Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah who knows. I’m just responding to the poster who claimed full rebuild was required.

It is. We seem to be having a slight resurgence, but it’s off the back of Yeo, Gov, TB, Kelly, the youngest of which is 28.

Those blokes aren’t gonna be there in 3 years time.

Obviously Harley has come in and done Some good things, but really we are needing to fill out the 22-27 age range while adding in extra youth.

Hopefully Richmond finish below WC then, for your sanity.

Or that Baker wants to go to Freo, which is what has been reported the last month or so.

Not sure if recent events might have a bearing on Bakers decision.

All of a sudden Freo aren’t looking so good and Eagles aren’t looking so bad.

It is. We seem to be having a slight resurgence, but it’s off the back of Yeo, Gov, TB, Kelly, the youngest of which is 28.

Those blokes aren’t gonna be there in 3 years time.

Obviously Harley has come in and done Some good things, but really we are needing to fill out the 22-27 age range while adding in extra youth.

That's the reality. WC has not bottomed out yet. WC need to get a mature key defender into the side pretty quickly and have them get up the level of absolute elite tall back that Barrass and McGovern are within a couple of years.

There's a sample of what happens without that quality there over the last two years.

Yeo has gone from riding off into the sunset to being offered up to three years elsewhere and WC might need to have a tough talk on whether he stays to help shield some first round draft pick elite mids as they grow from teen to AFL man.

Key off season for WC this one.

Or that Baker wants to go to Freo, which is what has been reported the last month or so.

Not sure if recent events might have a bearing on Bakers decision.

All of a sudden Freo aren’t looking so good and Eagles aren’t looking so bad.

I don't think any decisions in football are made like that during the year, if it's a done deal that he's moving then I think it doesn't matter what happens during the season.

It's not like he gets a premiership medal arriving after it's won and 2025 is a whole new season.

If I'm on WC's list management team I'd want Baker because you can play him right where you need him now and then later he is more than capable in almost every other position on the field. He could be the experience for a young group for five to eight years.

And that's a really, really long time in footy.

He'd be perfect for either WA club, but Freo are cheap (see all the players who leave) and WCE won't have a pick in the right range, or any means of trading for one (realistically).
I can understand why Freo didn't want to pay guys like Lobb & Schultz big money their average players, but they know Baker is class tough & worthy of good money with the position they are in.

I think two seconds is more likely than one.

Baker is worth 12-18 imo.
12ish is his value, however any of these picks will blow out considerably after academies, FS's etc. so pick 18 wouldn't get it done and is on the raw end of the deal for us IMO

12ish is his value, however any of these picks will blow out considerably after academies, FS's etc. so pick 18 wouldn't get it done and is on the raw end of the deal for us IMO

That's what happens with an out of contract player who isn't a key forward or back unfortunately.

I won't use the "role player" title for Baker because it's not fair to his ability but he is closer to that than being traded out of contract for a top 15 pick.

I can’t see Richmind getting that kind of value for Baker. If he leaves, the best outcome for Richmond is he chooses Freo, but I think they’d offer their last first as a maximum.

That's what happens with an out of contract player who isn't a key forward or back unfortunately.

I won't use the "role player" title for Baker because it's not fair to his ability but he is closer to that than being traded out of contract for a top 15 pick.
LOL

I can’t see Richmind getting that kind of value for Baker. If he leaves, the best outcome for Richmond is he chooses Freo, but I think they’d offer their last first as a maximum.

Agree on Freo, I am sure we will ask for their first, they will offer their last, and we will meet in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he picks Fremantle, I can see us landing their lowest R1 pick this year.

If he picks WCE, I can see us landing the Eagles 2024 & 2025 R2 picks, with us sending either our or Freos 2024 R2 pick or our 2025 R2 picks back.

If he picks Fremantle, I can see us landing their lowest R1 pick this year.

If he picks WCE, I can see us landing the Eagles 2024 & 2025 R2 picks, with us sending either our or Freos 2024 R2 pick or our 2025 R2 picks back.
Freo would be crazy to send their lowest r1 pick for baker

Freo would be crazy to send their lowest r1 pick for baker
When I say lowest, I'm talking about their 3rd pick in R1.

It's bloody confusing which way to describe the pick, because if I said highest R1 pick, someone would say similar to you that they're crazy giving up their best R1 pick.

When I say lowest, I'm talking about their 3rd pick in R1.

It's bloody confusing which way to describe the pick, because if I said highest R1 pick, someone would say similar to you that they're crazy giving up their best R1 pick.

Ahh yeah that makes sense. If he picks freo, it should be a simple trade.

Was Schultz contracted when he was traded to collingwood for a 1st rounder + #34 ?

"Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz has inked a two-year contract extension at Fremantle that will see him at the Club until at least the end of the 2023 season.

The above is the only info i found

I stand to be corrected if he had extended

Was Schultz contracted when he was traded to collingwood for a 1st rounder + #34 ?

"Fremantle forward Lachie Schultz has inked a two-year contract extension at Fremantle that will see him at the Club until at least the end of the 2023 season.

The above is the only info i found

I stand to be corrected if he had extended

He triggered an extension yes. Contracted for 2024 when traded.

He triggered an extension yes. Contracted for 2024 when traded.
Cool i just couldnt find anything

But with Triggers wouldnt that require both parties to accept the trigger for it to be extended ?
The fact that he requested the trade would indicate it was not accepted meaning out of contract

Cool i just couldnt find anything

But with Triggers wouldnt that require both parties to accept the trigger for it to be extended ?
The fact that he requested the trade would indicate it was not accepted meaning out of contract

Both parties accept the trigger when they sign the deal, he played the games trigger so it extended.

Schultz would be an unrestricted free agent if out of contract

Remove this Banner Ad

Back