New style now available for preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watched threads on that board perhaps, the ones with red exclamation marks are unread?
Didn't look like it to me. They were definitely from my watched boards, but the threads were not watched. Its gone now though so thats good. :D

Didn't look like it to me. They were definitely from my watched boards, but the threads were not watched. Its gone now though so thats good. :D

Its the new feature that shows your watched threads and boards.

It will be back and will be a convenience.

Is it possible then to make an easier way of unwatching loads of threads, without unwatching all of them? Like a way to do all the threads in a particular sub-forum or something. I can imagine some users will have never cleaned theirs out and will still be subscribed to every thread they ever posted in.

I always use the normal format, but for a couple of minutes this afternoon, it showed up as the new format all by itself. I thought my computer was broken but it changed back by itself. Any reason for this ??

We didn't change the default so, not sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems to be back now. I have zero interest in super coach, fantasy football, rugby league or the cricket board though. I don't mind the idea of trending topics, but can they be a bit more personalised, like most-liked posts from the last week on boards you watch, or something?

Also the way it abbreviates thread titles is a bit confusing, some threads have very similar titles on different boards, and I would hate for someone to have both the Sydney and Essendon EF threads watched, for example, and accidentally post something completely inappropriate on our board thinking they were on Sydney's.

Is it possible then to make an easier way of unwatching loads of threads, without unwatching all of them? Like a way to do all the threads in a particular sub-forum or something. I can imagine some users will have never cleaned theirs out and will still be subscribed to every thread they ever posted in.
If you go into your watched threads section there's a link right at the bottom that shows you every thread you're currently watching with a check box to the left of the title. Hit the check box for all threads you no longer want to watch, and at the bottom of that page with be a drop box where you can select "stop watching these threads". Works the same for the watched boards section also.

If you go into your watched threads section there's a link right at the bottom that shows you every thread you're currently watching with a check box to the left of the title. Hit the check box for all threads you no longer want to watch, and at the bottom of that page with be a drop box where you can select "stop watching these threads". Works the same for the watched boards section also.
It takes time, I usually do that every couple of weeks and I have about 5 pages of watched ones by that point. For people that don't clear them out I expect there'd be a lot more of them, especially if you're active on the mainboard where there are always new threads (on the Essendon board we have ongoing player threads so you don't end up watching five different threads about the same player).

Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (10).png

It takes time, I usually do that every couple of weeks and I have about 5 pages of watched ones by that point. For people that don't clear them out I expect there'd be a lot more of them, especially if you're active on the mainboard where there are always new threads (on the Essendon board we have ongoing player threads so you don't end up watching five different threads about the same player).
Mine gets jammed up with weekly FJGD threads I forget to unwatch. It happens.

Not a huge fan of the circles. Thoughts on no border radius on the avatars? Chief
QOM0KO1.png

Seems to be back now. I have zero interest in super coach, fantasy football, rugby league or the cricket board though. I don't mind the idea of trending topics, but can they be a bit more personalised, like most-liked posts from the last week on boards you watch, or something?

Also the way it abbreviates thread titles is a bit confusing, some threads have very similar titles on different boards, and I would hate for someone to have both the Sydney and Essendon EF threads watched, for example, and accidentally post something completely inappropriate on our board thinking they were on Sydney's.
There will be a section for the topical stuff I pick.

After that will be threads and boards you are watching that have had recent activity. This is a double-up on alerts, but presented in a simpler form.

Regarding most liked stuff, we ran into some memory issues with the way we were doing the most liked widget that used to be on the Forum List.

Next week the new ferret will review what we have and think of ways to improve it, if at all possible.

What we have now (and only mods can see the extra stuff on threads and forums) is just an activity indicator separate from alerts. Namely, which threads and boards in your watch lists have had activity recently. As I said above.

Regarding most liked stuff, we ran into some memory issues with the way we were doing the most liked widget that used to be on the Forum List.

Next week the new ferret will review what we have and think of ways to improve it, if at all possible.

What we have now (and only mods can see the extra stuff on threads and forums) is just an activity indicator separate from alerts. Namely, which threads and boards in your watch lists have had activity recently. As I said above.
I like it generally. Is it possible to put the topical stuff on one line and the stuff based on watched forums/threads on a separate one? I've culled some of my watched forums, I used to use them as quicklinks but they're annoying coming up there when I read them irregularly. Just takes some time to adjust to it that's all.

I like it generally. Is it possible to put the topical stuff on one line and the stuff based on watched forums/threads on a separate one? I've culled some of my watched forums, I used to use them as quicklinks but they're annoying coming up there when I read them irregularly. Just takes some time to adjust to it that's all.
You can ignore the links in that bar, of course.

We will also work on user options to hide the bar alerts.

I'm still trying to work it out - you are culling your watch list simply because you don't like seeing those alerts?

BTW the icon links to watched Forums and Watched Threads.
watched-threads.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back