Millewa FL 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

So at seasons end and after first week of finals

Overachiever - Werrimul as no one thought they would make finals (then knock off Gol Gol in the final)

Underachiever's- Gol Gol as most thought it was a two horse race with them and Bambil, finish fourth lose first final and Cardy talked themselves up as flag contender and can't make finals.

Euston have done very well with the lack of depth (min injuries this year) and Bambil just what we all thought they would be the team to beat.

Nangy- started off competitive and dropped off from Mid season

Meringur- About what you would think first year back, they did get one win for their efforts.

GF- Bambil (by 5 goals)
League medal- Stephen Denaro/Clint Burdett- Two very important players for there teams.

Werrimul smashed bambill by 7 goals and really should have been more. Bambill didn't even look interested whilst werrimul stuck to a game plan and did what they had to do. Great crowd at the lake as well, definitely where the grandfinal should be played

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 4

Werrimul still surprised they won the GF this year, not many looking at going elsewhere but Johnson is the only ? for next year with Mills not going around again. A Couple of Irymple 2's could be snapped up to add depth and youth.
Bambil (disappointed no silver-wear) will add a few younger 20-25yrs to an aging list and ? on M Hickey to play again. Will lose the big bloke Luitjes to a sunraysia club (looking like South). Also chasing Catter and D Fox from south
Euston looking to add depth, S denaro is only 50/50 to play again and might need a new ruckman as phil unlikely to play again. The boys who left for vale last season should be back, bar I Mennie.
Gol Gol in desperate need of a new coach, looks like they spent a bit on players who did not preform regularly and could not gel as a team, fair few not returning but will recruit strongly again. Will be disappointed with the result. Hooper not going around again
Cardy, fair few not returning but should replace them with others from Irymple, the two Hura's a chance. Tagging on-baller and goal kicking Forward Flank/winger are some that are going.
Nangy to keep most and T Francis half a chance to be back with his mates. Sherwell doubtful to go around again but could be replaced by a Mallee Full Forward.
Meringur- keeping most players and adding more, looking a signing an assistant coach who did the same role at another Millewa club last year? Lost the Irish boys with Reilly being one of their best last season so will be missed.

But very early days yet.

Good work Fatside. Seems you have the inside info. Burdett to coach Golly is my guess. Golly must really be on the search as the SFL site says they are talking to Nick Mee. Is Love staying at Cardy? Any word on their new coach? Who are Bambill chasing?

GTVS posted on Sunraysia forum
David Brynes to coach Cardross and take half a doz Irymple players with him.
Can anyone confirm this?

If so good work by Cardy, his a good coach and will attract players to the club.
Not sure how the current cardy players will feel about Brynies coaching, he won't put up with any nonsense.

South pretty much have said they have lost B Thomas (Catter) - Bambill I'm guessing unless anyone else have approached him with $$$

Golly got a coach yet? If not behind the eight ball and talking to Nick Mee is wishful thinking.

South and Red Cliffs after Isiah Johnson Red Cliffs most likely and D Kelly thinking about a return to Imps

Hannah back in the Red and Black with others to follow but H Gunn back to Robinvale.
Stephen Denaro signed a 9 year deal worth $320,000.

David Byrnes to coach Irymple under 18. A good appointment. I always like seeing previous senior coaches teaching the kids. Also Bambill is on the move with Cat Thomas. He will kill it in the MFL. What is happening at Gol Gol as you would expect Burdett will want lots of key recruits. Any info?

David Byrnes to coach Irymple under 18. A good appointment. I always like seeing previous senior coaches teaching the kids. Also Bambill is on the move with Cat Thomas. He will kill it in the MFL. What is happening at Gol Gol as you would expect Burdett will want lots of key recruits. Any info?
I believe Burdett is no longer in the coaching race as he has pulled out. Thats what I heard.

Any news on the coaching sides of things? Is DT coaching again at the pies? Has golly got a coach yet? Any truth to Dowdy coaching nangi? Come on guys surly theres a bit of news doing the rounds?

Cardross still advertising for a new coach in today's paper. Seems to be a bit late in the piece for this to be happening. Any news on whose in line for the job?

I Don't think Cardy are the only team without a coach yet. Golly no coach as yet and R Dowdy asking for more then Nangy can pay (so no coach). These three teams will be well behind the 8 ball as it's hard to recruit players without knowing who the coach is and most players will be signed already to other clubs if they where going to change clubs, so unlikely to recruit any quality players for the up and coming season. Bambil, Euston, Werrimul and Meringur all resigned current coaches which will help with there player retainment and recruitment to date.
Any teams started or starting training as yet, like the Sunraysia teams have ?

Cardross still advertising for a new coach in today's paper. Seems to be a bit late in the piece for this to be happening. Any news on whose in line for the job?
Cardross has signed Mark East as a playing Coach this year. Mark has been with the club for a number of years after serving as an assistant coach to a number or senior coaches, most notably under the Late Merve Neagle at Merbein.
Training has commenced at Cardross Every Wednesday night and all current and potential players are encouraged to pop down and have a run from 6 pm..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cardross has signed Mark East as a playing Coach this year. Mark has been with the club for a number of years after serving as an assistant coach to a number or senior coaches, most notably under the Late Merve Neagle at Merbein.
Training has commenced at Cardross Every Wednesday night and all current and potential players are encouraged to pop down and have a run from 6 pm..

Good luck to mark, hope he can get the club back on track. Whispers are a few have left the den. will take some recruiting. But all the best to the lions.

That leaves nangy and golly to sign a coach.

So will golly and nangi do the same as cardross and appoint someone from within or is still time to chase an outside coach. Be good to see initial numbers for trainings/ meetings over the next 6 weeks or so

Cardy will need to spend a bit to recruit any new players, and as stated before a few are leaving the club so Cardy's numbers are not looking good.

Golly and Nangy are well behind if still no coach before Christmas.
Nangy most years struggles for numbers and Golly once one of the strongest clubs in the league looks to be going down the ladder quickly and will be in the same boat as Cardy by struggling for numbers and will have to spend to get any new recruits.

Any news on I Johnson from Werrimul now that Red Cliffs cannot offer the coin he was after.
Lindsay going around again for Golly?
Ransoms playing at Cardy ???
Bambil has recruited well and kept all there Grand Final side together
Euston picked up a few and lost little
Meringur Hooker and Davis not playing next year? but Carter, Lawson's and Moore staying for another year.

But early days yet

Cardy will need to spend a bit to recruit any new players, and as stated before a few are leaving the club so Cardy's numbers are not looking good.

Golly and Nangy are well behind if still no coach before Christmas.
Nangy most years struggles for numbers and Golly once one of the strongest clubs in the league looks to be going down the ladder quickly and will be in the same boat as Cardy by struggling for numbers and will have to spend to get any new recruits.

Any news on I Johnson from Werrimul now that Red Cliffs cannot offer the coin he was after.
Lindsay going around again for Golly?
Ransoms playing at Cardy ???
Bambil has recruited well and kept all there Grand Final side together
Euston picked up a few and lost little
Meringur Hooker and Davis not playing next year? but Carter, Lawson's and Moore staying for another year.

But early days yet

Is euston keeping denaro?

Have heard both ransomed leaving as well as couple of others as the club don't have much to spend

Johnson is staying

Bambill recruited very well looking pretty strong

Meringue will improve on 2013 only lost the irish but sounds of things have recruited a few

Rumored that Phil Byrnes to coach golly and nangy are in allsorts

Nangi and cardy to struggle don't no how much respect east will get from playing group
Meringur to improve slightly
Can't rite golly off yet who knows what they will do as there has been a lot of committee changes and always gave $$
Werrimull have picked up a couple past players
Bambill always recruit we'll (can anyone give us names)

Grayling from Walpy coaching Nangy and Garlic coaching Gol Gol. Grayling bring a far few mates from Walpy and a few current Nangy players going elsewhere. Gol Gol are losing a far few players and can't see Garlic bring too many new players with him. I do know a good 2's player that was happy to talk up that Gol Gol have offered him $ to play there.
The question is, is there still any quality players (senior) wanting to move clubs for Cardy, Gol Gol or Nangy?.Will have to wait and see
Bambil signed B Thomas (catta) and A Hughes (2's player) from South. Still waiting on a couple of other players to confirm there coming across, 3 very close to signing so I hear.

Has Werrimull added any more quality players to there list?

Good news for nangi, is grayling much of a player? Catta will be very handy any names on the other 3? I've heard j. Roberts, p, Jenkins b, dusher, c. Longeri t, kelly and a couple more in the pipeline not much quality but will ad depth. A handful retiring from bambill I was told

Just having a look at the Sunraysia daily web site to see Meringur assistant coach is R McCaig, the heading Roos bounce. If you look at other millewa teams assistant coaches are senior players like B Thomas, C Burdett and so forth so not much bounce for Meringurs buck there. Cardy boys can't wait to play Meringur now.

Just having a look at the Sunraysia daily web site to see Meringur assistant coach is R McCaig, the heading Roos bounce. If you look at other millewa teams assistant coaches are senior players like B Thomas, C Burdett and so forth so not much bounce for Meringurs buck there. Cardy boys can't wait to play Meringur now.
Being a former cardy player I not hat wont be the case we are more worried about fielding a side

If cardy are so worried about fielding a side, what are the reasons for this? Seemed to be a fairly young team last year so there must be a few leaving, guess there is still a lot of time before the first bounce in round 1.

If cardy are so worried about fielding a side, what are the reasons for this? Seemed to be a fairly young team last year so there must be a few leaving, guess there is still a lot of time before the first bounce in round 1.
Hopefully cardi can field aside, aswell as nangi. Always seems the same sides struggle. Will this league ever even out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back