Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Adam Saad is the best comparison

If Carlton had pick 10 or 12 or 15 they probably would’ve traded that for Saad. Freo will work out a fair trade with what they have and Richmond will reluctantly accept.

Plus, not all draft classes are of the same quality. The Saad trade looks good because Essendon picked up Zach Reid. If it were done the year before, Green, Flanders, Pickett or Day. The year before that Blakey, Caldwell, Butters or Quaynor.

It is clearly not as simple as Saad got 8 so Baker must get 8. Jordan Dawson trade also looks quite similar, better player, traded younger, pick 18.

WCE can’t afford him and his management aware of salary cap issues.
Freo trade offer for Baker at this point not a first rounder.
Richmond front runners to retain him.
Honestly, how do you envisage we can't afford him?

Lost NN, Shuey and Hurn last year.
Gaff will go this year.

Don't know where you're getting your info from TBH.

It fries my brain trying to wrap my head around how people come up with this garbage. Nic Nat, Shuey and Hurn all retired last year and Gaffs massive deal is coming off the books. Half our list are on rookie deals. We have so much cap space that we will struggle to meet the salary floor.

It fries my brain trying to wrap my head around how people come up with this garbage. Nic Nat, Shuey and Hurn all retired last year and Gaffs massive deal is coming off the books. Half our list are on rookie deals. We have so much cap space that we will struggle to meet the salary floor.
He's talking like Baker will be on 2 million a year.

I doubt there's not a club in the league who couldn't afford to pay around $800 000 for a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look I wouldn’t post this if it wasn’t good mail. Baker doesn’t fit in WCE salary cap.

Jesus Christ, this bloke's a little champion. Schultz is a far inferior player and got what, a first round pick and a third? The frightened rabbit Cerra isn't fit to tie Baker's bootlaces and got what, pick 6 and a third?

West Coast could easily end up with pick 6. For a champion? Sold.

Fremantle will have to give one of their firsts and a bit more. Although one of their firsts might be pick 6 as well. That on it's own might be enough. Maybe.
He's also 27 next year

I’m sure they’re all good mates.

Chesser is Victorian. If he gets a decent offer to come home with a similarly good chance of game time he may take it.

Gotta give something to get something, he seems a likely target because WCE 2nd might not be as low as projected and they certainly won’t involve their first unless the Tigers add something to Baker.

Still think he gets to Freo. Their picks are better and the need for a player of his age and quality are much greater.

Chesser wont be traded.

Slowly coming good playing the dead defensive wing role. He will show what he is capable of when get gets over 50 games, was always a slow burn and highly rated internally.

And he is good mates with Harley, closer in age and are seen out and about together at events etc.

Eagles need good players so they wont be trading Chesser out.

Jesus Christ, this bloke's a little champion. Schultz is a far inferior player and got what, a first round pick and a third? The frightened rabbit Cerra isn't fit to tie Baker's bootlaces and got what, pick 6 and a third?

West Coast could easily end up with pick 6. For a champion? Sold.

Fremantle will have to give one of their firsts and a bit more. Although one of their firsts might be pick 6 as well. That on it's own might be enough. Maybe.

OMG.

Eagles trade pick 6 for Baker. Can we just imagine Kane Cornes teeing off at the club if they did that. Its totally ridiculous to imagine a club at the Eagles stage of a rebuild to pay a top 10 pick for a B+ .......at times A grade role player.

Saw hm last night at half time being interviewed by Cameron Ling. My wife....."oh look how tiny he is standing next to that Geelong fella."

Now I know, he can play. He's a tough, brave player with heart almost as big as Far Lap but he isnt a key position player nor a gun full time mid.

The only way the Eagles 1st comes into play is if they split the pick. Then potentially a late 1st is offered. And that is being very generous by the Eagles. Very.

Wow. How to prove you have no idea.

Which players at the Eagles are taking all this cap space. Half the Eagles list is 21 or younger and on rookie wages.

The tight cap that is increasing to $17m by 2025?

Go do some research.

We have three firsts. Would say the lowest one will be around 12-15 at the absolute worst…can’t see Port finishing top 4 anymore…don’t think they’re good enough.

We keep going the way we are we will have a top 8 pick, Collingwood pick could be anywhere from 12-18

The worst one sits nicely for Baker

Look I wouldn’t post this if it wasn’t good mail. Baker doesn’t fit in WCE salary cap.

Your mail has been hacked.

How much is Baker getting paid pa? $2m a year?

Because that is what the Eagles free cap space is in 2026. At least another $2m free in 2025 next season as well.

The CBA increases are not linked to any current contracts. Plus big salaries coming off the books end of this season and next.

I have read you mention the eagles salary cap issues a couple of times
Eagles would have a shed load of cap space this year and most likely alot more than most clubs next year

I highly doubt they are in any trouble with their cap with even more players coming off contracts like Gaff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back