Player Watch Luke Nankervis - Debut!

Do you think the AFC coaches will pick Luke Nankervis in Round 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe. Problem is that Smith and Milera are already relatively unaccountable guys who play behind the ball, and justify that role with their speed/leg. Based on today it looks like the plan is that Smith moves up the ground and Nankervis plays a more accountable role behind the ball, like Hinge does. Can only have so many people playing that rebounding HBF/wing role. I think, like Hinge, he will need to defend.
Maybe as a senior Smith should finally play accountable football

If you say everyone will turn out average at 2 games in, you're bound to get some right.
I'm not saying he's average. I'm saying that within 2 years he will be hated for the style of play that everybody is praising now.

You can see Sholl for a recent example. But McHenry or Riley Knight also work.

I'm not saying he's average. I'm saying that within 2 years he will be hated for the style of play that everybody is praising now.

You can see Sholl for a recent example. But McHenry or Riley Knight also work.
Those 3 you've chosen are different types of players let alone different to Nankervis.

I'm not saying the guy will be a star, but if you extrapolate using what we've seen in 2 games, it's hard to say he's going to end up a whipping boy.

He's developed a lot in 1 season. I think he's one of the hardest to predict where he'll end up.

Those 3 you've chosen are different types of players let alone different to Nankervis.

I'm not saying the guy will be a star, but if you extrapolate using what we've seen in 2 games, it's hard to say he's going to end up a whipping boy.

He's developed a lot in 1 season. I think he's one of the hardest to predict where he'll end up.
His first two games have been great. I'm not sure what some peope expect from a 2nd game player. A best on ground performance. That's not going to happen. He looks like may develop into a Dawson type I hope.

His first two games have been great. I'm not sure what some peope expect from a 2nd game player. A best on ground performance. That's not going to happen. He looks like may develop into a Dawson type I hope.
He definitely has some Dawson qualities, maybe not his kicking skills but the running style, agility, willingness to run and carry are all pretty similar

Whether that translates to the midfield, who knows

He's tough enough to make it at AFL level. Compare these instincts to Sholl's:

Nankervis has that little sidestep .....and great composure

You can certainly see him as a MID

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nankervis has that little sidestep .....and great composure

You can certainly see him as a MID
Yep, I usually temper my expectations on players succeeding in new positions, but I’m bullish on Nank moving up the ground, whether it be wing or mid

It’s just something about the way he moves around the ground

Just another reminder that we need to prioritise talent - sooner rather than later!

Doesn't mean he should play every game, but should have come into the side much earlier when he had solid SANFL form.

Everything about this play looks great until you realise he finishes it off by handballing it straight to a Port player with no Crows around it.
Just highlighting taking on 3 players at high speed, and instinct was to evade and look for good options, not panic kick immediately. Brave enough for AFL.

Doesn't matter how it ended up this time, but yeah I did cut the clip for that reason 😁

Just highlighting taking on 3 players at high speed, and instinct was to evade and look for good options, not panic kick immediately. Brave enough for AFL.

Doesn't matter how it ended up this time, but yeah I did cut the clip for that reason

In this case he needed to panic kick it 40-50m forward rather than get caught in trouble and handball directly to the oppo in the centre of the ground. Better to tune the ball over inside our 50 (although hopefully someone is there to provide a contest) than turn it over in the middle of the ground and give it straight too them. Not the best example

I reckon Sholl does the right thing and bangs it forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back