Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy has an excellent leap. You can see him jump well above Gawn in the game we played against Melbourne.
Usually in the top 5 in the 2km trial at th eib so can run.
Can absolutely dominate VFL. Only 23 and has a lot of improvement to come. I think he was initially a Cat B rookie coming from a soccer background.
Once his Contested marking comes, he will be a very god ruckman. Probably the most potential of all the rucks currently on offer in the draft.
Still wondering why North thinks Xerri is worth a 2nd round pick. Lynch is so much better than him.
If Xerri is worth a 2nd so is Lynch! So for our sake I hope North do in fact get a 2nd for Xerri

Unfortunately, I doubt the club really wanted to keep Lynch. If they really did, then he rightfully would have played in a few of the final 9 games of the season. If he couldn’t crack a game in games which meant SFA then he saw the writing on the wall.

Players less deserving of games were provided with opportunity. And I know the arguments re team balance blah blah blah. It would have made no difference in the grand scheme of things if Lynch rotated off the bench.
I think you are in the minority. You seem stuck on fact Lapinski can’t get a game at Dogs, but not Lynch can’t get a game for us.

On every measure: original draft pick, games played, skill, played game as a kid, talent Lapinski has it all over Lynch. If we get a pick for Lynch in the low 40s it will be robbery. But let’s hope.

Do you remember Adam Gilchrist? Could not get a game for NSW as there were no opportunities. Moved to WA and the rest is history.

And yes I am stuck on the fact that Lynch unfairly was not selected for more games. Absolute disgrace.

The guy has an excellent leap. You can see him jump well above Gawn in the game we played against Melbourne.
Usually in the top 5 in the 2km trial at th eib so can run.
Can absolutely dominate VFL. Only 23 and has a lot of improvement to come. I think he was initially a Cat B rookie coming from a soccer background.
Once his Contested marking comes, he will be a very god ruckman. Probably the most potential of all the rucks currently on offer in the draft.
Still wondering why North thinks Xerri is worth a 2nd round pick. Lynch is so much better than him.
Cool ya jet's there Winston. Lynch is far from the ruckman you think he is. Actually, he would be a bit of a risk to any club because he just doesn't have the runs on the board. He was played one average game where Gawn had 19 disposals and 2 goals, he still looks lost out there and was smashed in his previuos 2 games at senior level. We will do well to get pick 65 off Hawthorn. They could walk him through to the PSD with no fear that any club would take him. Gotta love young pies supporters and their rose colored glasses

Unfortunately, I doubt the club really wanted to keep Lynch
I think you’ll find clubs have been into him for a while, (like we were with Lippa).
Certainly the Hawks were before the end of the season.

Cool ya jet's there Winston. Lynch is far from the ruckman you think he is. Actually, he would be a bit of a risk to any club because he just doesn't have the runs on the board. He was played one average game where Gawn had 19 disposals and 2 goals, he still looks lost out there and was smashed in his previuos 2 games at senior level. We will do well to get pick 65 off Hawthorn

OKay - people need to realise that Gawns 19 possessions were not all on Lynch. Gawn was moved forward at stages because he was ineffective in the ruck.

If Lynch was “smashed” in his first two games, then what term would you use for Keane?

I just hope Grundy does not turn around and decide to go home say next year and then we are left with no ruckman.

As for Lynch, I am sure he will enjoy learning from Monkhorst.

Unfortunately, I doubt the club really wanted to keep Lynch. If they really did, then he rightfully would have played in a few of the final 9 games of the season. If he couldn’t crack a game in games which meant SFA then he saw the writing on the wall.

Players less deserving of games were provided with opportunity. And I know the arguments re team balance blah blah blah. It would have made no difference in the grand scheme of things if Lynch rotated off the bench.

Do you remember Adam Gilchrist? Could not get a game for NSW as there were no opportunities. Moved to WA and the rest is history.

And yes I am stuck on the fact that Lynch unfairly was not selected for more games. Absolute disgrace.
All of which has nothing to do with his value compared to Lapinski which was the claim. Lynch and Lapinski in similar situations, just Lapinski has more runs on board and worth more in terms of trade value.

OKay - people need to realise that Gawns 19 possessions were not all on Lynch. Gawn was moved forward at stages because he was ineffective in the ruck.

If Lynch was “smashed” in his first two games, then what term would you use for Keane?

I just hope Grundy does not turn around and decide to go home say next year and then we are left with no ruckman.

As for Lynch, I am sure he will enjoy learning from Monkhorst.
I should have said destroyed in his fist 2 games and as for Keene, well that was just embarrassing. We can only dream of Grundy going back home and it ain't going to happen. We have Cameron and it wouldn't be hard to get a ruckman if that ever has to happen. If we get more than the Hawks pick 65 I am more than happy to admit I'm wrong.

They could walk him through to the PSD with no fear that any club would take him.
Having a pick before the hawks the club can call this bluff by saying they’ll redraft Lynch.

Funny about Lynch has been at the Pires for years has not shown that much. Maybe new club will be good for him but his trade value is low.
If pies dont use him in deal with hawks may just get a high 3rd rounder for him at best.
Package him up with our pick 27 go to hawks and ask for Tom mitchell, or Omera.How old is Mitchell though may not fit our age profile Omera is 27 could be a good fit if we can get him injury free then he'll be a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny about Lynch has been at the Pires for years has not shown that much. Maybe new club will be good for him but his trade value is low.
If pies dont use him in deal with hawks may just get a high 3rd rounder for him at best.
Package him up with our pick 27 go to hawks and ask for Tom mitchell, or Omera.How old is Mitchell though may not fit our age profile Omera is 27 could be a good fit if we can get him injury free then he'll be a gun
We still need points for Daicos. Trading 27 puts us more in the red. Would be a poor move.

I would’ve thought a pick similar to Lippa, I guess it depends on the demand for him.
Rucks trade value peaks when clubs realise they are a ruck short. There was a sensible article in the Age the other day (rare as most footy journalism is crap), and they pointed out how the Suns got the shaft by going into 2021 with only 3 rucks on the list and losing all three to injury for long stretches. Most want 4, and the Hawks need a Lynch type.

So while Lynch has only got 3 senior games and only one was decent (the Melbourne game was pretty good, he managed to outmuscle Gawn in a less violent version of Mumford's style of game, lots of buffeting and shouldering) he's done the apprenticeship in the VFL and shown something.

Big blokes with strength (which say Cox lacks) and a not terrible endurance (Grtundy is obviously elite here, whereas I think Cameron has plenty of work to do here) are worth a punt, so obviously while he's not close to Lipinski on exposed form his actual trade value (all things considered) is arguably the same.

Rucks trade value peaks when clubs realise they are a ruck short. There was a sensible article in the Age the other day (rare as most footy journalism is crap), and they pointed out how the Suns got the shaft by going into 2021 with only 3 rucks on the list and losing all three to injury for long stretches. Most want 4, and the Hawks need a Lynch type.

So while Lynch has only got 3 senior games and only one was decent (the Melbourne game was pretty good, he managed to outmuscle Gawn in a less violent version of Mumford's style of game, lots of buffeting and shouldering) he's done the apprenticeship in the VFL and shown something.

Big blokes with strength (which say Cox lacks) and a not terrible endurance (Grtundy is obviously elite here, whereas I think Cameron has plenty of work to do here) are worth a punt, so obviously while he's not close to Lipinski on exposed form his actual trade value (all things considered) is arguably the same.
I’d argue it’s not the same. It’ll be a pick in the 50s or 60s.
That’s what he’s worth.

I’d argue it’s not the same. It’ll be a pick in the 50s or 60s.
That’s what he’s worth.

Of course its really up to the clubs what the price is: as a footballer, I can't disagree that's what he's prolly worth now. Hope you're wrong, and the Hawks are willing to pay more for the potential he represents.

There are no words to describe Keane’s performances.

Annihilated, flogged, embarrassed are all words too kind to him.

Lynch showed some glimpses in the Dees game but other than that in his limited chances he has looked pretty ordinary.

Errr ok ... was Grundy some less deserving of getting a game than Lynch?

I mean we're not playing Lynch as a KPF so if you're referring to Cox getting a couple of games then that isn't relevant at all. Lynch is pretty much useless anywhere else except in the ruck, so there really wasn't a spot for him, unless Grundy was out of the team again.

If we want to take a harsher perspective then if Lynch had actually shown that he was more capable as a ruck-forward then we probably wouldn't be here discussing him being traded out now, and neither would Darcy Cameron have been traded in I suspect.

Lynch was fairly non selected. He was not the best available Ruck man and he cannot play effectively elsewhere.

Hope we still get him in for lunchtime with Lynchy 😂

He did a decent job with those. More interesting than the Treloar and Pendles podcasts IMO.

Wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him in the media one day.

Lynch was fairly non selected. He was not the best available Ruck man and he cannot play effectively elsewhere.
First thing Harvey did was bring back Cox. Huge error.
We should have tried a Grundy & Lynch ruck combination. There was nothing to lose in seeing if it could work.
Now we will lose a decent prospect for nothing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back