Murray FL Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Illet, Jamison, Lovison, Ant Dennis,

There’s a couple other ones that aren’t sure yet. If Ewing plays it’ll be at Tonagla.

Atm, They’ve signed a couple from Kyabram one of them a league medalist in the thirds a couple years back. Jack Sinclair from merrigum, and Riley Clarke from Strathfieldsaye.
Illet, Jamieson, Ewing, Nyhuis, (4 of their best players) all gone, Dennis, Lovison (captain) Nevett, Pryde, Nexhip, Woods, T Van Roy Cowley boys all gone, Monigatti doubtful. And after the recent sacking of his father (Steve Hammond) from the undefeated premiership winning reserves i’d say Jack Hammond might also consider his GVFL options. Tonny might scrape into the top 6 but I don’t think they will be contenders in 2023.

Last edited:
Illet, Jamieson, Ewing, Nyhuis, (4 of their best players) all gone, Dennis, Lovison (captain) Nevett, Pryde, Nexhip, Woods, T Van Roy all gone, Monigatti and the two Cowley boys doubtful. And after the recent sacking of his father (Steve Hammond) from the undefeated premiership winning reserves i’d say Jack Hammond might also consider his options. Tonny won’t might scrape into the top 6 but I don’t think they will be contenders in 2023.
Is Souter still coaching ?

Illet, Jamieson, Ewing, Nyhuis, (4 of their best players) all gone, Dennis, Lovison (captain) Nevett, Pryde, Nexhip, Woods, T Van Roy Cowley boys all gone, Monigatti doubtful. And after the recent sacking of his father (Steve Hammond) from the undefeated premiership winning reserves i’d say Jack Hammond might also consider his GVFL options. Tonny might scrape into the top 6 but I don’t think they will be contenders in 2023.
I think a couple you've declared gone are still undecided.

What’s the story with Steve? I had heard Jack was going to be an assistant coach?

What’s the story with Steve? I had heard Jack was going to be an assistant coach
He was sacked, there’s a small off field group (not players) that wanted him gone. Jack wanted to be an assistant last year but the senior coach didn’t want him as he was still in Darwin playing and didn’t think he’d be able to put the time in. Very stiff to go through a year undefeated and win the flag and get the flick, very respected by the playing list. Huge mistake I believe.

Last edited:
He was sacked, there’s a small off field group (not players) that wanted him gone. Jack wanted to be an assistant last year but the senior coach didn’t want him as he was still in Darwin playing and didn’t think he’d be able to put the time in. Very stiff to go through a year undefeated and win the flag and get the flick, very respected by the playing list. Huge mistake I believe.
That’s a bit different to what I have heard, but if anyone would know it’s you. 👍🏽

That’s a bit different to what I have heard, but if anyone would know it’s you. 👍🏽
Heard it from the man himself and I’ve never known him to be a liar. As I said, it’s the clubs loss. I believe he was the man that could’ve taken the senior team to the next level given the opportunity. Unfortunately we’ll never know!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back