Murray FL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a Thirds team to play against Murch-Toolamba next Saturday at Murchison.

We are playing Dookie United in the 1sts and 2nds and it looks like their 3rds won’t get up. 10am start.

PM for more details.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone know if any picola league teams will be joining Murray now? And how's it going to affect draws and all that

Its been a while since I've posted anything, but given the topic of clubs joining the league it's tickled my interest.
My belief is that the league and clubs' default positions should be to welcome these clubs, or any with open arms. Tungamah and Shepp east I reckon have been making a case for some time to go up a level given how dominant they have been in their comp. And I feel for Dookie and Katandra given their hand was forced to some degree by their previous governing body if you believe the gossip.
All in all I don't think all 4 will come to the MFL. I think the Bears and the eagle will, with long term intentions. but I reckon Dookie and Katandra might find their way to the KDFL......

Its been a while since I've posted anything, but given the topic of clubs joining the league it's tickled my interest.
My belief is that the league and clubs' default positions should be to welcome these clubs, or any with open arms. Tungamah and Shepp east I reckon have been making a case for some time to go up a level given how dominant they have been in their comp. And I feel for Dookie and Katandra given their hand was forced to some degree by their previous governing body if you believe the gossip.
All in all I don't think all 4 will come to the MFL. I think the Bears and the eagle will, with long term intentions. but I reckon Dookie and Katandra might find their way to the KDFL......

Its going to be hard for dookie and katandra to find there way to the kdfl due to the league not having under 14s

Its going to be hard for dookie and katandra to find there way to the kdfl due to the league not having under 14s

Think there is 2 or 3 netball sides and un14s that would be lost.
20k difference in salary cap in the KDFL and not sure where the points would sit also.

un17s would become un18s this may affect some players as the parents of 15 year olds may not want there kids to play against possible 19 year olds as some have over age permits

I think 2019 will see a new competition formed but in the short term clubs have to pick between being competitive or cutting people out of there club.

You got it a little wrong there gg24, the previous governing body didn't force change in any way .
I'd be very surprised if all 4 didn't end up in the same comp and if it was long term.
The biggest change for the clubs would be the additional costs in the MFL , for things such as umpires in all grades and that is without the additional $45k budget that is available to MFL clubs.

Suggestions on KDL thread that MFL could be split into 2 comps/divisions. I know there would be many different options being considered but i think this ones an interesting one. Anyone think this would work?

Anyone know of the mfl's new draw? And how all the formats are going to work eg fixture and finals?
Or is still not official yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know of the mfl's new draw? And how all the formats are going to work eg fixture and finals?
Or is still not official yet?
Word on the street is that the fixture will remain the same for rounds 1-3 and then a revised fixture will be implemented to include the four new clubs.

The official decision will be made by Friday.

Hearing 16 team comp with a top 8 finals system.
Would it be as simple as playing each team once with the joining teams playing eachother twice and so on for existing murray league teams?

Just confirmed on KDFL forum that Dookie to KDFL the other 3 coming to Murray league.

and then later in the evening said by the same poster that isn't the case??? Maybe his sources aren't as reliable as previously????? and have to wait until MFL or KDFL or AFL GM actually make official public announcement on their websites, social media or through the media to be sure.

and then later in the evening said by the same poster that isn't the case??? Maybe his sources aren't as reliable as previously????? and have to wait until MFL or KDFL or AFL GM actually make official public announcement on their websites, social media or through the media to be sure.

Yet he was right. Leave your pety grievence of him on the Picola forum please

Great contest at Murcury Drive this afternoon between Rumba and Numurkah.
Tight from start to finish, with the Blues talls simply being too much when it matter.
Good start for new Blues coach Jye Warren, chiming in witha timely goal in the third. Pricey’s new partner in crime is going to become really important as the season ticks on for Numurkah, while the group of kids Rumba played will be worth the investment in time. Not sure how this years Blues compare to last year, with the exclusion of Evans and co, but they were slick at times and their forwards still fairly potent.
Rumba’s news coach Kane Atkinson handled his first real deal well, although wished he was on the other side of the line I’m sure. Rumba definitely improved from last seasons outing, but still a fair ways to go if they are going to play finals. All our kids played really well in Wise, Sorgel, Atkinson(Kyal), Miller(Anthony) and Johnston. They didn’t look out of the ordinary at all. Be interesting to know if Numurkah had any out, but Rumba were still missing a few, including Kane and Jarrod Atkinson, and Anthony Walker, but I expect 2 of them to be back this week.

Great contest at Murcury Drive this afternoon between Rumba and Numurkah.
Tight from start to finish, with the Blues talls simply being too much when it matter.
Good start for new Blues coach Jye Warren, chiming in witha timely goal in the third. Pricey’s new partner in crime is going to become really important as the season ticks on for Numurkah, while the group of kids Rumba played will be worth the investment in time. Not sure how this years Blues compare to last year, with the exclusion of Evans and co, but they were slick at times and their forwards still fairly potent.
Rumba’s news coach Kane Atkinson handled his first real deal well, although wished he was on the other side of the line I’m sure. Rumba definitely improved from last seasons outing, but still a fair ways to go if they are going to play finals. All our kids played really well in Wise, Sorgel, Atkinson(Kyal), Miller(Anthony) and Johnston. They didn’t look out of the ordinary at all. Be interesting to know if Numurkah had any out, but Rumba were still missing a few, including Kane and Jarrod Atkinson, and Anthony Walker, but I expect 2 of them to be back this week.
Yer Rumba would take some heart getting that close to Numurkah. Would that be Cobrams best win in years? Congupna lead Mulwala over there by 8 points at three quarter time before they got ran over but there will be lots of improvement in the Road this season as well.

What jumpers and nicknames will the new sides entering the league? Will shepp east go back to bombers? I know how much angst/issues this caused between Numurkah and Tonny with two blues!!!!!

What jumpers and nicknames will the new sides entering the league? Will shepp east go back to bombers? I know how much angst/issues this caused between Numurkah and Tonny with two blues!!!!!
I was wondering the same thing but by looking at the draw there doesnt seem to be a real jumper clash until round 9 when numurkah play katandra. Plenty of time to work something out but it will be one to keep an eye out on

It's going to be interesting to see how the year unfolds. Will the addition of the three new clubs be temporary or will they be looking to cement themselves in the Murray League long term? There are rumours the old Tungamah league could be reformed in 2019 and might include Tungamah, Shepp East, Katandra, Rumbalara, Congupna and perhaps one or two other nearby clubs...

As for jumper clashes, there certainly isn't enough contrast between Numurkah and Katandra, or Barooga and Tungamah for that matter. Even the royal blue Shepp East Eagles kits aren't a great match up against Echuca United's navy Eagles guernseys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back