Mod. Notice Lions Board - tell us what you think...

How good is this place?

• Burn the place down and start again

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Some tweaks required (lightly singe the edges)

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • We're doing well (and fire insured)

Votes: 33 68.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Having read quite a few of the other team boards I think the moderators past and present have done or are doing a great job.

I usually lurk during the week and parcipate in discussions on gameday which I really look forward to.

It is great place for me to learn about the youngsters coming through too. It would be a great loss to our board to lose anymore quality posters.

After hearing the poor commentary on the weekend I even started contemplating setting up a live podcast. Similar to how the preview writeups are shared. I would love to hear some bias Brisbane Lions commentary from different posters.

Obviously my time here has been a struggle. My inbox is often filled with messages of support for standing my ground and speaking out when I feel I'm being unnecessarily targeted by often
10-15 posters at a time for having what I believe is a reasonably moderate view on something. And by the same token I am generally ignored or targeted when
I do post, I feel as if you either love me or hate me, funnily enough I never set out to be a trouble maker. I think I deserve what I cop in that regard, I have never aimed to make friends here, and there is not one other poster I would say is a friend on here. I use it for footy info and opinion not friendship.

But I made my bed in that regard and I lay in it.

Obviously still strongly feel for a large majority of what people argue with is about character and groups rather than the validity of someone's argument on different topics, but that's half the fun.

All in all - this is without doubt, the most informative and interesting point of contact for the brisbane lions.

The 'possibility' of getting dayne beams to brisbane, because it makes sense, gets raised 12 months ago on here, and it ends up in the media eventually. The conversation is generally great, posters generally interesting, and thread topics engaging.

When big news breaks on the club, I come here first. When I want to vent I come here, when I want to read over a thread and have my opinion validated, I come here.

The mods do a good job, the latest bunch are by far the most 'fair' when dealing with the indervidual chsracters on here. They don't play favorites.

Interms of the stuff I mentioned above, I view every day as a new one and hold no grudges against anyone, I also don't feel I possess a right to decide who has 'limited knowledge' or who's opinion is valid, I just think everyone should confidently express their opinion.

All in all place is fun, and If there wasn't arguments and banter it would be boring.

Back