Certified Legendary Thread Neale Daniher and the Big Freeze at the G #freezemnd

Remove this Banner Ad

db5fcdb13b5421593c76cd12d0005229.jpg

This is a serious issue, and has been very well done by N. Daniher and I hope it is succesful.

But deep down I see it as a blight on Australia that we still need to use gimmicks to raise money for things that are actually meaningful.

I actually see it as the opposite. This is purely a vehicle that people could rally behind. And people, the footy family and beyond, have responded magnificently. especially for a disease that has such low awareness. A story as an example: A couple of years back, the government cut the money for research into neurological diseases, including MND. The very next week a show-boating Christopher Pyne took the Icebucket Challenge. Just shows you how low the awareness is. And it also shows you that for all the money that the Ice Bucket Challenge raised, not many people actually knew what it was for.

Neale's initiative has done two amazing things: in 3 weeks last years he raised $2.4 Million. That is staggering. The Cure for MND Foundation raised mroe than $4 Million dollars last year. That funded the two clinical trials in Australia.

The second amazing thing it's done is the whole general awareness of MND. The amount of free media and earned media he's generated has been staggering. And that is something which is extermely hard to generate and to keep going. MND is now on the map.

Lastly, if the federal government come to the party tomorrow, as is speculated, then the awareness that Cure for MND Foudnation and Neale have generated will have made the politicans stand-up and take notice.

I actually see it as the opposite. This is purely a vehicle that people could rally behind. And people, the footy family and beyond, have responded magnificently. especially for a disease that has such low awareness. A story as an example: A couple of years back, the government cut the money for research into neurological diseases, including MND. The very next week a show-boating Christopher Pyne took the Icebucket Challenge. Just shows you how low the awareness is. And it also shows you that for all the money that the Ice Bucket Challenge raised, not many people actually knew what it was for.

Neale's initiative has done two amazing things: in 3 weeks last years he raised $2.4 Million. That is staggering. The Cure for MND Foundation raised mroe than $4 Million dollars last year. That funded the two clinical trials in Australia.

The second amazing thing it's done is the whole general awareness of MND. The amount of free media and earned media he's generated has been staggering. And that is something which is extermely hard to generate and to keep going. MND is now on the map.

Lastly, if the federal government come to the party tomorrow, as is speculated, then the awareness that Cure for MND Foudnation and Neale have generated will have made the politicans stand-up and take notice.
Everything you said is accurate. But personally I just don't see why we have throw ice water on our heads for people to care or become aware of the issue. But that's all I will say I don't want to don't want to go on about one petty thing I don't like in an otherwise excellent cause to get behind.

Everything you said is accurate. But personally I just don't see why we have throw ice water on our heads for people to care or become aware of the issue. But that's all I will say I don't want to don't want to go on about one petty thing I don't like in an otherwise excellent cause to get behind.

I think though we actually need gimmicks to make us aware of things like this. We are being asked more and more for donations to medical issues. Breat Cancer, MND, Prostate Cancer, the McGrath Foundation etc etc. We are being pulled so many ways in regards to donations that I think people have to do a gimmick for people to get behind to attract the money.

I think though we actually need gimmicks to make us aware of things like this. We are being asked more and more for donations to medical issues. Breat Cancer, MND, Prostate Cancer, the McGrath Foundation etc etc. We are being pulled so many ways in regards to donations that I think people have to do a gimmick for people to get behind to attract the money.
I agree, that's my point. It seems we have to have one for people to take notice. And I've been thinking about it more and whilst I still don't like it, if it raises all that money and brings awareness to people who usually wouldn't care, I guess it has it's place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine how many kicks Danger would have got had he put his boots on the correct feet.
Yes he was on fire and seeing it 1st hand on Saturday Night only suspension will cost him the Brownlow and BTW good to see Levi Greenwood has done alot to improve your side

Remove this Banner Ad

Back