My First Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
this is my first mock draft ever so be kind
ROUND 1
1.David Swallow WA-Gold Coast
I belive this kid is the best player in the darft this year. The only player i see challange him for this mentle is Harley Bennell but this kid is ready now which is why hes number 1 in my eyes. he has exeptional pace he reminds me of a cross of Chris Judd and Joel Selwood i dont think he has a weakness he excells in pretty much at everything
the Gold Coast already have him on their list.
2.Harley Bennell-Gold Coast
I belive this kid is defintly a top two pick as this kid has just about everything you could ask for in a player he won the Larke Medal as the best player in the Nab AFL Under 18s Championships. This kid just ozes class he can play forward but would better suited to the midfield where he's pace will be more efective the kid plays a lot like Daniel Wells
3.Sam Day-Gold Coast
Sam Day is the best key position forward in the draft. Which is way he will be top 3. He is a key position forward who can take contested marks and is skillful on both sides of he's body he repersented South Australia at the under 18s Championships in 2010 some say plays like Nick Riewoldt for their sakes hope he kicks better.
4.Dyson Heppell-West Coast
West Coast will take this kid i belive.Dyson is a skillful left-footer medium defender/midfielder with a penetrating kick much in the style of Josh Drummond. Who is strong over head with clean hands. He won the MVP for Vic Country and was named All-Australian and joint winner of the Morris Medal.
5.Andrew Gaff-Brisbane Lions
Brisbane will be kicking them selfs that this kid is still available as he is a game breaker with good pace and endurance combination is to dream about was All-Australian team member in the 2010 Nab AFL Under 18s Championships where he averaged 27 disposals
6.Jered Polec-Richmond
I belive Richmond are all over this kid as Jared is a super quick left footer who excelled at the Nab AFL Under 18s Championships who has played senior football for Woodvile West Torrens who was All Australian this year
7.Shaun Atley-Gold Coast
Exceptional agile player with great speed and endurance who has a great athletic ability. Who was All-Australian in the 2010 Under-18s Championships where he averaged 19 disposals and six tackles.
8.Josh caddy-Essendon
I first thought Essendon would take smith but now i think about it i belive they will take Caddy becuse he just what they need a powerful player who wins clearances and contested marks who is a dangerous forward who averaged 24 possessions was All-Australian this year
9.Tom Lynch-Gold Coast
Tom is a strong marking forward with terrific workrate and ability at ground level. He was impressive for Vic Country in the Under-18s Championships where he averaged 13 disposals and four marks.
10.Daniel Gorringe-Gold Coast
Gorringe was the standout in terms of proformance across the Under-18s Carnival. He showed himself to be a thinking ruckman able to overcome his marginal lack of height (198cm) by leaping high and early and working on angles and he slotted the ball down a teammate's throat more often than any other bigman.
11.Brodie Smith-Gold Coast
Medium defender/midfielder with terrific speed-endurances combination. Powerful player who bursts from stopages and wins plenty of football. Stared at the Under-18s Championships with All-Australian Honours and averaged 22 disposals 5 clearances and 6 inside 50s.
12.Jed Lamb-Melbourne
Although a surprise to some I think he's just what Melbourne need a small forward to free up Bate to play midfield.
He is a clever small forward with clean hands overhead and at ground level and has good goal awareness. Supersmart goalkicker in all situations who is good on both sides of he's body: kicked 34 goals this year for Gipsland Power and Vic Country at the AFL Nab Under 18s Championships
13.Matthew Watson-Gold Coast
Matthew is the best key position defender in the draft and I think could play round two unless injured. He is a left-footed tall defender with a penetrating kick and is strong in the air. He composed with the ball in his hands. who had a consistent AFL Nab Under 18s Championships winning All-Australian honours and averaged 19 disposals and five marks
14.Ben Jacobs-Adelaide
I'm surprised this kid isn't talked about more as this kid is fantastic he could easly be top 10. Left footed medium defender who can play midfield or forward. Powerful type who kicks long and takes an excellent overhead mark. Can really find the football and was out standing at the Nab AFL Under-18s Championships winning All-Australian honours and averaging 29 disposals.
15.Patrick Mccarthy-Geelong
Pat is an athletic tall defender who can also play forward. He is a neat disposer of the football and profides good rebound from defence. He won All-Australian Under-18s Honours this year.
16.Scott Lycett-Port Adelaide
it's interesting to see this kid drop so far but I dont think the clubs above don't need ruckman. This kid is the second best ruckman in the Draft and as Port need a ruckman they will take him with a smile on their faces. He is a strong marking ruckman who is agile and super competitive. Team orientated player who impressed with South Australia in the AFL Nab Under 18s Championships
17.Isaac Smith-North Melbourne
North are warming to this 21 year-old half forward from their afffilate club North Ballarat. He can also play midfield.
18.Jack Darling-Carlton
Jack is a tall forward who seems to be sliding by the day but can't see him fall any lower as carlton will take him. He is super athletic who attacks the ball. He can also play midfield
19.Kieran Harper-Hawthorn
Very quick and skillful small-forward/midfielder player. With great goal sense. Can take a contested mark and impact a game. He kicked 7 goals at the Championships inculding 4 against WA.
20.Luke Parker-Fremantle
Hard running player who is strong overhead and around goal. Has elite endurance and is super competitive. Vic Country Rep at the 2010 Nab AFL Under-18s Championships, where he averaged 18 disposals and 3 clearances.
21.Seb Tape-Sydney
Seb is an tall athletic defender with excellent closing speed and competitive edge. He's very good one on one and below his knee's. He captained SA in the Nab AFL Under-18s Championships this year.
22.Mitch Wallis-Western Bulldogs
This kid could have easily been top 5 so the Bulldogs must be over the moon to get this as a father and son selection.
Mich has a great set of hands and work ethic. He reads the game extremely well and uses he's football smarts. He captained Vic Metro at the Nab AFL Under-18s Championships where he averaged 28 disposals before injury set
23.Reece Conca-Geelong
This kid is very verssatile who can play forward, midfield, or back. His ability to run and carry and football smarts were prominent in representing WA at the Under-18s Championships this year he averaged 18 disposals.
24.Patrick Karnezis-St Kilda
Tall forward who is well balanced and team focused, setting up many goals. Also a clever goal-kicker and has stronghands overhead. Vic Rep in 2010.
25.Josh Green-Brisbane Lions-
Voss loves his red heads and this kid is fantastic. Very quick and agile midfielder/forward who reads the game extremly well and wins contested football. He won Tasmania's most vauleable player at the 2010 Nab AFL Under-18s Championships and was All-Australian this year where he averaged 25 disposals.
26.Lucas Cook-West Coast
Lucas is a tall forward who reads the game well and has sure hands. He is a mobile player who can also go back and makes good decisions. He received Under-18s All-Australian Honours in 2010 and averaged 14 disposals and kicked 9 goals at the Under-18s Championships.
27.Joel Wilkinson-Brisbane Lions
Dashing medium defender with two years in the game. Coming from an athletics background to captain Queensland in this years Nab AFL Under-18s Championships. Workrate and pressure are very good.
28.Jamie Cripps-Westcoast
Medium defender with excellent speed who takes the game on. Uses the football well by foot and is sound defensively. Was an Under-18s representitive for WA averaging 14 disposals.
29.Jaydan Pitt-Richmond
Player with good reactive speed, agility and smart user of the football off both feet. Reads the ball of hands extremly well, All-Australian in the Nab AFL Under-18s in 2010 averaging 18 disposals and kicking 8 goals in the Championships.
30.Dion Prestia-Essendon
Powerful inside midfielder/forward although small he has excellent disposal skills and contested ball winning abillity averaged 28 disposals in the Tac Cup and represented Vic Metro in the 2010 Nab AFL Under-18s Championships until curtailed his Championships. He returned to his best form later in the season for the Cannons.
31.Warrick Andreoli-Brisbane lions
Extremly quick player who takes the game on and is a good user of the football on his preferred left side. Showed his talent with WA in 2010 Nab AFL Under-18s Championships where he averaged 15 disposals.
32.Billie Smedts-Melbourne
I think Melbourne take this kid to free up Jack Grimes to play a midfield role. Composed medium defender/forward who is strong overhead and very competitive. Extremly agile player who takes the game on. Was a Vic Country Under-18s rep in 2010. Playing 3 matches after returning from injury.
33.Ben Newton-Carlton
34.Mitch Hallahan-Port Adelaide
35.Blayne Wilson-Port Adelaide
36.Viv Miche-Geelong
37.Nathan Batley-Hawtorn
38.Tom Gordan-Gold Coast
39.Cameron Guthrie-Sydney
40.Thomas Libertore-Western Bulldogs
41.Ariel Stienberg-Carlton
42.David Kruez-St Kilda
43.Aaron Young-Fremantle
44.Luke Mitchell-Collingwood
45.George Horlin-Smith-Collingwood
46.Alex Fasolo-Richmond
47.Sam Crocker-Essendon
48.Callum Sinclair-Gold Coast
more to come

Good effort mate - give us some writeups on your thoughts.

I rate Brodie Smith as a potential top 6 pick and couldnt see him getting outside the top 10.

Youve floated Lamb up the order a little and I reckon Melbourne would be looking at this guy too. We need some tall midfielders and this guy is attacking and long kicking. Looks good.

A request to the moderators of the Draft forum.

Can you please start following the guidelines and begin to delete these cut and paste type mock/phantom drafts? What's the point? Any dipstick can cut and paste a list of players and ask "Discuss".

A request to the moderators of the Draft forum.

Can you please start following the guidelines and begin to delete these cut and paste type mock/phantom drafts? What's the point? Any dipstick can cut and paste a list of players and ask "Discuss".
All we've mandated is that they must be in the correct draft order and must contain a full 1st round as a minimum. There is currently no requirement for the selections to be accompanied by a discussion on the reasoning, though this is highly desirable.

Pick 9 for Brennan? Sounds like Guy McKenna has a touch of the Crazy Vossy's LOL. I guess they can afford to give up that pick as they have so many picks, in any normal trade week there is no way Brennan is worth pick 9.

Youve floated Lamb up the order a little and I reckon Melbourne would be looking at this guy too. We need some tall midfielders and this guy is attacking and long kicking. Looks good.
Shifter Sheehan was asked about Melbourne's pick 12 on AFL trade radio and even though he didn't have too much time to elaborate he did toss up Lamb as an option who can kick goals from both sides and has good height as a mid as you mentioned.

I tend to think that we could do with a player who can kick those type of goals (the ones that seem assy) but are on a consistent basis by talented players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shifter Sheehan was asked about Melbourne's pick 12 on AFL trade radio and even though he didn't have too much time to elaborate he did toss up Lamb as an option who can kick goals from both sides and has good height as a mid as you mentioned.

I tend to think that we could do with a player who can kick those type of goals (the ones that seem assy) but are on a consistent basis by talented players.

Yeh a tall ball carrying mid would be my preference if we cant find a tall.

We have some great mids - but no real line breakers or ball carriers except for maybe Bennell and Blease (who both still have a way to go).

We're not too tall across the middle either really.

Who else did he mention? Harper fits this mould, as does Polec.

this is my first mock draft ever so be kind
ROUND 1
9.Tom Lynch-Gold Coast
Tom is a strong marking forward with terrific workrate and ability at ground level. He was impressive for Vic Country in the Under-18s Championships where he averaged 13 disposals and four marks.
10.Daniel Gorringe-Gold Coast
Gorringe was the standout in terms of proformance across the Under-18s Carnival. He showed himself to be a thinking ruckman able to overcome his marginal lack of height (198cm) by leaping high and early and working on angles and he slotted the ball down a teammate's throat more often than any other bigman.
12.Jed Lamb-Melbourne
Although a surprise to some I think he's just what Melbourne need a small forward to free up Bate to play midfield.
He is a clever small forward with clean hands overhead and at ground level and has good goal awareness. Supersmart goalkicker in all situations who is good on both sides of he's body: kicked 34 goals this year for Gipsland Power and Vic Country at the AFL Nab Under 18s Championships
13.Matthew Watson-Gold Coast
Matthew is the best key position defender in the draft and I think could play round two unless injured. He is a left-footed tall defender with a penetrating kick and is strong in the air. He composed with the ball in his hands. who had a consistent AFL Nab Under 18s Championships winning All-Australian honours and averaged 19 disposals and five marks

Looks like #11 has gone walk abouts ............

Remove this Banner Ad

Back