News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont think hell hold a spot with As many as 5 changes to the 22 this weekend but was more than worthwhile to give him a taste when the opportunity was there, will be a good player as he gets more footy behind him in the level below.

Something that might be a weird fluke or nerves settling but his kicking action became progressively lower and more direct within the match.
His stab kick is miles better than his general kick, longer the game went the less he seemed to do that awkward looking bomb

Dont think hell hold a spot with As many as 5 changes to the 22 this weekend but was more than worthwhile to give him a taste when the opportunity was there, will be a good player as he gets more footy behind him in the level below.
5 changes?
I’ve only heard 2 possibly 3
Bowes, Rohan and the possible is Dangerfield

5 changes? There's only Rohan, Bowes and maybe Dangerfield. Bruhn and Blitz may also be carrying injuries

Sav out SDK back brings Rohan in
I would drop Parfitt ahead of Mullin to bring Bowes in.

Dangerfield comes in and there's no outs then I would still play him ahead of Bews at this point who looks like he needs a spell. Tuohy also looking very tired but if probably holds his spot.

Favourite part is at 3:10. Opposition player had him cold - he had no right to just waltz away like he did. Unreal agility/speed.
Liked that, for sure. Also liked the smile after making space and shooting on goal. Sure, it didn't go through for a major. But you could just see his genuine enjoyment of the game and the contest. I do enjoy watching players who don't take themselves too seriously.

Overall, though, that is an impressive set of highlights for a first-gamer. And a seriously staggering set of highlights for a player who started playing the game this year, and has a handful of games at any level under his belt. His talent, dash, poise and hardness look likely to form a very potent combination.

#daicosindeed

If Oisin was still in Ireland, he would have played for Mayo against the reigning all-Ireland champions, Kerry, the week before last.
The guy that scores the goal @ 04:20 would probably torch him in a straight-line race.
Mayo have a habit of producing seriously fast attacking defenders (if you're looking for more... ;)).

Kerry v Mayo Highlights

Torch him?

Big call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Torch him?

Big call.
Torch him is maybe a bit OTT.
However, having watched both of them for a few years now, if somebody asked me who Mayo's fastest player was, I wouldn't even hesitate to say Eoghan McLaughlin.
Despite that, I would argue that Oisin's functional speed for field sports, i.e. short burst acceleration, turnover recovery, rapid changes in direction etc., is better, and he's also more agile overall.
Top end speed though, definitely McLaughlin.

However, having watched both of them for a few years now, if somebody asked me who Mayo's fastest player was, I wouldn't even hesitate to say Eoghan McLaughlin.
Despite that, I would argue that Oisin's functional speed for field sports, i.e. short burst acceleration, turnover recovery, rapid changes in direction etc., is better, and he's also more agile overall.
And Kane Tenace had a higher top end speed than Gary Ablett, I don't get your point? Easy to pluck out a player and say they are faster.

Don't give a tinkers about who is the fastest. Who is the best footballer is what's relevant and Oisin's recent awards answer that.

Don't give a tinkers about who is the fastest. Who is the best footballer is what's relevant and Oisin's recent awards answer that.
Sure, but the poster was literally just specifically talking about top speed. If you don't care about the topic don't shoot down the conversation

Wish the young man well in his second game in the 1’s.
Well I wish him well in the sixth game of his career. Imagine what he'll be like when he hits double-digits

If he is that fast, and a similar size to OM then one would think the recruiters would be all over him.

If speed and size were the only attributes required recruiting would look very different

My post was not intended to convey that it was the only attributes for success... only that they are potentially key inputs that recruiters would be looking for... along with many others. As I posted earlier in the thread, recruiters are over looking at potential...and it would be a good start to look for speed and size to give a trial to. He may or may not have the other elements required... for a start id think there would be several players that just would not want to move from their home..

Something the club put out a few days ago...

That move where he puts on the burst, spins and grabs the ball for a shot on goal...

That s**t is sublime and thats game 1

Lookout when he figures it all out.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back