Discussion Logo Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a toughy modernising that shield, I did this one a while back and wasn't entirely happy with it

View attachment 1958147

This is really good. Probably one of the best ones I've seen on here for Brisbane. The BBFFC 96 at the bottom is mint.

Some minor stuff from a nerdy typographer...

I'm thinking it needs a customised L for LIONS to avoid the visual cramping at the beginning of the word. Possible a narrowing of the O and N as well to get the balance right.

I'd also let BRISBANE be better letter-spaced rather than justified across the width of the word LIONS. Good rule of thumb is that the space between LIONS and BRISBANE should be more than the space between the letters of BRISBANE

The old school lion needs a redraw too but that's a much tricker job to do just for fun.

I think this is my favourite of the bunch so far, aside from the bottom not having the BBFFC 96 on it. My only suggestion is that perhaps the top of the top of the shield shouldn’t flatten out in the middle, it should continue with the same curve as the text so that the middle of the word Brisbane isn’t so cramped.
If you wanted to, I’d also suggest a new logo containing the Fitzroy Lion could probably also see the Lion itself cleaned up a little bit. I’ve been a big fan of Scorch’s cleanup he did back in 2015 to the point of always using it for hypothetical designs in place of what the Lions actually use, it’s a ripper.
I had a quick go at a clean up. If I had more time it would be executed better, but it shows what sort of change i'm proposing.

In GIF form for comparison's sake:

XT3nSkj.gif

And without the animation:
b8kmZmF.png

I think this is my favourite of the bunch so far, aside from the bottom not having the BBFFC 96 on it. My only suggestion is that perhaps the top of the top of the shield shouldn’t flatten out in the middle, it should continue with the same curve as the text so that the middle of the word Brisbane isn’t so cramped.
If you wanted to, I’d also suggest a new logo containing the Fitzroy Lion could probably also see the Lion itself cleaned up a little bit. I’ve been a big fan of Scorch’s cleanup he did back in 2015 to the point of always using it for hypothetical designs in place of what the Lions actually use, it’s a ripper.
I made some versions with the improved Lion

BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163148.685.png BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T162938.795.png BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T162959.006.png BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163134.256.png BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T162922.034.png BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163013.564.png

Attachments

• BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163027.698.png
    BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163027.698.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163041.063.png
    BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163041.063.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 11
  • BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163103.810.png
    BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163103.810.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 11
  • BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163119.750.png
    BRISBANE LIONS - 2024-04-15T163119.750.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, The NHL's Arizona Coyotes have officially relocated to Utah as of today and will have a new identity, five names have been trademarked.

Utah Blizzard
Utah Venom
Utah Fury
Utah Hockey Club
Utah HC

I presume the generic HC would be temporary until they come up with a proper name, sort of like a Washington Football Team situation. They said they wouldn't rush their identity but they already have three names floated, so take of that what you will.

Meanwhile the Arizona Coyotes have the option to return to the league as an expansion team if they build a new arena within five years and retain their identity and history.

Also in American sports home base changes, the Oakland A's will be playing out of Sacramento until their stadium in Las Vegas is built
Word is they’ll just be “The Athletics” while they’re in Sacramento. Would’ve been cool to see them rebrand as something like the California Athletics while they’re still based in the same state but alas, only a temporary situation so it won’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

Meanwhile the Arizona Coyotes have the option to return to the league as an expansion team if they build a new arena within five years and retain their identity and history.
This is what I don't get about American sports. Why the hell wouldn't the new owner just build a brand new club in Utah instead of taking the Coyotes away from AZ?

This is what I don't get about American sports. Why the hell wouldn't the new owner just build a brand new club in Utah instead of taking the Coyotes away from AZ?
As is often the case, it’s arena related. This reddit comment should be able to explain it better than I can though.

So, The NHL's Arizona Coyotes have officially relocated to Utah as of today and will have a new identity, five names have been trademarked.

Utah Blizzard
Utah Venom
Utah Fury
Utah Hockey Club
Utah HC

I presume the generic HC would be temporary until they come up with a proper name, sort of like a Washington Football Team situation. They said they wouldn't rush their identity but they already have three names floated, so take of that what you will.

Fury, Venom or hockey club would be the likely candidates, Blizzard is too close to the Avalanche so that wouldn't work. Really dissapointing to see the yotes leave the league

Maybe not a question for here, just curious-
Would the ABC be in any position to claim copyright, win damages etc? Being a foreign government funded organisation and all?
I wouldn't think so - it looks sufficiently different to me, and I'd imagine there's not a great deal of cross-over in terms of target markets. It's understandable other broadcasters might want to have a logo based on a Lissajous curve related to sound production (in ABC's case for radio & tv). Care to comment GremioPower ?

I wouldn't think so - it looks sufficiently different to me, and I'd imagine there's not a great deal of cross-over in terms of target markets. It's understandable other broadcasters might want to have a logo based on a Lissajous curve related to sound production (in ABC's case for radio & tv). Care to comment GremioPower ?

This is not the closest copy we have from a broadcasting company.

Bandeirantes v. CBS and SBT v. ABC (US) are way more similar.

1713566461316.jpeg

1713566521512.jpeg

P.S.: First time I’ve heard of TV Meio. I’ll check it out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back