News MFC Demon Academy - Finally Ready To Announce

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Whoooooooo

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Well looks like its finally getting closer and we can get on with it ... building our zones.

Every Victorian club is going to get " seed funding to establish a club-branded academy"

Our allocated territory will be the Dandenong Stingrays ( South East Melbourne ) & the Alice in NT, so you would expect that we would get some sort of bidding advantages like the "interstate academies: very interesting times ahead ... certainly will put up the costs to run an AFL club.

Is anyone else annoyed that, despite our efforts in NT, Geelong gets the area containing Darwin (a city of around 116,000) and our zone includes Alice Springs (25,000). Can see who will get the pick of the Indigenous kids! Geelong always seem to get it easy, just look at there schedule this year.

Also, when they say "diverse back grounds" does that include white kids? Haven't seen anywhere where it said no white kids allowed?

So how is this actually going to work with the draft?

What's the reason for this and who decided who gets what zone.

If this works like the interstate academies won't this just limit the amount of talent available to bottom clubs while top clubs throw their late first round picks on guns?

• Banned
So how is this actually going to work with the draft?

What's the reason for this and who decided who gets what zone.

If this works like the interstate academies won't this just limit the amount of talent available to bottom clubs while top clubs throw their late first round picks on guns?

Full details are not released as yet, but it will work exactly like any other academy where you get a 20% discount when bidding on your own kids.

This incentivises the clubs to develop their regions, almost like we are going back in history to our zones.

The next step will to be get rid of our VFL affiliations and clubs to run stand alone "VFL team or Seconds" as they were once known as.

So in reality clubs will own, run & develop their AFL teams, their VFL teams ( 2nds) and their TAC cup teams ( Under 19 team ) ... Go Dees

Also, when they say "diverse back grounds" does that include white kids? Haven't seen anywhere where it said no white kids allowed?

Should definitely include some white folk from non-traditional AFL backgrounds. I'd imagine potential draftees will be eligible if their parent(s) are Russian, French, Jewish, Mormons, Vegans, Scientologists, etc etc.

Should definitely include some white folk from non-traditional AFL backgrounds. I'd imagine potential draftees will be eligible if their parent(s) are Russian, French, Jewish, Mormons, Vegans, Scientologists, etc etc.
Not entirely on topic - but I know a bloke with RCD and he seems a pretty decent dude. He's not French but probably should be. I don't know his religion but have seen him eat a Bagel etc.

Returning to your post, I've got to know what issue you are taking issue with this time. Not because I necessarily think you are wrong - though that's not entirely impossible - but because I have no idea what you are getting at

I thought I was just listing diverse / multicultural backgrounds.

Bummer.

I had a sudden feeling you might be spoiling for a fight and was planning to align myself accordingly and go mental. Didn't work the way I imagined because I'm pretty s**t at Internet.

Full details are not released as yet, but it will work exactly like any other academy where you get a 20% discount when bidding on your own kids.

This incentivises the clubs to develop their regions, almost like we are going back in history to our zones.

The next step will to be get rid of our VFL affiliations and clubs to run stand alone "VFL team or Seconds" as they were once known as.

So in reality clubs will own, run & develop their AFL teams, their VFL teams ( 2nds) and their TAC cup teams ( Under 19 team ) ... Go Dees
Except we already do that. Casey suits us perfectly, right in our target corridor. The near-collapse of the club 2 years ago set us up for a quasi-takeover a la Hawthorn and Box Hill.

Plus you couldn't run a seconds team out of anywhere else. MCG is out. Punt Rd means paying Richmond. Junction Oval going to cricket. Glenferrie Rd means paying Hawthorn. They're going to stay at Casey.

So my irish convict heritage doesn't qualify I'm guessing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're going to stay at Casey.

Only due to financial restraints not thru preference. If our financial position was to turn around ie strong membership growth and strong sponsorship growth ... its a no brainer Casey would be gone.

Only due to financial restraints not thru preference. If our financial position was to turn around ie strong membership growth and strong sponsorship growth ... its a no brainer Casey would be gone.
Not just about financial position now. Hawthorn are one of the biggest clubs in the league and are still at Box Hill. Carlton are at Preston despite the financial boulder around their neck at PP. North are still at Werribee.

You can say if, but right now Casey is good. Also it'd be throwing away a lot of the hard work the administration continues to put into Casey.

So my irish convict heritage doesn't qualify I'm guessing?

I think you're out of luck there. Have you considered joining a cult?

Bummer.

I had a sudden feeling you might be spoiling for a fight and was planning to align myself accordingly and go mental. Didn't work the way I imagined because I'm pretty s**t at Internet.

It's the internet, we come here to fight.

Won't work with our Paleo diet - or have we abandoned that?

You are just going to have to lure those Emperor penguins to your club through free agency.

Not waiting seven years when we can get creatures who can't mark to save themselves on the trade market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back