Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that Cobram were chasing Ollie very hard , as his wife grew up there .
as for nuttal and hilly they told me they were set to return in 2010 , no doubt they will recieve some remuneration but there wont be big bags of money thrown at them .

Brendan Prendergast would be a good coach at united I reckon ringo , don't discount the fact that we are also shopping at the Bombers for a potential leader ;)

No dount Cobram would be chasing him....I played in the a game with Ollie for Echuca United @ Cobram where Ollie bagged 14 :eek:....sausage rolls with about 6 points and yeahp even a couple on the full was like watching the Buddy show lol' worth evry $$

Jordan would have to be a shoe-in for Rookie of the Year.

Betting Odds Anyone?
Tocumwal $1.62
Barooga $2.75
Tongala $7.00
Moama $14.00
Deniliquin Rams $16.00
Numurkah $34.00
Congupna $34.00
Mulwala $51.00
Is Jordan even eligible for rookie of the year? He has played more than ten senior games in previous years.

Pretty disappointed to hear the outcome of the delegates meeting on Monday night. What a spineless group!!! What the hell have we got delegates for if they can't be involved with major decisions that effect all clubs within the league structure!! For those not in the know, Barooga asked that a motion be set to leave the original finals structure in place for this year, in light of clubs budgetting for this in their finances plus because no discussion was held about changes to be made, and then reopen discussion as a group early next year. Well barring only a select few, the majority of clubs declined this and now have given full control to the board!!!! WEAK! What the hell are these representatives there for if they are not going to be involved in the decision making process. Very disappointed with Cobram's response, as the grilling their president gave the general manager a couple of weeks ago on the radio was not backed up. Actions speak louder than words!!!!! Congratulations to all the clubs who have gone along and held the hand of the executive. You have just handed them complete domination and control! No turning back now and as far as I'm concern I hope it comes back to bite you, especially when the grand final ends up on a cow paddock!!!!
What was Cobrams response Bighawk? I know they voted against the change & Mr.Burrowes copped some very heated phone calls from the club previous to the meeting!

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the following:
Premiers?
Final 6?
O'Dwyer medallist?
BSC Player of the Year?

Tocumwal

Toc, Barooga, Moama, Numurkah, Congupna, Tongala

Ash Hockey Cobram Should win it pretty comfortably

Robinson Mulwala

Agree here Robinson already has a handy lead! hockey gets alot of footy in close and kicks enough goals should win it!

Premiers- Toc
Final 6 - Toc, Barooga, Moama, Numurkha, Congupna, Tongala
Medal - Ash Hockey / Ryan Boneghetti

And the big word I heard from the delegates meeting was Congupna are about to name Queensland and former Seymour coach Steve Daniel as coach and his assistant coach will be Paul Scanlon from seymour / Bendigo, if this is true thats a massive get for the roaders......................

Premiers- Toc

And the big word I heard from the delegates meeting was Congupna are about to name Queensland and former Seymour coach Steve Daniel as coach and his assistant coach will be Paul Scanlon from seymour / Bendigo, if this is true thats a massive get for the roaders......................

I suppose its a possibility as Daniel may not want to coach against Seymour and Scanlon has had a couple of off field issues with the Bombers and is looking at leaving them at the end of the season. Would make Congupna firm favs for next yr if it happened.

Premiers- Toc

That's pretty big news. . . .It'd be a massive win for Congupna. Done deal is it??

That's pretty big news. . . .It'd be a massive win for Congupna. Done deal is it??
i dont think it is, a mate of mine said that he is speaking to another murray league club (not sure who it is) and wodonga this week...i hear he loves his job in qld, but is coming back to vic for personal reasons.

goodgolly, who is coaching you guys next year?

i dont think it is, a mate of mine said that he is speaking to another murray league club (not sure who it is) and wodonga this week...i hear he loves his job in qld, but is coming back to vic for personal reasons.

goodgolly, who is coaching you guys next year?

aunt bunny,,your mails exact to mine, he is meeting with Congupna on Wednesday. Hes coming home because of a family issue[ his daughters been ill] he wont coach against Seymour,or go back to VFL AFL. Just wants to coach in shepp area and be close to family.

aunt bunny,,your mails exact to mine, he is meeting with Congupna on Wednesday. Hes coming home because of a family issue[ his daughters been ill] he wont coach against Seymour,or go back to VFL AFL. Just wants to coach in shepp area and be close to family.

Right on the mail you boys, he is flying down on Wednesday and meeting with Congupna, Rumbalarra and Yarrawonga. He has made it clear he wont coach against the lions in Gv. And yes unfortunatley family reasons is why he is coming home. He was offered a job at the Gold Coast after winning Queensland coach of the year and knocked it back to come home. Just wants to settle back in shepp with family and freinds.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one would think Congupna are safe, well done to them.

Round 20 match of the year, with loser to miss a finals spot for 09.

Tongala v Deniliquin :eek::eek:

yes Homer, make sure you blokes throw everything at Toc this week, hope you even knock them off, as long as you come away with a few sore bodies:D
Should have A. Reid and T. Duke back this week, hopefully they survive and we both have close to full strength to see who progresses.

Right on the mail you boys, he is flying down on Wednesday and meeting with Congupna, Rumbalarra and Yarrawonga. He has made it clear he wont coach against the lions in Gv. And yes unfortunatley family reasons is why he is coming home. He was offered a job at the Gold Coast after winning Queensland coach of the year and knocked it back to come home. Just wants to settle back in shepp with family and freinds.:thumbsu:
Hey Duffman,

was he working with Indigenous kids up there in Qld in a development type of role? if he was, you would think that Rumba would be a good chance to get him then??? especially since there partnership with Essendon/AFL/Melb Uni etc....Gee its going to be interesting then..;) Goodgolly can you confrim this? pm me if you want.

I'm pretty sure O'Meara will be going around again for us. But i've also got mail that someone else could be a REAL chance at coming to Rumba next year. One of the biggest names to come to the Goulburn Valley in a while. I'm not yet sure what capasity or role he'll play or have, but he'll be priceless in any case, IMO.
I can't say much more than that but you'll be able to connect the dots within the next two week. . . . . .:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey Duffman,

was he working with Indigenous kids up there in Qld in a development type of role? if he was, you would think that Rumba would be a good chance to get him then??? especially since there partnership with Essendon/AFL/Melb Uni etc....Gee its going to be interesting then..;) Goodgolly can you confrim this? pm me if you want.

On the mail again aunt bunny, works for the AFL, AFL Manager and coaching director of an Indigenous school in Cairns.[ sorry forget the name] Im pretty sure he coached the elite U17 Indigenous side at the Gabba and travels up into the remote Indigenous communities.

On the mail again aunt bunny, works for the AFL, AFL Manager and coaching director of an Indigenous school in Cairns.[ sorry forget the name] Im pretty sure he coached the elite U17 Indigenous side at the Gabba and travels up into the remote Indigenous communities.

Doesnt he coach South Cairns Duff Man????

15-8-2009 13:10AEST
Winner
Tocumwal 1.62
Barooga 2.75
Moama 8.00
Tongala 12.00
Deniliquin Rams 16.00
Numurkah 34.00
Congupna 34.00
Mulwala 81.00

Unsure how Numurkah & Congupna can be better odds than Tonny & Deni when they have already pretty much made it, and Tonny & Deni still have to play off for a spot

Robert Osbourne to cobram in 2010, my mail is as coach. Great get if they can pull it off, big loss for mooroopna.

He is chatting to a couple of clubs in the Murray League i hear. He could even be heading a little bit further north than Cobram i hear.

Would be a good get for any murray league club and i think a few of the Mooroopna boys might follow suit.

Winner
Tocumwal 1.62
Barooga 2.75
Moama 8.00
Tongala 12.00
Deniliquin Rams 16.00
Numurkah 34.00
Congupna 34.00
Mulwala 81.00

Unsure how Numurkah & Congupna can be better odds than Tonny & Deni when they have already pretty much made it, and Tonny & Deni still have to play off for a spot

still think the top 2 are too far apart in the market, imo shld be 1.90 and 2.20. thats from someone who would have put the lot on tonny at the start of the year :eek: and yet they wont even make it now :p

I'm pretty sure O'Meara will be going around again for us. But i've also got mail that someone else could be a REAL chance at coming to Rumba next year. One of the biggest names to come to the Goulburn Valley in a while. I'm not yet sure what capasity or role he'll play or have, but he'll be priceless in any case, IMO.
I can't say much more than that but you'll be able to connect the dots within the next two week. . . . . .:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
will he be playing this person? my source reckons that O'Meara wont be there as coach next year, but he could be wrong.

still think the top 2 are too far apart in the market, imo shld be 1.90 and 2.20. thats from someone who would have put the lot on tonny at the start of the year :eek: and yet they wont even make it now :p

Barooga favs for me, sorry Homer but we'll be right.;), either way I think we both will cause some havoc whoever makes it.

Winner
Tocumwal 1.62
Barooga 2.75
Moama 8.00
Tongala 12.00
Deniliquin Rams 16.00
Numurkah 34.00
Congupna 34.00
Mulwala 81.00

surely no one other than Toc, Barooga or Moama can win it. Moama is the pick of the teams the real blues ;) have played this yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back