Money for Jam - the 2018 “What Happen Power?” Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Port was a stock, you’d be loading up on that s**t right now, cause it’s blue sky.

At the moment, I have the following positions (putting $20 on each market when I can for the duration of the season):

$40 on Port to win the GF @ $9
$40 on Port to finish minor premier @ $10
$40 on Port to finish top 4 @ $3

Anyone else getting in on this?

If Port was a stock, you’d be loading up on that s**t right now, cause it’s blue sky.

At the moment, I have the following positions (putting $20 on each market when I can for the duration of the season):

$40 on Port to win the GF @ $9
$40 on Port to finish minor premier @ $10
$40 on Port to finish top 4 @ $3

Anyone else getting in on this?
How much for Port to finish top 8?

Ehh probs not worth betting on. I'd wait to see how we play the first few rounds before making a decision on if we can make top 4.

Hinkley seems to come close to it but always misses out.

Ehh probs not worth betting on. I'd wait to see how we play the first few rounds before making a decision on if we can make top 4.

Hinkley seems to come close to it but always misses out.

I’m on it because we have a middle six draw with a top six team with that has a lot of depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be a boring bet, but its a s**t load better than bank interest at the moment even if you have to wait nearly 6 months to get your pay out.

Picking any Port player to win a Brownlow is silly. We’re too even without a clear standout best player, there won’t be enough votes to go around. The Brownlow winner will be someone like Dusty who is a superstar surrounded (with the exception of Cotchin) by midfield mediocrity.

I think the clear bet is Port over 13.5 wins - to me, we are good for 15-16

STRAIGHT BET
[13025] TOTAL o13½-110
(PORT ADELAIDE RSW OVER vrs PORT ADELAIDE RSW UNDER)
1100.00 / 1000.00

I’m on it because we have a middle six draw with a top six team with that has a lot of depth.

I bet you weren't intending to take Ricky Henderson with your first Ultimate Footy draft pick.

Off the Ladbrokes site.

"Port Adelaide

2017 Finish: 5th (Lost Qualifying Final)
2018 Predicted Finish: 3rd
2017 Betting Statistics

Head To Head
Overall: 14-9
Home: 8-4
Away: 6-5
Against The Line
Overall: 13-10
Home: 6-6
Away: 7-4
Premiership Odds: $9
Port Adelaide went on a massive recruiting spree during the off-season and it is clear that the club believe their premiership window is well and truly open.
There is an argument to be made that Port Adelaide were flat-track bullies last season – they were excellent against the weaker sides in the competition, but went only 2-9 against other sides in the top eight.
They obviously need to improve that record if they are going to be serious contenders this season and I think that they are capable of doing just that.
Tom Rockliff has his issues at Brisbane last season, but at his best he is an elite midfield and the addition of him and Steven Motlop takes the pressure off Robbie Gray, who will have more opportunities to spend time in the forward line.
The pieces are all there for Port Adelaide – there are no obvious weaknesses on this list – and if they are able to approve their goalkicking as well as their composure in big games they will be in the top four mix.

Port Adelaide To Finish Top 4 @ $2.75"

You can currently get 26.63 to 1 for Port to beat the line in its first 5 games.

-25.5 against Freo.

+17.5 against Sydney.

-42.5 against Brisbane.

+2.5 against Essendon.

-7.5 against Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back