctly so has to be on his toes in case the ball sails over his head, sideways etc. Put him on a competent team and he would excel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont believe this too be the case, trying to hard to make something happen coz the play calling and QB play is so bad. Hall the same.

Hall can't be expected to do anything with this line. There are no holes for him to have any chance.

Yeah, Garrett Wilson has the injury issue but he hasn't been great for the last few weeks

It's all due to Hackett. His offense at the Broncos did the same to Russ Wilson and all the other skill positions.
Hackett may not be great but I think it's a stretch to say it's all due to him. Zach Wilson sucks. Tim Boyle sucks. Out Oline sucks. Most of our receivers are average or past it. We give up way too many penalties on offense. Not much Hackett can do about any of that.

Hackett may not be great but I think it's a stretch to say it's all due to him. Zach Wilson sucks. Tim Boyle sucks. Out Oline sucks. Most of our receivers are average or past it. We give up way too many penalties on offense. Not much Hackett can do about any of that.

I dont think its a stretch, you look at Russ this year and the end of last year when he wasn't under Hackett, its night and day.

I dont think its a stretch, you look at Russ this year and the end of last year when he wasn't under Hackett, its night and day.
So a new offensive coach would fix our problems? We weren't much better last year under LaFleur, in fact we were worse. As crap as he is Hackett has the highest winning percentage of any offensive co-ordinator in the last 7 seasons.

This.

Not much can be done when the O-Line is turnstile

So a new offensive coach would fix our problems? We weren't much better last year under LaFleur, in fact we were worse. As crap as he is Hackett has the highest winning percentage of any offensive co-ordinator in the last 7 seasons.

I could look good calling plays with Rodgers as my QB.

Youre missing the point. Denver's offense improved the moment he was fired during the season with the same personnel , and has improved again this year with the same personnel.

He has the worst 3rd down % in over 50 years. A lot of bad teams QBs have sucked just as much as Wilson in that time.

Last edited:
Hackett is an unimaginative playcaller and coordinator. Zach is a terrible QB, but he looked best when he was playing in a hurry-up style where he could move around the pocket a bit more than usual and didn't have to think about the play he was attempting to execute. But Hackett seems allergic to the concept of play-action to try to get the defence to move. The Jets offence is highly static and is built around a pocket passer, like Rodgers.

Hackett loves his patented hand-off to Breece on first down and run into a stacked box, so we're looking at 2nd and long most plays.

YearTeamOverall offence (Pts)Rushing offence (yds/TDs)Passing offence (yds/TDs/INTs)
2013Buffalo22nd2nd/10th28th/30th/16th
2014Buffalo18th25th/27th18th/15th/13th
2016Jacksonville25th22nd/29th20th/16th/22nd
2017Jacksonville5th1st/2nd17th/20th/16th
2018Jacksonville31st19th/30th26th/30th/18th
2019Green Bay15th15th/7th17th/14th/1st
2020Green Bay1st8th/15th9th/1st/1st
2021Green Bay10th18th/21st8th/4th/1st
2022Denver32nd21st/28th19th/23rd/22nd
2023*Jets30th27th/30th31st/31st/21st

Looking at that table (ranks courtesy of Pro Football Reference), there are a couple of outliers. The first was when he was OC in Jacksonville back in 2017 when Leonard Fournette (in his rookie season) rushed for 1040 yards on 268 attempts. Less than a year later, the Jaguars fired him.

Then he hooked up with a HoF quarterback in Green Bay and, with Rodgers under centre, coordianted an offence that was the best overall offence in 2020 (by points scored).

Since then, the offences that he coordinated (as head coach in Denver, and as OC in New York) have been putrid. Russell Wilson is not the guy he was back in Seattle, but he's still a reasonably competent QB. Zach is a downright terrible QB, but under Mike LaFleur, the Jets did have a better than terrible offence when it was anyone other than Zach as QB (Mike White and Joe Flacco). Watching the Black Friday game against the Dolphins, Tim Boyle was a disaster running the offence that he learned while backing up Rodgers at Green Bay.

There are a lot of problems on the Jets currently, and Hackett is a major problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back