Traded Liam Henry [Traded with F4 to St Kilda for F2 and F4]

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Liam Henry walks away and tries to get WCE to give him a massive contract in the PSD...

I feel like this is a real possibility

Pretty sure he’s keen on the bright lights of Melbourne but I am hoping Eagles have at least contacted his manager to enquire.
The more interest he’s getting from Eagles/North/Hawks (as possible suitors in the PSD or trade) the more likely Saints will pay a reasonable amount I’m guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty sure he’s keen on the bright lights of Melbourne but I am hoping Eagles have at least contacted his manager to enquire.
The more interest he’s getting from Eagles/North/Hawks (as possible suitors in the PSD or trade) the more likely Saints will pay a reasonable amount I’m guessing.

Surely now Brockman is at WCE they realise this though?

Oh im aware but if anyone was able to change his mind that way it would be us. We got money to burn with Robertson not coming and a clear need or desire to overpay too.

I could see us giving him lik 4 year 2.4 mill deal or the like
With the new CBA, that is hardly a "massive" deal.

I reckon the Saints would be offering something similiar.

Why do fans carry on like this? We know a deal will he done.

In the end Saints fans will probably say they paid a bit too much and Freo fans will say they didn't get quite enough.

But it will get done .
Don’t you know big footy threats are part of getting a deal done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In isolation Freo could hold out for quite a high price. In practise if the trade can unlock resources that help the club achieve its draft and trade objectives for this and next season it could well end up being 'bad' from a Freo fans perspective in not containing a particularly high pick. Saints fans also annoyed by it being of high points value.

Good news all round if so, SOS can’t bugger around too much if this is the case.
Really just waiting for the Monday morning news to drop on this one, does sound like a done deal.

Seems like it’s close to done and Twomey reporting we are keeping both 13+21

Oh im aware but if anyone was able to change his mind that way it would be us. We got money to burn with Robertson not coming and a clear need or desire to overpay too.

I could see us giving him lik 4 year 2.4 mill deal or the like
Isn't that what got you into this mess to start with?

It's really unfortunate for Freo that Hawthorn being very keen on Henry means they will have to accept unders (least from a Freo perspective) for LH, if they chose to walk him in the PSD, Hawthorn would gladly swoop him with their PSD pick and Henry still ends up at a club he wanted to be at.

I really hope I am wrong, but I don't think SOS will give up anything more than a pick in the 30s for Henry, although thinking maybe a future 2nd round pick is a better outcome for Freo.

It's really unfortunate for Freo that Hawthorn being very keen on Henry means they will have to accept unders (least from a Freo perspective) for LH, if they chose to walk him in the PSD, Hawthorn would gladly swoop him with their PSD pick and Henry still ends up at a club he wanted to be at.

I really hope I am wrong, but I don't think SOS will give up anything more than a pick in the 30s for Henry, although thinking maybe a future 2nd round pick is a better outcome for Freo.
Henry doesn't want the Hawks though, he wants to get to the Saints. If anything, that gives Freo more bargaining power imo, as the Saints threaten losing him if they don't pay fair value.

Sometimes you win the battle but lose the world.

Saints screwing the Dockers is good outcome for them but seriously player managers are looking.

They will say that SOS is impossible to trade with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back