News Lions kits and supporter gear discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a fan of us using the Fitzroy Lion on all of our gear

Ya, same. I want the club to get rid of the disembodied head logo and design a new club logo with the old Lion. And incorporate the "BBFFC".

We are a club in a unique position and keeping the old symbols but updating them very slightly (the "BBFFC" part) pays homage to both the roys & the Bears in just the right balance.

Ya, same. I want the club to get rid of the disembodied head logo and design a new club logo with the old Lion. And incorporate the "BBFFC".

We are a club in a unique position and keeping the old symbols but updating them very slightly (the "BBFFC" part) pays homage to both the roys & the Bears in just the right balance.
Would love an updated version of this logo similar to Melbourne & Port Adelaide's shield logos.
20240405_183613.jpg

Last edited:

All my supporter gear is in tatters because I refuse to pay for anything with the paddlepop on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea why we aren't using the iconic passant Lion as our logo in all supporter gear, by itself it is clearly superior to some random BL.
Agree, I only buy merchandise with the passant Lion logo, recently bought the latest cap.

The marketing department think the lolly pop lion and the BL are chic for some reason.
1712556550951.png

I recall years ago we wore think a Fitzroy inspired jumper years ago and the maroon on it was really dark and it’s probably my favourite maroon that’s been used. From my perception,some of the maroons we’ve used are close to dark pink / purple or a redder matron if that makes sense but I think the darker maroon is the way to go.

Interesting to hear in the media today that with the likes of Saints, Dockers, Eagles and a couple of other teams wearing different retro / heritage jumpers in Gather Round that there is already a push for all clubs to sport their heritage jumpers - a concept I always liked- for all future Gather Rounds. I’d love to see us roll with alternating Bears and Fitzroy jumpers or even hell one of the old Lions jumpers - just not the paddlepop jumper - the white one with the yellow stain on the side lol

Interesting to hear in the media today that with the likes of Saints, Dockers, Eagles and a couple of other teams wearing different retro / heritage jumpers in Gather Round that there is already a push for all clubs to sport their heritage jumpers - a concept I always liked- for all future Gather Rounds. I’d love to see us roll with alternating Bears and Fitzroy jumpers or even hell one of the old Lions jumpers - just not the paddlepop jumper - the white one with the yellow stain on the side lol
The North game would of been perfect to wear this guernsey inspired by the Fitzroy Gorillias jumper with the Lion instead of the monogram.

20240401_143645.jpg

20240401_143513.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back