Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Douglas and Saleh are on the hot seat if they miss playoffs, notwithstanding that Douglas signed a six year contract to become the Jets' GM in 2019. Would be 12 years since the Jets last made the playoffs. Going all-in on Rodgers was clearly an attempt by the Jets to get to the promised land. I haven't really spent much of the NFL off-season taking the temperature of expectations around the Jets season, but before Rodgers tore his Achilles, I suspect that the Jets were targeting the AFC Championship game as the bare minimum for this season. The chances of that happening with Zach as the QB are significantly reduced, even if he absorbed some lessons from backing up Rodgers in pre-season.

The Jets need to add a QB to the roster, because Wilson is one bad play away from going on the IL himself, and then we're down to Tim Boyle, who is a career 54% passer. The Jets need to work out who is available and at what price, then worry about Rodgers' ego later.

Jets QB Aaron Rodgers says, “The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise yet again” in Instagram post.

Rodgers stated his appreciation for “support and love” on his Instagram page after suffering an Achilles tear. His comments can be interpreted as a desire to return to the field after recovery in 2024. Rodgers is 39 years old and under contract for the Jets through 2025.

Jets QB Aaron Rodgers says, “The night is darkest before the dawn. And I shall rise yet again” in Instagram post.

Rodgers stated his appreciation for “support and love” on his Instagram page after suffering an Achilles tear. His comments can be interpreted as a desire to return to the field after recovery in 2024. Rodgers is 39 years old and under contract for the Jets through 2025.

He’ll be back running 9 to 10 months. The rest will do him good.

He’ll be livid at that misfortune and will be keen to return to his beloved new home at Greenland.

I mean ..what else is he going to do. Clearly he has no thoughts of retirement. He’ll be back. At least it’s not an ACL.

Meanwhile…I’ve been watching a lot of Wilson college play.
The kid can play for sure.

Why does he struggle at NFL level?

I think it’s just about more experience. He’ll come good…probably.

He’ll be livid at that misfortune and will be keen to return to his beloved new home at Greenland.

I mean ..what else is he going to do. Clearly he has no thoughts of retirement. He’ll be back. At least it’s not an ACL.

If Rodgers is able to still help with play-calling this season for Wilson I’m sure he’ll be better than last year

I'm sure having some protection upfront would help. Same reason Darnold "saw ghosts" and every other qb struggles here. They're constantly running for their lives.

If Rodgers is able to still help with play-calling this season for Wilson I’m sure he’ll be better than last year
It’s a very good point. Rogers up above in a box on the mic giving split second calls as his experienced eye sees it.

Don’t think it’s been done before..

I'm sure having some protection upfront would help. Same reason Darnold "saw ghosts" and every other qb struggles here. They're constantly running for their lives.
Yes …reminds me of how it should be and all those Patriots games where the Great Wall of NE would arc around Brady and he’d bounce around on the spot for an eternity just sizing up which option was better than the other good one.

Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) implied Friday during his appearance on "The Pat McAfee Show" that he intends to return to the field for the Jets in 2024, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports. "Give me the doubts...give me the things that you think can should or will happen. All I need is that one little extra percent of inspiration. That's all I need," Rodgers said.

Before the Jets acquired him from the Packers in April, Rodgers famously took his time earlier in the offseason to decide whether he wanted to continue his playing career in 2023. Rodgers ultimately opted against retirement in order to play a 19th NFL season, only for it to end after just four snaps Monday, when he suffered a torn Achilles' tendon in his Jets debut in the team's 22-16 overtime win over the Bills. Per Rapoport, Rodgers told McAfee that he experienced "a lot of sadness, a lot of tears" as a result of the significant injury, but he had surgery Wednesday and now appears to be committed to attacking his rehab with the intention of being ready for the 2024 season. Though he'll turn 40 years old in December and will be working his way back from major surgery, Rodgers seems optimistic that he's capable of returning to top form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Zach was ok, certainly not the car crash he was in some games last year. A couple of missed passes yeah and one bad INT late but overall he was making some plays and the drive before halftime he was very good, using his feet. Could've easily got spooked after the early sack by Parsons but he just kept plugging away. Some really nice passes into tight windows as well.

Our Oline is a nightmare and I thought our defense was bad. Had Sauce taken that dropped pick to the house and we go up 14-10 who knows what happens? Why didn't we move Sauce onto Lamb when he was absolutely torching us early? Dak and Lamb just had their way with the D in the first half.

It gives me confidence we can continue with Zach as starter for another week at least - the Pats should be gettable and if we get to 2-4 or 3-3 after 6 weeks the schedule opens up a bit.

I'm dumbfounded as to why they refused to use Breece Hall almost all game

Still limiting his reps with his knee, I think they will keep increasing them bit by bit each week. Hopefully a bit more against the Pats next week.

Well its not like the passing game was on point
I thought Wilson was OK. He got sacked on the first play then was decent for 3 quarters. Tried to force some throws in the last and got picked off but he was serviceable.

Yeah they should've used Hall more but also probably didn't want him getting Nick Chubb'd by the ferocious Dallas defence.

Another thing I'll add about Wilson, he seemed to be stepping up in the pocket more and he doesn't seem to be missing those wide open screen/lateral passes. He was unlucky to have his hand hit when trying to throw the TD pass to a wide open Garrett Wilson plus a couple of other passes which weren't thrown on a dime but were close enough that the receiver could've made the play.

Overall he seems to have a bit more confidence. Is he the answer long term? Probably not but he might be ok as the starter this year, certainly a better option than Colt McCoy or Chad Henne. Then again no-one thought Geno Smith would end up a competent starter either so who knows.

I keep thinking we hit a new low but today was a new one. That was just 3 hours of pain. At least it was the one 3am game this year done.

Convinced I'll be dead by the time we beat the pat again.

We'll see how the week goes as far as Zach goes but Saleh in the press conference sounded deranged regarding Zach

I keep thinking we hit a new low but today was a new one. That was just 3 hours of pain. At least it was the one 3am game this year done.

Convinced I'll be dead by the time we beat the pat again.

We'll see how the week goes as far as Zach goes but Saleh in the press conference sounded deranged regarding Zach
In the darkest hours …

They just have to admit we have no QB and we’re actually lucky spudly Zach can walk out and at least just run around throwing balls to the ground.
It’s time for drastic action. And you can’t rely on the miracle resurrection of Azza. We need a replacement…anyone.

Cause Wilson is a deer in the headlights boy and an unfortunate pick who just can’t handle the big league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back