Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Grundy signed for 2 or 3 years he would be coming out of contract soon and Lynch could possibly see a future at Collingwood, with 6 years left on his contract he had no choice but to leave despite him loving the club. The club even acknowledged this was a factor.
That’s a pretty weak argument. Assumes that Lynch would hang around on the chance that Grundy might leave.
Lynch chose to leave because he knows he won’t be picked ahead of Grundy.
He’s gone to a team where he has more chance of being selected.

Great return for 5yrs of development. Would’ve been better off delisting him 3yrs ago.

It does seem a waste of time.

However, the clubs have gone all chips in on Grundy. I hope for the sake of the club that he delivers.

it was only 50/50 whether he was gonna be a delist candidate at the end of next season or not, think people are overrating him a bit. He earned himself a new contract for the Gawn game alone but I wasnt that impressed with him any other time I watched him outside of one VFL game he dominated this year.

it was only 50/50 whether he was gonna be a delist candidate at the end of next season or not, think people are overrating him a bit. He earned himself a new contract for the Gawn game alone but I wasnt that impressed with him any other time I watched him outside of one VFL game he dominated this year.

He was pretty poor early in his career, but he has improved exponentially recently which is a pretty good sign for his future... Hawks got an absolute steal.

He was pretty poor early in his career, but he has improved exponentially recently which is a pretty good sign for his future... Hawks got an absolute steal.
Not sure he did, I remember he got beat by Essendon's first year ruck in a VFL game this year. He dominated against a VFL ruck who looked pretty hopeless. He can follow the ball around pretty well but I have question marks with his overhead marking, kicking, panic handballing etc
I also dont think he walks into Hawks starting ruck over Reeves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Class act is young Max… a shame circumstances didn’t work for him at the Pies… hope he does well at Hawthorn..
Good luck to him. I hope he makes it.

I haven’t seen enough of him to know, but when I look at his VFL stats, 13 disposals, 3 marks, 31 hitouts, I wonder what the hype is about.

Fox sports reporting we got the points equivalent of pick 62 for him, based on this year’s ladder positions…

On this they were using post FA compensation picks and it also doesn’t factor in FS and norther academy bids. I’m willing to wager that by the end of the next draft that pick 62 equivalent will come in to circa 50 and I think we chose wisely with the Hawthorn and Fremantle aspect of it.

Last edited:
I don’t think we have a suitable replacement, can’t see anyone on the list that can take over from Big Max.

who’s going to do do Lunchtime with Max Podcast..?.

Not sure he did, I remember he got beat by Essendon's first year ruck in a VFL game this year. He dominated against a VFL ruck who looked pretty hopeless. He can follow the ball around pretty well but I have question marks with his overhead marking, kicking, panic handballing etc
I also dont think he walks into Hawks starting ruck over Reeves

I agree with everything up to the bolded point although it probably depends on the context of Kappa’s use of the term “improved exponentially”. I don’t know if it’s their usual trolling schtick or they were referring to his work post getting dropped because that period looked like it finally clicked that he’s good enough to make it.

There’ll be plenty of hype around him when he dominates pre-season TT’s so I think he’ll comfortably do enough to start the season as the number 1 unless he picks up an injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back