Murray Football League (Part 3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The results on the weekend bring a very interesting arrangement to the table for the final round. Three teams on 44 points (Numurkah, Congupna and Deni) and Tonny on 40 but has a better % than those above it. Numurkah vs Congupna, Tonny vs Deni.

4 Numurkah 120.10 44
5 Deniliquin 117.13 44
6 Congupna 116.13 44
7 Tongala 137.46 40

Obviously, Tonny needs to win to get in, but Deni could lose and still stay in (on %) if a small loss in their game and there is a big margin in the other game.

Lets get some tips on the go lads and some predictions for the last 3 spots in the final 6.

For what it's worth, I think Numurkah will get over Congupna by the 3-4 goal mark, and not withstanding Tonny's big win on the weekend, I think Deni have some nice momentum and will deny Tonny the final spot with 2 goal win.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me, a home final even better :p

Sounds good to me, a home final even better :p

For that to happen Homer, we would have to beat you by a similar margin or less than Numurkah beats Congupna, or Congupna beat Numurkah by 6 or more goals than we beat you. If you win you have no chance of a home final, maybe we can come to some arrangement :D.

See still no Marshall or Bull, any chance of them coming up for the do or die encounter. We had one last crack with Reidy but he just showed us enough to see what we have been missing out on ( 4 goals in first 15min) before doing his hammy again. Dukey got through so there will only be 1 or 2 changes for us.

Premiers- Toc
Final 6 - Toc, Barooga, Moama, Numurkha, Congupna, Tongala
Medal - Ash Hockey / Ryan Boneghetti

And the big word I heard from the delegates meeting was Congupna are about to name Queensland and former Seymour coach Steve Daniel as coach and his assistant coach will be Paul Scanlon from seymour / Bendigo, if this is true thats a massive get for the roaders......................

Looks like the puppet was on the money!!! Although my reception is pretty poor I could of sworn that S Daniel was announced as the new Congupna coach on WIN tonight!!! Now for scanlon?????:cool:

Looks like the puppet was on the money!!! Although my reception is pretty poor I could of sworn that S Daniel was announced as the new Congupna coach on WIN tonight!!! Now for scanlon?????:cool:

Yes Ringo big news for Congupna and great for the comp. 3 year deal too

For that to happen Homer, we would have to beat you by a similar margin or less than Numurkah beats Congupna, or Congupna beat Numurkah by 6 or more goals than we beat you. If you win you have no chance of a home final, maybe we can come to some arrangement :D.

See still no Marshall or Bull, any chance of them coming up for the do or die encounter. We had one last crack with Reidy but he just showed us enough to see what we have been missing out on ( 4 goals in first 15min) before doing his hammy again. Dukey got through so there will only be 1 or 2 changes for us.

Both will train and see how they go.. was an awesome game of footy on the weekend between Deni and Toc. Toc still the team to beat i think. Ash Parsons was best on for us, With 16 year old Oli (Maddogg) Maddison not to far behind. he had the job on Hare and i thought he took him out of the game very well.. Well Down to the boys on a good win keeping our finals hopes alive. should be a belter this weekend.. Go Boys!!!

Hope Bull is careful and doesnt rush it a stress fracture of the foot can easily turn into what trent croad went through and if that happens it would be hard to get back at country footy level (hope not though he is a trooper Bull)

Hope Bull is careful and doesnt rush it a stress fracture of the foot can easily turn into what trent croad went through and if that happens it would be hard to get back at country footy level (hope not though he is a trooper Bull)

good point Rudy, dont think the great man will be risking any of the boys this time of the year, we all know what happens when you go into big games with players less than 100% fit.

Heard it got a bit willing in the Deni/Toc game. Anyone elaborate? From what we heard there was a bit of behind the play stuff where a king hit on Mellington started a massive brawl. Will be a ripping round this weekend with the final two spots in the 6 up for grabs!! Who wants it the most!!!!

s**t, What a huge get for Congupna, and for the Murray Football League. Hes rated as one of the best coaches in Country football. And has anyone else heard about an incident that involved Mellington last weekend, or did anyone see it.:thumbsu:

Heard it got a bit willing in the Deni/Toc game. Anyone elaborate? From what we heard there was a bit of behind the play stuff where a king hit on Mellington started a massive brawl. Will be a ripping round this weekend with the final two spots in the 6 up for grabs!! Who wants it the most!!!!

Sorry big hawk, your already onto it, and have heard whispers as well.

August 18 2009
Deniliquin Pastoral Times

Key Bloods defender Anthony Mellington was knocked out in the third term after he hit the ground during a scuffle.

Michael Hare was reported for an incident involving Deniliquin's Ben Seignior. Hare accepted a one-match suspension.

its in the paper, it must be right :D

Going down the Daniel road
Congupna's battle for a Murray Football League finals berth has not stopped it signing arguably Victoria's most wanted coach for next season.
Dual Seymour premiership coach Steve Daniel agreed to a three-year deal with Congupna yesterday, ending months of speculation where he would coach next season.

Daniel told The News in June he was returning to live in the Goulburn Valley due to family reasons. His wife Julie's father has Parkinson's disease.

Daniel's phone has been ringing constantly since, with a number of clubs inquiring about securing his services.

He flew to Melbourne last Tuesday for four coaching interviews the next day before deciding to take up Congupna's position.

``I spoke to a couple of GVFL clubs, but I told them I didn't want to coach against Seymour,'' Daniel said.

``One of my good mates (Bernie Haberman) is still coaching there and a number of good mates are still playing there.

``We had success together at Seymour and I want to leave that there.''

Daniel will replace Travis Hampshire, who has led Congupna out of the wilderness since being appointed as coach in 2006.

The Road went from winning one game in 2005 to playing finals under Hampshire in 2006-07, before finishing 12th last year.

Hampshire's side is currently sixth (11-6) and part of a four-team logjam within a game of each other ahead of Saturday's final regular season clash against Numurkah (fourth, 11-6).

Daniel said Congupna was currently in a similar position to when he first arrived at Seymour in 2004.

Seymour broke a decade-long finals drought after finishing fourth in Daniel's first season, before winning consecutive flags in 2005-06.

``(Congupna) finished near the bottom of the ladder not long ago (11th in 2005) and have rebuilt their list,'' Daniel said.

``I'm looking forward to the challenge of coaching in the Murray league and trying to replicate that success I had with Seymour.''

Daniel moved to Cairns in 2007 to take up work with the AFL.

He is currently in his third season coaching South Cairns in the AFL Cairns competition, with the Cutters atop the ladder at 15-1 with two games left before finals.

Daniel finishes work with AFL Cairns on December 15 and hopes to move to the Shepparton area by Christmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congupna's battle for a Murray Football League finals berth has not stopped it signing arguably Victoria's most wanted coach for next season.
Dual Seymour premiership coach Steve Daniel agreed to a three-year deal with Congupna yesterday, ending months of speculation where he would coach next season.

Daniel told The News in June he was returning to live in the Goulburn Valley due to family reasons. His wife Julie's father has Parkinson's disease.

Daniel's phone has been ringing constantly since, with a number of clubs inquiring about securing his services.

He flew to Melbourne last Tuesday for four coaching interviews the next day before deciding to take up Congupna's position.

``I spoke to a couple of GVFL clubs, but I told them I didn't want to coach against Seymour,'' Daniel said.

``One of my good mates (Bernie Haberman) is still coaching there and a number of good mates are still playing there.

Daniel will replace Travis Hampshire, who has led Congupna out of the wilderness since being appointed as coach in 2006.

The Road went from winning one game in 2005 to playing finals under Hampshire in 2006-07, before finishing 12th last year.

Hampshire's side is currently sixth (11-6) and part of a four-team logjam within a game of each other ahead of Saturday's final regular season clash against Numurkah (fourth, 11-6).

Daniel said Congupna was currently in a similar position to when he first arrived at Seymour in 2004.

Seymour broke a decade-long finals drought after finishing fourth in Daniel's first season, before winning consecutive flags in 2005-06.

``(Congupna) finished near the bottom of the ladder not long ago (11th in 2005) and have rebuilt their list,'' Daniel said.

``I'm looking forward to the challenge of coaching in the Murray league and trying to replicate that success I had with Seymour.''

He is currently in his third season coaching South Cairns in the AFL Cairns competition, with the Cutters atop the ladder at 15-1 with two games left before finals.

Daniel finishes work with AFL Cairns on December 15 and hopes to move to the Shepparton area by Christmas.

Best coach I have played under, and its great hes not against the lions, all the best SJ, :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Has brought proffessionism to our club at South Cairns Cutters and instilled a great pride in how we go about our playing, it looks good that we will take the flags in 1st's and Reserves under him. He is a great coach and takes time out to help train some of the juniors. Lucky club that got him

Stay tuned for some big news from rumba in the coming month or 2. Missed out on steve daniels, but I think that with the 2 boys who are interesting in signing straight out of afl will make for a headline or two:)

Numurkah to unveil the new rooms and ground this weekend... The boys finally get a home game for 09... great effort to still be in the finals race after not having played or trained on their home oval all year credit to the playing group and coaching staff.
Should also help with recruiting next yr....
also Ex local Brett Dickinson finishes his course at uni in Ballarat this yr after 2 flags with Redan and 2 yrs VFL experience so would imagine the club will be trying to get him back in a navy blue jumper next yr

Stay tuned for some big news from rumba in the coming month or 2. Missed out on steve daniels, but I think that with the 2 boys who are interesting in signing straight out of afl will make for a headline or two:)

Was told tonight about at least one of the above mentioned and if true will be headlines for sure.

Numurkah to unveil the new rooms and ground this weekend... The boys finally get a home game for 09... great effort to still be in the finals race after not having played or trained on their home oval all year credit to the playing group and coaching staff.
Should also help with recruiting next yr....
also Ex local Brett Dickinson finishes his course at uni in Ballarat this yr after 2 flags with Redan and 2 yrs VFL experience so would imagine the club will be trying to get him back in a navy blue jumper next yr

Where were they training?

Some big movers this week in the flag odds, Rams into $8 from $16 last week:eek:, Tongala out to $51 from 12 last week :eek: and Numurkah into $17 from $34 and rightly so.
Toc $1.65 and barooga $2.60 nice value imo.

Interesting, wonder what the blokes who frame the market are doing, been telling them that Numurkah have been big overs for a month or so and now they half their quote after playing the bye:confused:
Tongala go from $12 to $51 after winning by 28 goals, agree the $12 was too short and we should have blown out the week before after losing 3 straight.
Still worth a nibble at $51, in a 7 horse race;)

Interesting, wonder what the blokes who frame the market are doing, been telling them that Numurkah have been big overs for a month or so and now they half their quote after playing the bye:confused:
Tongala go from $12 to $51 after winning by 28 goals, agree the $12 was too short and we should have blown out the week before after losing 3 straight.
Still worth a nibble at $51, in a 7 horse race;)
If you blokes make finals Hank will you feature or be standing on the sidelines?

Mainly Invergordon and in the Gym in Numurkah, possibly earlier at the Numurkah Youth Club, but no lights there.

Invergordon under some dodgey lights most of the yr and lately the high school gym on Thursday nights. On the new oval this thursday though which will be good leading up to a must win game. Checked out the rooms yesterday and they are very impressive.
As for the odds I had a go at Deni but didnt think my $10 at 16s would halve their quote haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back