Official Team Thread Mt. Buller Demons Season 37 Team Thread | Ice To See You

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a bit behind in the stats this week. I've been busy over the past couple of days. The stats were done yesterday, just need to do the write-ups. Should have it done tomorrow or the day after.
You are doing a great job. Thank you. My fabulous Buller comrades and I are grateful.

R13 team sheet.JPG

Our good form in warm weather continued against the Dragons last week, coming away with our 5th win in these conditions. We now sit in 7th position with 7 wins for the season, although our percentage will be an issue if we can't win at least one or two of the remaining three games.

manangatang was the star this week, finishing with 121 DT, well ahead of the next best (Scythe94 and Gralin both on 85). He was also the leading goal kicker for the game, finishing with 5. cooney had his third big game in a row at Centre Half Forward while Yakker and cartwright got plenty of the ball on their flanks.
jmoo wan was back to his best at Centre Half Back, well supported by Marlowe on his flank. cats2rise and moginie also provided plenty of run in the middle.

Goals were shared around a lot this week. Bluelegs (three goals) and sante (two goals) continued their strong goal kicking form, while cooney and Yakker kicked three each from half forward. Gralin and Scythe94 both kicked one each. I wasted my opportunities, kicking just one from fove scoring shots.

Posting was at its highest for the past month, finishing with 19 posters and the most posts since Round 10. We also had seven Demons post over 20 times, although it dropped off a lot after that.
The highlight was easily the increased activity from Headless who was back to his entertaining best. cats2rise continued his hot posting streak and Gralin still hasn't been outside the top three this season. moginie has been a star all season and opposition teams are really starting to notice what he contributes to match threads. Wosh was another big positive, also back amongst it after a couple of less active weeks and manangatang, despite being consistent all year, had his biggest week since Round 4.

Random Stats:
1. We have won 5 out of 6 matches in warm conditions this season.
2. Tarkyn_24 would have been our 4th highest poster this week if we'd paid attention to him he'd been a Demon.
3. Pie 4 Life kicks less goals from the middle than he does at full back. To be fair, he had a stronger opponent this week.

This week DERO is celebrating his 200th SFA match and his 100th Demons match against the Wonders. If we win, we're a very strong chance of playing finals. Match thread is here.

Round 8 links:
Team Selection
Pre-match
After-Match Summary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back