MCDFNL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Ig but my brother plays defence and gets one of the best ons in some games for just getting the ball a lot in backline
Usually the way it works.
If he’s a sweeping defender like Slorach or Jess who both get a lot of the ball why wouldn’t they be in the best!

Strange observation. I wouldn't have at all said Cody was injury prone. Clash of heads round one against Natte ruled him out for 4 weeks with a fractured eye socket but that isn't what I would class as injury prone. If he kept doing hammy's or calves yeah you'd have a point.

Their offensive game I'd rate 2nd behind Carisbrook. Trentham are number 1 around the ball clearance wise.

The talk before the game was Dunolly had 6/7 players different to their earlier encounter with Navarre and were hoping to give them a bit of show. They certainly weren't saying they'd beat Navarre but were hopeful of a competitive showing. Navarre's class and finals experience really shown through. They have already signed a few for next season (no idea of names) and are hopeful to go up another couple of spots next year again.

Natte should polish of Lexton with relative ease and get themselves into a prelim. The Saints/Hoppers game will be a corker. Good luck picking a winner and the winner may need to play a grand final type game to get the win and then have to face Brook and do it all again.
Agree with all that. Lexton won't get within 100 points of Natte you would think, after being behind against Rovers at half time two weeks ago. Navarre looked really good Sunday.

Trentham very good today in a bloody tough encounter.
Navarre made them earn it, but saints too quick.
Best game seen for the year not sure anyone else can go with them.

Trentham very good today in a bloody tough encounter.
Navarre made them earn it, but saints too quick.
Best game seen for the year not sure anyone else can go with them.
Ripping game. Can't help but wonder how things play out if Driscoll kicks that goal but gee whiz... Carisbrook/Trentham is going to be box office next week

Chalk and cheese Saturday to Sunday games. Lexton not kicking a goal is probably worse than Dunolly's defeat the week prior. Holt didn't play for Natte I see, is he injured? Big lump of a lad that if he keeps his head screwed on could take Natte past Harcourt this weekend.

Top 4 teams through which is unsurprising, Navarre half a step back but certainly wouldn't have been out of place in a prelim.

Trentham and Brook is again mouth watering shame it won't be for the GF as these two sides probably should have played off but footy is strange game sometimes. Harcourt and Natte will also be an interesting hit out. You'd think Harcourt should edge them out but Natte won't go without a fight.

Chalk and cheese Saturday to Sunday games. Lexton not kicking a goal is probably worse than Dunolly's defeat the week prior. Holt didn't play for Natte I see, is he injured? Big lump of a lad that if he keeps his head screwed on could take Natte past Harcourt this weekend.

Top 4 teams through which is unsurprising, Navarre half a step back but certainly wouldn't have been out of place in a prelim.

Trentham and Brook is again mouth watering shame it won't be for the GF as these two sides probably should have played off but footy is strange game sometimes. Harcourt and Natte will also be an interesting hit out. You'd think Harcourt should edge them out but Natte won't go without a fight.

Reasonable assessment S&P.
Great game Saturday
Sunday a joke , 7 points !!!! on a sunny day in a final.
Navarre way better team than Natte ( beat them twice during the year easily as well)
Also handled Harcourt on their own deck.
Weren’t a step back that was just there finals draw.
Trentham class of the comp but will be very sore.
Interesting to see how they come up against the brook.
Harcourt will be way to good for Natte.

Reasonable assessment S&P.
Great game Saturday
Sunday a joke , 7 points !!!! on a sunny day in a final.
Navarre way better team than Natte ( beat them twice during the year easily as well)
Also handled Harcourt on their own deck.
Weren’t a step back that was just there finals draw.
Trentham class of the comp but will be very sore.
Interesting to see how they come up against the brook.
Harcourt will be way to good for Natte.
Remember Natte beat Harcourt at Harcourt only a few weeks ago, quite well in the end
I doubt that final will be as one sided as you suggest, unless there is injuries

Handy call.
Solid judge of footballer tasman.

Can't say I saw a lot of Harcourt this season but a clear winner so kudos to him.

Brewster polling votes for kicking bags was unsurprising. Fowkes polling that many votes was surprising after hurting a shoulder early in the year and only playing every second week due to work. Wouldn't have been the Navarre player I would have picked to be up there with Billy Driscoll.

Solid judge of footballer tasman.

Can't say I saw a lot of Harcourt this season but a clear winner so kudos to him.

Brewster polling votes for kicking bags was unsurprising. Fowkes polling that many votes was surprising after hurting a shoulder early in the year and only playing every second week due to work. Wouldn't have been the Navarre player I would have picked to be up there with Billy Driscoll.
It was a reasonable count, although I felt Frost had it in the bag after about five or six rounds with the pace he was polling at, and other games he played well in, had it sewn up with about three games to go. The big boys had quite a say in it - Frost, Brewster and Lockwood made up the top three places, with Fowkes up there too. Add in Webber-Mirkin leading the way for Trentham - local footy league vote counts are a big man's world at the moment!

Remember Natte beat Harcourt at Harcourt only a few weeks ago, quite well in the end
I doubt that final will be as one sided as you suggest, unless there is injuries
Fair enough Glacé.
Just reckon they are too slow.
Shut Brewster and Mortlock down and you will stop Natte.
Interesting to see if big bad plays.
Harcourt by 5 goals.
Trentham will need to stop Bailey Edwards and Chester but flip it and the Saints have plenty you need to hold as well.
They will be sore Trentham but young enough to recover.
Great game coming I think.
Trentham just.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many games has Hall played for Harcourt?
Fair enough Glacé.
Just reckon they are too slow.
Shut Brewster and Mortlock down and you will stop Natte.
Interesting to see if big bad plays.
Harcourt by 5 goals.
Trentham will need to stop Bailey Edwards and Chester but flip it and the Saints have plenty you need to hold as well.
They will be sore Trentham but young enough to recover.
Great game coming I think.
Trentham just.
Apparently Hall has been done for the year for weeks. Broke a bone, maybe thumb/wrist something like that? And has moved away from the area too. But whether they can talk him into 1 or possibly 2 more games is a different story I suppose.

Any news on hall?
Predictions for the weekend?
Natte vs harcourt will be a belter. Midfield battle. Whoever gets better looks inside 50 wins. Both dominant forward lines. Natte back 6 probably a bit stronger? Good contest.

Carisbrook vs Trentham worthy of a gf. Carisbrook have the midfield strength and forwards in form. Backline suss in my opinion. Trentham balanced over the field. Can Weber-mirkin and keogh deliver on a big stage is the question. Keogh been kept quiet in both finals so far?

What a weekend of footy in Store

Any news on hall?
Predictions for the weekend?
Natte vs harcourt will be a belter. Midfield battle. Whoever gets better looks inside 50 wins. Both dominant forward lines. Natte back 6 probably a bit stronger? Good contest.

Carisbrook vs Trentham worthy of a gf. Carisbrook have the midfield strength and forwards in form. Backline suss in my opinion. Trentham balanced over the field. Can Weber-mirkin and keogh deliver on a big stage is the question. Keogh been kept quiet in both finals so far?

What a weekend of footy in Store
If its wet then Harcourt over Natte and Trentham over Brook
If dry then I think anything can happen

What’s the thoughts and reasoning behind these statements
Natte have been terrible in wet games this season, two out of 3 losses during the regular year have been in the wet v Navarre and Trentham

I think Trentham thrive in the wet, their ground was pretty wet from half way through

Natte have been terrible in wet games this season, two out of 3 losses during the regular year have been in the wet v Navarre and Trentham

I think Trentham thrive in the wet, their ground was pretty wet from half way through
Spot on Glacier

Last edited:
Natte not up to it.
Overrated and too slow.
Forwards didn’t pay their way either.
Anyway Harcourt deserve their spot.
Better game coming tomorrow.
Most likely worthy of a GF.

Brook too good for a bruised Trentham today.
Both Grand Finalists have done it easy enough, so they should be on a level playing field come next week.
Chester big out thou.