MCDFNL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Glacier man.
Hoppers handled Natte rd 1
easily when they were near full strength!
Trentham clearly the front runners atm.
Long way to go but.
Don’t be surprised if there are mid ladder challengers come finals time.

Not sure Glacier man.
Hoppers handled Natte rd 1
easily when they were near full strength!
Trentham clearly the front runners atm.
Long way to go but.
Don’t be surprised if there are mid ladder challengers come finals time.
Who do you think could still surprise mate?

Who do you think could still surprise mate?
Think it’s a race in 5
Trentham
Brook
Harcourt
Navarre
Natte
Some sides not playing with full decks at all atm.
Seems Trentham Natte only ones running near full strength sides.
Ladder position will play a role but this year in particular it may come from outside the top 4.
Brook full side will take handling!

Think it’s a race in 5
Trentham
Brook
Harcourt
Navarre
Natte
Some sides not playing with full decks at all atm.
Seems Trentham Natte only ones running near full strength sides.
Ladder position will play a role but this year in particular it may come from outside the top 4.
Brook full side will take handling!
What do we think now? Few more top 5 games been played and you can’t pick between them. Interesting finals will be terrific. Who rounds out the top 8?not that they will touch the 5!!

What do we think now? Few more top 5 games been played and you can’t pick between them. Interesting finals will be terrific. Who rounds out the top 8?not that they will touch the 5!!
Not sure banana man.
Apparently Brook not at full strength Saturday.
Yet credit to Natte.
Harcourt handled easily after half time against Navarre.
Hall will need to play for them to challenge.
Trentham young but still on top.
Fit full side needed by all to win it!

Now everyone has played one and other.
any thoughts on the year so far ?
-Flag favourites
-League medalist
-Improvers and disappointments ?
Interested to hear

-Flag favourites
-League medalist
Interested to hear
Top 5 pretty predictable from start of season. Still a very very tight race for the double chance. Feel bad for whoever finishes 8th and faces up against potentially a team that missed top by a game or two. Good luck picking a favourite. Brook maybe favourite. If Navarre beat Natte again this week it puts their name in the conversation but at the minute they might be half a step back. Literally depends on whether teams can get the full contingent out there. Still so much unknown week to week.

Dunolly making a push into the 8 is a good for them. Good on them for getting somewhat back on track. Let’s hope for the sake of the league it’s not a one off season.

Lexton pretty disappointing this season.

League medalist is always a tougher one to pick. The top 5 teams have their 5-8 players that will steal votes off each other particularly against Park Rovers Creek. But options from the top 5 teams I’ve seen would be Cowan from Trentham, Brewster from Natte (sheer amount of goals will score him some votes), Anderson from Harcourt, Rinaldi from Brook and Bibby from Navarre (who has had a decent year in the ruck for his first season in there). The latter I wouldn’t expect to win but will poll alright/better than expected.

-Flag favourites
-League medalist
Interested to hear
Still stick with the top 5 as said before.
Believe anyone can really win it, Harcourt perhaps a step away.
Healthy full list required!!!!
Natte/Nav
Trent/Car
Big games this week.
Close games- top 4 shaping games.
League medalist Cowan Trentham
Brewster/Mortlock Natte
Bowen/Rinaldi Car
Slorach/Driscoll’s Nav

Might be a tie again.

Dunolly/Nav Biggest improvers

Lexton/Avoca Ordinary years and wouldn’t be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winners this week and league bnf next Monday?
Trentham
Brook. This will be a very good game. If Chester plays like he did Saturday against Navarre then it will be a week off next week for Brook.
Navarre
Maldon to cause the only "upset" of the first week.

BnF could come from anywhere. Probably need to look at a middle team such as Maldon/Lexton/Talbot for someone who isn't going to get votes taken off them from other good players in the team but as mentioned a few posts above there are plenty of options from the top 5 teams.

Winners this week and league bnf next Monday?
Trentham - class of the comp although Harcourt are in great form
Carisbrook - this one is the hardest to pick! Both teams very close. Be interesting to see how Brook pulls up after a game on an incredibly heavy Navarre surface.
Navarre - same deal, see how they pull up but think it's not Dunolly's time yet. Great story making finals though
Maldon - they got a few back last week and that was a genuinely brutal performance against Park. Play like that and I reckon they get the win on Sunday but again, hard to pick.

B&F - I reckon Brayden Frost is a great chance to win it from Harcourt, also think Bailey Goodwin/Joel Fisher might poll well in Dunolly's wins. Realistically any of the stars from the top five would have to be considered a chance too. Looking forward to a good count anyway.

Trentham - class of the comp although Harcourt are in great form
Carisbrook - this one is the hardest to pick! Both teams very close. Be interesting to see how Brook pulls up after a game on an incredibly heavy Navarre surface.
Navarre - same deal, see how they pull up but think it's not Dunolly's time yet. Great story making finals though
Maldon - they got a few back last week and that was a genuinely brutal performance against Park. Play like that and I reckon they get the win on Sunday but again, hard to pick.

B&F - I reckon Brayden Frost is a great chance to win it from Harcourt, also think Bailey Goodwin/Joel Fisher might poll well in Dunolly's wins. Realistically any of the stars from the top five would have to be considered a chance too. Looking forward to a good count anyway.

The stand outs are Trentham and Natte for mine. Both in fine form at the right time of year.

Good to see Dunolly in a final. Been a long time although they won’t get close to Navarre. Maldon easily in the other final.

Will be good to hopefully see some quality and close contests. Unfortunately the competition is in trouble and a serious review of football in the region is needed with clubs fully supportive rather than protecting their own….

Cowan for mine for the medal too. A class above the rest.

I have heard a lot of rumours involving clubs in the Golden Rivers, North Central, Loddon Valley, Heathcote District, Picola and Kyabram leagues with supposedly about a dozen clubs finding new homes and the end of the Golden Rivers comp and Picola's clubs divided into two. We also have the ongoing saga that is the "Upper Murray FNL or Upper Murray Eagles in the Tallangatta league" heading into a fourth year.

None of these seem to have much rock-solid evidence beyond "apparently ..." or "I hear that ..." at this stage, apart from Marong and Maiden Gully advising they want to transfer to the Heathcote District league and Kinglake wanting to cross over from the Outer East league to the Northern league.

What is true is that every region apart from Sunraysia and maybe Hampden need to make at least some sort of change (mergers, league composition changes). Reviews for each region were overdue as far back as 2019.

Unfortunately, AFL Victoria has yet again failed to show any proactivity as we head to the end of the 2022 season. They should be announcing now that they are conducting regional reviews over the summer with an intended release date of mid-2023 and implementation for the 2024 season.

As the peak body for country football in the state, they should be showing leadership into the short and medium term as we negotiate the exit from a turbulent Covid era.

Three pretty handy finals this week, although the Driscoll boys were phenomenal today in their game too. Finish to the Trentham/Harcourt game was a beauty, had plenty. Rodda off the ground in the last minute getting it done for the Lions. Premiership race with these top five sides really wide open I reckon!

Reckon Trentham/Navarre could be a fantastic game!

So who do we have in the prelims?
My guess is natte vs harcourt - would be absolutely astonished if Lexton beat natte this week.

Navarre vs carisbrook- Navarre in form to knock Trentham out in straight sets and set a match worthy of the gf.

Navarre are a great team hell my brother plays for the seniors but they don't deserve the flag just due to the fact they have no offensive game. Their best forward is injury prone

Last edited:
Navarre are a great team hell my brother plays for the seniors but they don't deserve the flag just due to the fact they have no offensive game. Their best forward is injury prone
Interesting observation Lukey.
After the weekend results, it looks like they are into it up to there eyeballs.
Still have to kick 27goals in a final offensively probably the most dangerous in it.
Trentham- Been very good all year, can the quick young blokes handle the pressure ,folded early in the 1st half.
Harcourt- Great result for them ,still vulnerable with constant pressure.
Barry could help.
Carisbrook- Best side in it atm,not a lot of weak links , solid game plan and Chester playing well.
100min required to beat them.
Natte-Will beat Lexton easily but get walloped by Harcourt only really got Brewster and Mortlock just is bit slow I reckon.
Anyway it’s still a race in 5 all will need to have a healthy list.
Anyones flag, great for the league.

Strange observation. I wouldn't have at all said Cody was injury prone. Clash of heads round one against Natte ruled him out for 4 weeks with a fractured eye socket but that isn't what I would class as injury prone. If he kept doing hammy's or calves yeah you'd have a point.

Their offensive game I'd rate 2nd behind Carisbrook. Trentham are number 1 around the ball clearance wise.

The talk before the game was Dunolly had 6/7 players different to their earlier encounter with Navarre and were hoping to give them a bit of show. They certainly weren't saying they'd beat Navarre but were hopeful of a competitive showing. Navarre's class and finals experience really shown through. They have already signed a few for next season (no idea of names) and are hopeful to go up another couple of spots next year again.

Natte should polish of Lexton with relative ease and get themselves into a prelim. The Saints/Hoppers game will be a corker. Good luck picking a winner and the winner may need to play a grand final type game to get the win and then have to face Brook and do it all again.

Strange observation. I wouldn't have at all said Cody was injury prone. Clash of heads round one against Natte ruled him out for 4 weeks with a fractured eye socket but that isn't what I would class as injury prone. If he kept doing hammy's or calves yeah you'd have a point.

Their offensive game I'd rate 2nd behind Carisbrook. Trentham are number 1 around the ball clearance wise.

The talk before the game was Dunolly had 6/7 players different to their earlier encounter with Navarre and were hoping to give them a bit of show. They certainly weren't saying they'd beat Navarre but were hopeful of a competitive showing. Navarre's class and finals experience really shown through. They have already signed a few for next season (no idea of names) and are hopeful to go up another couple of spots next year again.

Natte should polish of Lexton with relative ease and get themselves into a prelim. The Saints/Hoppers game will be a corker. Good luck picking a winner and the winner may need to play a grand final type game to get the win and then have to face Brook and do it all again.
Ig but my brother plays defence and gets one of the best ons in some games for just getting the ball a lot in backline